E-cigarette vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Many factors are at play with how light or soft a vape is.

1) Biggest Nicotine Content - This is listed in one of two ways on the bottle by Milligrams per milliliter (example 12mg) or by percentage of volume (example 1.2%) both are the same here as 12mg
2) Base mixture - This is listed as a ratio of Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG), higher PG content in a liquid will cause a higher throat hit, example a 70PG/30VG liquid will have more throat hit compared to a 30PG/70VG liquid, higher PG liquids will be quite watery where higher VG liquids will be more syrupy
3) Power output of your device - this has many variables involved, but the relationship between your coil resistance and voltage output will give an integer of power output as watts, though just watts listed will give us an idea of your vapor output, but if you are on a Variable voltage or set voltage device, letting us know what device and attachment along with coil resistance and voltage setting on a variable device lets us help you better. Higher ending wattage means more heat, more heat means more liquid vaporizing, more liquid consumed more nicotine is delivered. 9mg liquid at 20watts will deliver more nicotine per volume compared to an 18mg liquid at 12watts.

RogerK

Aug 20, 2015
There are ways to increase and decrease vapor. What sort of e-cig do you have? and the strength (mg) of Nicotine?
I am currently using Crown 7 Gladiator, which is my first one. I was using 6mg. nicotine but moved up to higher nicotine. which is better! I still find the vapor a little to harsh unless I make minor drags on the e-cigarette.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I am currently using Crown 7 Gladiator, which is my first one. I was using 6mg. nicotine but moved up to higher nicotine. which is better! I still find the vapor a little to harsh unless I make minor drags on the e-cigarette.

Okay if reading their site right, you're on an Ego Class with a Ce4 class tank, so 3.7v and about 2ohm resistance. Looking at their liquids offered, I'm going to assume they are using a mixture or 70pg/30vg or thinner, and the fact they only offer 6mg, 18mg, and 24mg, if you tried the 6mg first and bumped up to the 18mg, you might be in the 12mg range right in the middle of those two. You might have to look at another juice manufacturer or juice vendor near you that offers a 12mg and look at a 50pg/50vg blend liquid as well.

RogerK

Aug 20, 2015
Okay if reading their site right, you're on an Ego Class with a Ce4 class tank, so 3.7v and about 2ohm resistance. Looking at their liquids offered, I'm going to assume they are using a mixture or 70pg/30vg or thinner, and the fact they only offer 6mg, 18mg, and 24mg, if you tried the 6mg first and bumped up to the 18mg, you might be in the 12mg range right in the middle of those two. You might have to look at another juice manufacturer or juice vendor near you that offers a 12mg and look at a 50pg/50vg blend liquid as well.
I just realized that the nicotine strength I'm using is at 11mg which is ultra light. If I go to
I just realized that the nicotine strength is low at 11mg. But if I go to a stronger strength won't that make the vapor harsher?

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Did that help? Or was it the PG/VG levels that made the difference?

it was the only thing that worked ... I didn't actually discover it until after I had spent several 100s of dollars on vendor juice.

There was one thing common to them all ... harshness (some people refer to it as throat hit).

When I smoked, I never experienced much throat hit unless I smoked a dry stale cigarette. This is the exact same comparison I get between vendor juice and VT nicotine.

There is one vendor juice I still buy ... however, to enjoy it without the harshness, I have to order it with 0 nicotine and add my own VT nicotine.

VT nicotine is at least 2x the price of what most vendors use ... IMO, another case of, you get what you pay for.

RogerK

Aug 20, 2015
it was the only thing that worked ... I didn't actually discover it until after I had spent several 100s of dollars on vendor juice.

There was one thing common to them all ... harshness (some people refer to it as throat hit).

When I smoked, I never experienced much throat hit unless I smoked a dry stale cigarette. This is the exact same comparison I get between vendor juice and VT nicotine.

There is one vendor juice I still buy ... however, to enjoy it without the harshness, I have to order it with 0 nicotine and add my own VT nicotine.

VT nicotine is at least 2x the price of what most vendors use ... IMO, another case of, you get what you pay for.
Thanks Willey! That is exactly what is happening to me! I get the same thing no matter what the nicotine level! It must have something to do with the PG/VG levels.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Direct from Molin: 1ltr of 36mg/ml 100% VG CHEMNOVATIC is about $100 shipped to the US. (duty/customs not included)

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I just realized that the nicotine strength I'm using is at 11mg which is ultra light. If I go to

I just realized that the nicotine strength is low at 11mg. But if I go to a stronger strength won't that make the vapor harsher?

Sorry for the late reply, dealing with my dad, just got out of hospital yesterday from a knee replacement, so I am off and on the computer all day today.

To answer you, 11mg is fine, you could probably also try a 9mg. As Willy been posting a lot of Nicotine base solutions have a peppery tone in flavor and sharp, punch, especially lower grade Nic Solutions, close approximation, like taking black peppercorns and seeping out the flavor of them into a solution of PG then try vaping on that, but this is what gives such a harshness. Moving from a high PG liquid to a higher VG liquid the VG can mute this down as is coats surfaces to dull it down, that or the next step down to a 8, 9, even a 10mg liquid. But I'd also look at a better tank system, an Aspire ET-S, Aspire CE5 (this will look a lot like your tank you have now, only difference is the coil head will be at the bottom instead of the top), Kanger Protank Mini, all 3 of these are bottom coil head tanks, moving the heating element further away from your mouth gives the vapor a little more travel to cool down a bit could decrease harshness as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread