Sigelei 150W TC help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Starkville
I'm considering spending the cash for the 150W TC mod and before I do I figured I would ask people more knowledgeable about this stuff than me. I'm wondering if this is one of if not the best temperature controlled box mods. When I look over TC mods it seems nothing companies to this but I would as fast as the vape world is moving I want to make sure I currently have the newest and best chip set. Should I purchase this or just be happy with my mech mods for now?

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Starkville
Actually I had no clue upgradable chips existed haha. And that's why I came here for help. I previously had an evic supreme but 1 month out of warranty it just stopped working. Constantly said overload protection even using a pre bought 1.5 ohm coil (before I got really into sub ohming). I was upset that such an expensive piece didn't last long so made the switch to mech mods and have been using them for 6-7 months. So as far as regulated mods I'm not up to date on current tech. I'll take a look at them. I want something that is TC but also has the power to be ran with kanthal which is why I was looking at the 150W.

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Starkville
According to a quick review it looks like the dna200 is a better mood than the sx350j. So I guess at this point it is a matter of which one. I really really like the fact it is rebuild able but at the same time it uses special batteries which would require a complete change in hardware. Not the end of the world for sure but something I need to consider...

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Starkville
Ok so dumb question. The dna200 is the chipset used correct? What is a really good mod brand that uses this and is rebuildable? I'm currently searching but the more I search the more I get confused.

I keep coming across the vtbox 200 but that's about it currently. I can't find anything regarding a replaceable chipset only that it is firmware upgradable. Which is great if there are any issues but not sure that will allow for me to stay current when technology changes.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    First you have to understand that most "MODS" are not rebuildable.
    - some have replaceable batteries, others don't
    - some have upgradable FIRMWARE, others don't

I'd suggest ether: A) defining a 'must have' feature list and/or B) setting a target price and then shopping for setups which meet your needs. There are a TON of capable and attractive MOD's on the market today which could meet just about everyones needs.

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2014
    Starkville
    Thanks @GeorgeS I technically do not have a price cap per say. At this point I am looking to experiment with various coil builds such as parallel twisted etc. I also keep hearing great things about the temp control mods so I guess I'm looking for something with power and TC which is why I was really attracted to the sigelei TC. At that price point I just don't want to look back and feel man for 20-50 dollars more I could of just went all out and got the dna 200 mods. The upgradable firmware is a huge plus however if the company got it right the first time then shouldn't be needed right? I get that doesn't happen all the time (dna 40 for example) but most of the time I don't know that they plan to change much with the firmware.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread