Hells Gate Battery advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny_uk5

Aug 22, 2015
Hello all,

I've just bought myself a hells gate mod and I'm wondering about the batterys I have and weather they're good for the box or not.

I have a set of 18650 3.7v 5000mah, will these be ok for the mod or shall I get new ones? They're brand new and I were using them for my old VTR Itaste.

I'm also wondering if I can do away with the rda's and use my Tibet or two of them instead?

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
No, if I remember correctly the Hells Gate uses two atomizers on it?? I'd suggest at minimum Samsung 25R batteries for it, LG HE2/HE4, they are all 2500mah, but also rated at 20amp Continuous Discharge Rate, then at the top of the scale are the Sony VTC4 (2100mah 30amp CDR) and the LG HB6 (1500mah and 30CDR). With safer batteries, these are all IMR or Hybrid INR batteries, those 5000mah batteries sound like they are ICR which are very bad if they violently go poof being max between 5amp or 10amp CDR. with that hells gate you'll need all the CDR you can afford for safety reasons.

RTDVapor
Orbtronics
Illumnation Supply

will be your best place for price and authentic batteries.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a set of 18650 3.7v 5000mah, will these be ok for the mod or shall I get new ones? They're brand new and I were using them for my old VTR Itaste.

Danny, what make and model of batteries do you have? There are no 5,000 mAh 18650s that are safe to vape that I know of.

The VTR Itaste is a low power regulated mod. The new one is a mechanical mod and can pull way more amps if you build low resistance setups, specially with two RDAs on it. It has short protection in it. Do you know at what resistance that will kick in at? Also, what is the lowest resistance per RDA you plan to put on it?

Reactions: djsvapour

Danny_uk5

Aug 22, 2015
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I'm getting the same advice from Reddit. I think I'll get them and put them into a a battery bin as early as I can. Is there a link I could follow to get the best possible batteries around ? And thank you to all who've piteched in, I nearly blew myself up by the sounds of it....

In reply to the person at top - It's a dual RDA monster! Hells Gate MOD | Cloud Chasers | Twin / Dual Coil RDA -

It appears I can't link the site I'm buying it from which would be totalliy wicked uk

Picture of the batterys, I guess it's kinda redunant now but here you are: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Edit 3... It appears even imgur is blocked so - If you search for Dark_light_uk on reddit there's a post with a link of the batterys. I'm sorry this is so hard but I think it's the sites spam protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: djsvapour

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US

I'm getting the same advice from Reddit. I think I'll get them and put them into a a battery bin as early as I can. Is there a link I could follow to get the best possible batteries around ? And thank you to all who've piteched in, I nearly blew myself up by the sounds of it....

In reply to the person at top - It's a dual RDA monster! Hells Gate MOD | Cloud Chasers | Twin / Dual Coil RDA -

It appears I can't link the site I'm buying it from which would be totalliy wicked uk

Picture of the batterys, I guess it's kinda redunant now but here you are: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Edit 3... It appears even imgur is blocked so - If you search for Dark_light_uk on reddit there's a post with a link of the batterys. I'm sorry this is so hard but I think it's the sites spam protection.

Yeah, that's what I remembered, seen them, just not interested in one personally. But dual RDA config I'd lean toward the Sony VTC4's or LG HB6's for that monster being a mech and all.

Reactions: Danny_uk5

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

I'm getting the same advice from Reddit. I think I'll get them and put them into a a battery bin as early as I can. Is there a link I could follow to get the best possible batteries around ? And thank you to all who've piteched in, I nearly blew myself up by the sounds of it...

There's no real best battery for all setups. There are some darn good ones that can cover just about anything...the LG HB6 and Sony VTC4 that @IMFire3605 mentioned. But these are low-capacity batteries and if you're drawing 20A or less from them there are better choices that give you a lot more time between recharging. The 2500mAh Samsung 25R is great at around 20A and the 3000mAh LG HG2 is fantastic for up to 20A.

I put together a table of the batteries I have tested that can help in selecting a safe battery, depending on how much current you're drawing from them. Perhaps it can help you narrow down your choices:

18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Danny_uk5
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread