How to reduce sweet flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arriss

Jun 24, 2015
Central Tx
Hi, been vaping since April 2015, at first I really enjoy'd sweet flavors, vanilla, apple, Banana, etc..... Since then sweet flavors are dissatisfying to me, so I try pg only, then vg only, still sweet flavor base. I order menthol tabacco and to my surprise, sweet flavor taste like mint. Now I've realized, analog's I smoked did not have any sweet flavoring, I enjoyed menthol tobacco. I enjoy Koolada flavoring, cool throat hit, now I just need to find pure tobacco. The sweetness in flavors, is discouraging me to try analogs. Please help, before I poison myself with analogs again.

Any idea's for a non sweet menthol tobacco flavor or pure tobacco ?

Anyone know why all E juice/flavors are sweet ?
Thanks

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hummm, sounds like your taste buds have recovered. I don't really have any helpful ideas except maybe chat with some of your friends and see what they have to say about flavors they have experienced? :unsure:
    Halo has a Belgian Cocoa that I like for the bitterness I get from the dark chocolate, no way of knowing if you would have the same experience with it or not. Maybe an Espresso?

Reactions: Arriss

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    That's it daleron, my taste buds have returned, at first flavors weren't strong enough, now to strong, Lol !!!! I barely take a puff off my tank, producing tiny vape clouds. Thanks for suggest.
    In that case you might just try adding some unflavored (of the same PG/VG ratio) and see if that helps. It will cut the flavor down, not sure about the "sweetness".

JD1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2010
    KY

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    www.e-cigarette-forum.com
    Hi, been vaping since April 2015, at first I really enjoy'd sweet flavors, vanilla, apple, Banana, etc..... Since then sweet flavors are dissatisfying to me, so I try pg only, then vg only, still sweet flavor base. I order menthol tabacco and to my surprise, sweet flavor taste like mint. Now I've realized, analog's I smoked did not have any sweet flavoring, I enjoyed menthol tobacco. I enjoy Koolada flavoring, cool throat hit, now I just need to find pure tobacco. The sweetness in flavors, is discouraging me to try analogs. Please help, before I poison myself with analogs again.

Any idea's for a non sweet menthol tobacco flavor or pure tobacco ?

Anyone know why all E juice/flavors are sweet ?
    Thanks

A mix more on the PG side will not be as sweet as one with more VG. Tobacco choice is also important. Ashier tobaccos such as inawera's s-camel or Hangsen red USA are less sweet and more analog cigarette tasting. Adding some virginia tobacco absolute will really bring out that sought after true tobacco taste. You should read through this thread it will give you all sorts of tobacco ideas.

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only | E-Cigarette Forum

sketchness

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Inawera burley is not sweet to me

Hansen elder captain is another dry tobacco to my buds

You could try some fa oak wood gives it a smoke/ash type taste. Or perhaps bitter wizard or malic acid in very small doses.

I would try a different pg. to me pg is nearly flavorless.

Arriss

Jun 24, 2015
    Central Tx
    A mix more on the PG side will not be as sweet as one with more VG. Tobacco choice is also important. Ashier tobaccos such as inawera's s-camel or Hangsen red USA are less sweet and more analog cigarette tasting. Adding some virginia tobacco absolute will really bring out that sought after true tobacco taste. You should read through this thread it will give you all sorts of tobacco ideas.

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only | E-Cigarette Forum

Hi Danny, thanks for assistance/info. I've tried everything, even pg only, still taste sweet. I'm beginning to believe not all online vendors products are created equal. I purchased some store juice recently, wasn't sweet at all, taste like banana, strawberry, etc..... Even tobacco flavor taste like tobacco, so if pg/vg is sweet to begin with, then adding sweet flavors makes juice very sweet. It's like I'm vaping sugar syrup. I may go back to Wizard labs, cause I didn't complain of sweetness, till I tried other online vendors. Other's don't appear to have some complication, reason additional sweetner is added. So, at the moment I'm clueless, guess I'll put diy to the side for now, purchase store juice.

Arriss

Jun 24, 2015
    Central Tx
    VG by itself tastes pretty sweet. even mixed 50/50 with PG, the sweetness is still pretty noticeable. Maybe try try a high PG mix?
    Thanks friend, but store purchased 50/50 juice doesn't taste like sugar syrup, wish I can send a sample of my juice to someone to try out, they'll notice how sweet the juice is, even pg alone is very sweet.

Arriss

Jun 24, 2015
    Central Tx
    Inawera burley is not sweet to me

Hansen elder captain is another dry tobacco to my buds

You could try some fa oak wood gives it a smoke/ash type taste. Or perhaps bitter wizard or malic acid in very small doses.

I would try a different pg. to me pg is nearly flavorless.
    Thanks friend, once I figure out the sweetness issue, I'll give your suggestions a try.

mhertz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 7, 2014
    Denmark
    You just need to try other flavors... The base by itself is sweet, and pg by itself is most defenetelly also sweet. Anyone that says pg isn't sweet, then they should try to taste some on a spoon... (When vaped, the sweetness of pg is easilly identified by doing a long direct lung inhale and not small mtl puffs... That applies for all flavor notes imho...).

Anyway, I know that it looks like that "when the base in itself allready is so damn sweet, then adding flavors would defenetelly make the sweetness go insane", but that's simply not the case, and I have witnessed it many times, even with simple inawera fruit flavors...

Edit: ... And as stated in that other thread of yours, then no-nic will defenetelly not help either... :)

Edit2: This shouldn't really be the issue, but personally I find some attys give a more sweeter vape foreward than others... I dunno if it's the airflow or chamber specs that differentiates this though...

tierrataz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    soCal
    Long ago, BJ43 had a thread on just tobacco. Two pearls were found that I remember as my taste is similar. Both Hansen: Ry1 & Indian. I did find the Ry1 to be sweet & much too nutty, but the Indian was spot on. It is an earthy tobacco.

I perceive sweet from most tobacco concentrates. Usually as a molasses note. I find that pretty disgusting in my vape. I wish you luck as its a rough journey when your taste goes against the flow. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread