Wrapping NI200 advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimmie

Jun 30, 2015
Canada
Use a machine screw for wrapping...a bajillion times easier to wrap a coil. Also, keep the screw in the coil when attaching it to your deck. Once you have it connected properly, then unscrew it GENTLY and wick it. If you mangle the coil when wicking...ie too much wick that pulls the coil outta shape...pull the wicking out, screw the machine screw back into the coil to re-align it on the deck...then wick again. Works like a charm for me :)

Easy trick that I found(not sure if here or on CECR) but just wrap your NI200 coil however you can. Doesnt matter if it is ugly or not. Grab hold of the last wrap on each end and stretch it out a decent distance.
After that just push it all to the lip of the screwdriver, squishing it so all the wraps touch. When you let go they will spring out and be perfectly(for the most part) spaced. Usually do that once or twice, and it hasnt failed me yet.

Bantam59

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
Staten island,NY
One end in a drill. The other end hold with pliers. Push button on drill and spin for a few seconds.. 30 should do depending on fast you spin it. Just be careful wire doesn't snap back when releasing. it is like cold tempering it.
Pulsing may "melt" it.
Don't pulse nickel wire..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
Use a machine screw for wrapping...a bajillion times easier to wrap a coil. Also, keep the screw in the coil when attaching it to your deck. Once you have it connected properly, then unscrew it GENTLY and wick it. If you mangle the coil when wicking...ie too much wick that pulls the coil outta shape...pull the wicking out, screw the machine screw back into the coil to re-align it on the deck...then wick again. Works like a charm for me :)
This.

It's by far the best method I've found so far. It makes a perfect coil every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread