Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Does anybody know if being in this Florida heat will prevent him from getting that "second" coat this winter so he won't shed so darn bad next spring? He sheds enough in one day to make a kitten! As my mom would say when as kids we'd ask her "what for"..." Cat fur to make a pair of kitten britches.";)

Kinda 'tuff (note no 'ph's) to counter millions of years evolution within a pet's life span. IOW, NO!

As fer cat fur britches, lemonade from lemons... (and no, won't go beyond dat)

... if it is it is going to be a cycle that eventually mankind will not be able to overcome.

Ummm, surely at some point. Humans will survive for quite a while through many future global cataclysmic cycles; even though they may not have AC, internet, powered transportation, etc. I'm more concerned 'bout humans eliminating humans in the interim!

Ma Nature is a magnificent, impartial, efficient and endless entity that really has no need to recognize humans as something special. IOW, we need to get over our individual selfish selves! Love is not just a word... it's POWER! I don't GAS where ya find it, use it! In my case it is a belief in He/She/It that created Ma Nature and her 'house' rules.

WE must take care of ourselves and make sensible life decisions while doing our best to assist others if possible!

Pre-edit: <sigh> OK, I'm really whooped right now and not expressing myself as I wish. In rereading my post prior to posting, I must say that I'm a believer in individual initiatives and well being with a Guiding Light. I would be untrue to myself if I only relied upon any human 'system' while believing only in myself and those that believe the same. The human spirit is not a human invention! But it is divine and blessed...

Truly, luv ya'll...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I've made it from page 5 to page 18 and have to quit for now before my arm falls off. :lol:

Our son worked at REI and said they had people come in with Rx's from their docs for these things and when Mike asked his foot doc about them he said they're great for proper support which will help avoid bone spurs and plantar fasciitis . Our son even wears them all the time now. Looks like they should last a good long time.
thanks to you and to Mike for the suggestions, I'll have him look into these. Got it written down.

Edited - never mind...
awwwww Iffy wuz bein a good puppy!

so when he turned 30 (the year I was to turn 45) he called me up and laughed and said he was 30 now which meant I was officially old since he was officially old.. lol..
and that's when she clobbered him your honor.

I'm a former cigarette smoker (just 4 weeks with a cig) and decided to give vaping a go. I'm still fumbling my way through all the information (so much to learn!) and the lingo but I'm very much enjoying vaping thus far. I'm happy to sit on my patio, which I'm doing right now, and vape away without bothering my neighbours with stinky cigs. Nothing like a guilt-free puff!
welcome to da porch, and wahoooooooooooooo on kickin da cigs!! That's fantastic!! Sounds like you have a great sense of humor ( = yur as nutty as we are , in a good way) and will fit in just fine around here!

Mornin' everyone! Always happy to know where to find the Porchers :). Hope all y'all have a glorious day, today!
(((((((((Birdy))))))))) good to see you sweetie!!!

Debadoo, I'm glad your son's surgery turned out well. May he recover quickly and fully.
thanks sweetie!! Prayers that all will work out great with your job! Maybe they'll lay off the idiot!! lol

I could drop dead tomorrow, and it wouldn't matter anyway. :)
uhmmm.......that's not permitted......didn't you get the memo??

What is the point of the roasted coffee beans? I have a thing about functionality being the only thing that matters. I might eat one or two of the beans but nobody is going to eat all of them. Phooey on artistic presentation. :)
I ate almost that many beans when I got the coffee you sent! but I totally agree about not stickin stuff on the plate ya don't eat just to make it look good

Well I just got to do the Knight in armor bit.
awwwwwww what a sweetie!!

anyway the surgery was amazing. I woke up and haven't had a pain since - and walk normal. Nomore limp Nomore pain and best of all NOMORE PAIN MEDS!!!
that's wonderful it worked so well for ya!!

Hello all, as I stated in the other thread...I am old, I vape, and need to look into a mod holder for my walker!
welcome!!! pull up a chair and jump right in

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Futile.jpg

Stolen from George Takei's FB post today.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I was serious about the cat shedding question. I have no idea but, I sure hope so.

I have no idea about any change in the shedding, but you could always have her shaved. We had a Maine .... Cat that has hair like your cat and she shed a lot too. As she got older she couldn't keep up and would quickly mat terribly. The vet suggested having her shaved and we did. It was called the lion cut where they left her head, neck, feet and tail tip alone and shaved the rest. It was really cute! The first time we did it she slinked around the house like she as mortified, but quickly got used to it and actually loved it.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I got out for a little bit before it got too hot this morning. I brushed some of the dust and cobwebs off my bicycle, put on a backpack to carry the mail I knew I had out in the mailbox, put on my helmet, then realized the tires needed air.

Went inside and got my pump, pumped up the tires and made the 1.1 mile round trip to my mailbox. I did get winded on the way up the hill away from my house, trying to pedal through the loose sand on my path. I feel a little worn out but also a little energized. I really should do that more often, but right now I'm pretty sure I'm just not in sufficient shape (unless round is the proper shape) to do the yard work that some of y'all do.

My reward at the mailbox: a big ole bottle of FA Orange flavor and a teeny bottle of FA Watermelon flavor from RTS, and 10 feet of 0.4 mm (about 26 gauge) titanium wire from Sweet Spot Vapors, along with some unimportant stuff like bills and whatnot.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I got a small sample of cotton with my wire. It seems to be more tightly made than KGD and I'm thinking it will make some good wicks. I should have taken a pic of the cotton. Maybe later, after I celebrate my little bit of exercise with a nap. :)

I've been out of FA Orange for about a month. It is my absolute favorite flavor, and once FA (FlavourArt) tested all of their flavorings for AP and diacetyl, I had no hesitation about ordering a 120 ml bottle of it.

Vapemail20150829.jpg

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I got a small sample of cotton with my wire. It seems to be more tightly made than KGD and I'm thinking it will make some good wicks. I should have taken a pic of the cotton. Maybe later, after I celebrate my little bit of exercise with a nap. :)
View attachment 485111
You must like orange ;)
Whatcha make with it?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I know I like FA Orange, a lot! I make Orange, Orange with something else (a touch of mint, menthol, spearmint or peach) and Orange Orange.
Thanks, will have to get some FA orange on my next flavor order.
Ever try CAP sweet Tangerine? A touch is nice in orange.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
anybody use inawera flavors ?
I have tried 3 or 4 Inawera flavors. For me not good at all to artificial tasting. as I recall I tried the Watermelon and canteloupe and did not like either, I forget the others. all got discarded. I have a lot of the same issues with the TFA stuff as well. Just me I suppose, cursed with peculiar taste buds.
Capella is my main go to flavoring. but some of those I can't handle either. Strawberries n Cream is one.

back on Inawera. Andria LOVES the Inawera Shisha Strawberry, but to me it is fairly horrible....

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Well the weather is great here this morning. Just finished the mowing w/ the yard tractor and taking a little break. Then it's get out the push mower and do the pool area. I've got the afternoon to get some more chores done - but after a couple-hrs of mowing (3 acres plus the pool area) - I think I'll take the afternoon off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread