What made you leave your Subtank Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
i like them and have four so i can swap around four different juices at a time. only leaked once or twice because of me forgetting to put the top on the RBA. it may spit on occasion but not enough to be a concern. i run max vg in them and have no problem. i am not a heavy chain vaper and usually vape 15-20 watts. no problem with burnt hits. :toast:

Reactions: FiReSTaRT

Gregorsa

Aug 27, 2015
3 reasons for leaving subtank mini:

1. Muted flavor
  2. Not airflow of my liking
  3. No top fill
I have to admit that vaping over a year exclusively on atomizers with massive airflow was not my style and it made me tired all day inhaling like a turbine, plus the excess amount of liquid u spend. eg on my erlkonigin I am roughly at 4 ml per day and with my subtak I was at least at 15ml per day

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Well, the one thing good about the majority of the RTAs on the market today is that most of them all have an adjustable airflow.

You can adjust it from something like sucking air through a giant fart-pipe exhaust that some kid installed on his used and abused Honda .. to a needle sized hole you might find pushed into some drug addicts arm ... and everything inbetween.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Used a subtank for a couple weeks. Went back to old school with my old Provari 2 and a Kayfun V2. Don't want my body getting used to a ton of vapor and need it to be satisfied. I am now 30 mods & tanks richer but right back to where I was a year ago. Sometimes simple is better. CHEERS!

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
So I borrowed a v1 Mini from my brother-in-law, in my opinion it is not too bad with the rba . My v2 setup is still in China for a few weeks so I was a little impatient. Built a 3mm 6 wrap with 28ga kanthal and wicked with rayon. Haven't tried more than 20 watts yet and I vape unflavored so that is not an issue. It doesn't leak or spit, but the only con I can see is that he must have lost the spring and ball bearing under the air flow ring. A little electrical tape fixed that.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hey guys... While I'm still waiting for my Subtank Mini to arrive, I have to admit that I'm a gadget ........ So I wanted to see what those of you who left the platform liked about it, disliked about it, replaced it with and why.

I liked the Subtank Nano.

Stupid simple to rebuild the OCC heads and install new coil and organic cotton wick.

I gave my Nano to my sister because I needed more airflow.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Just got my STM.. Stupid-easy to build and that was only my 3rd coil ever (did 2 for the Aqua V2 clone). Got a bit of a leak that I'll see if I can fix with a new o-ring. A lot of airflow without sacrificing the flavour compared to the Aqua V2. The only major beef is the crackling on draw even at low wattages.
The crackling is more because of the coil than the tank.

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Ok, got the o-rings replaced, we'll see if that will help even though my juice of choice is pretty thin (80%PG).. @Ou2mame any advice on how to do the coil to prevent the crackling? Larger diameter? More wraps with thinner gauge? I'm pretty new at this, so I'm open to suggestions. If the leaks stop, I honestly don't see a reason to leave this tank.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The N mini is great but coils and wicks only give their best taste for some days and the replacable coil heads are too expensive to replace that often. So I got a Sub mini and rebuilt that for a couple of months. Then I got a Tugboat RDA to try and never looked back. Re dripping an RDA is not so inconvenient (especially if you're using temp control). The tugboat is faster to rebuild, fewer parts to lose, no glass to break. Play with your tanks, learn to rebuild, then try a dripper and see what happens. And may be the flavor is better with rda's but may be it's mostly about vaping on clean wicks and coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread