Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
Actually, ENAUD taught me this trick, you don't have to unscrew the base from the P3 when refilling. Just unscrew the base and P3 from tank as one unit keeping the base attached to P3.

I tried that....but I got fat fingers...didnt end well...lol

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
Btw, took me 6 hours of chain vaping like a fiend to go through a Kabuki tank. Getting another with SS replacement from ProVape. I posted more of my reasoning in the Saloon and am already in danger of double posting... Basically boils down to P3 threading sturdiness when dropped...

I dont own a P3 yet was gonna buy one but had the chance to get a Zen sidewider and jumped on it. I never had a 510 snap off but when my Nautilis tanks would take a tumble, the tank body would aways pop off the base. I am not a fan of anything press-fit. At some point I will more than likely get a Kabuki in 510 just because all my friends use 510s.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Anyone got cleaning tips for the P3 Kabuki? Especially when changing flavors. Rinse with warm water and air dry? Soak in grain alcohol and air dry? Want to use again right away, don't need to worry about air drying so much?
Yes...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
"Ooh, it's cold gin time again
You know it'll always win
Cold gin time again
You know it's the only thing
That keeps us together, ow"

I just had a flashback. New Year's Eve, 1975(6?), Madison Square Garden...

That's about as much as I can recall.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Anyone got cleaning tips for the P3 Kabuki? Especially when changing flavors. Rinse with warm water and air dry? Soak in grain alcohol and air dry? Want to use again right away, don't need to worry about air drying so much?
Disassemble (Number Johnny 5 shivers at that word), rinse under hot water, dry with a paper towel. Should take you 5 minutes.
It's steel and glass...it don't need to be anointed in grain alcohol! What is this madness? That's a waste of grain alcohol!

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
OK, Zen won. I bought one Kabuki for a P3 in P3 threading, used it a week, then bought another one for my second regular P3. Funny the new one has a 1.6ohm coil which shows up as 1.7, while the other unit has a 1.8 that indicates 1.7. Both units are set to 7.8 watts using 50/50. This produces excellent flavor, IMHO, without so much vapor that it fills my little car (see avatar) to the point where I cannot see out. For my comfort I found the Althea mouthpiece works better than the standard Gertrud, as I like a little more distance away from the tank than the Gertrud provides. I find that two of these last me a normal business day from the time I leave home until I get back. Oh, and I am using the P3s in 18350 mode with AW batteries. Since the spring on the P3 is so tight, a bottom cap and spring from a ProVari 2.5 or Mini works great.

Both of my ProVari P3s are just the standard black versions. Would I notice a weight difference in 18350 mode using a P3 in titanium? Unless I'm using one, they usually stay in my carry-around bag where a few ounces here or there make no difference. But when I do carry one in my pants pocket, would I notice the difference? In other words, is another $500 to Mr/Ms ProVape worth the extra weight difference between the regular P3 and the Ti P3?

I do need to find a back up. I used to carry a Joyetech eGo unit, but I'm trying to get away from mods with built-in batteries. I'm thinking of a ProVari Mini and a Nautilus Mini with a metal tank for a backup. Thoughts?

I hope Zen sees this post. For outside use at night while sitting on the patio having a drink, I'm using a P3 stealth non-Ti with a black Kanger Subtank Mini base and black plastic bell cap. A Kabuki in black or very dark grey with a matching metal tank would be wonderful.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
JUMA, first off, congrats on your new Kabukis. You're definitely among a group that for the most part LOVES this little Zen creation.

I was not crazy bout Gertrude either. Both of my Gertrudes reside in a drawer now, but I sure wouldn't mind owning an Ionizer mini (black, GM).

We'll have to wait for Data Guy to come back in here to give you accurate figures, but I have Provi Minis and one happens to be the Ti. It is definitely (noticeably) lighter. (In usage, not carrying, as you said) And the fact that you would also be reducing the batt size, I would expect it to treat your pants pockets with a little more gentleness. In addition to that, the Ti is welp...... just glorious in every respect.

I normally run Naughties on some of my Provis (the others have Kabukis on them), and I find it to be an ideal set up for me. I see no reason why it would not be declared either an excellent primary set up, or a back up. The metal tank is great for protection of course, but would add just a titch of weight. DPL uses the metal tanks, and I know that he loves them. They work for him as he has been officially declared as a glass-unfriendly person. ;)

If you want to call Zen in here, simply use the @ sign so that ECF sends him an alert. (@Zen~) And now there are least 3 of us who would love a black or GM Kabuki!!

Reactions: DPLongo22

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
The ProVari mini's that are left in the "Specials" page on Provapes site are the last of them...you really can't beat a brand new mini for 90$. I favor running in 18350 mode these days myself, and when out and about I don't carry extra batteries and tanks anymore, I just grab two fresh mods and go.

My Ti ProVari's ( I don't have a TI P3 yet) are noticeably lighter, it is actually surprising at first how light they are. I've got a messed up right shoulder and some days it pains me to lift a steel Provari up to vape, the Ti models are a savior to me on those days. Is the cost worth it? That depends on your situation, values, and budget. To me right now a Ti P3 is out of reach, but if they are still available a few months from now, that would be my next purchase from Provape :)

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Disassemble (Number Johnny 5 shivers at that word), rinse under hot water, dry with a paper towel. Should take you 5 minutes.
It's steel and glass...it don't need to be anointed in grain alcohol! What is this madness? That's a waste of grain alcohol!
Haven't seen you in like forever and a day. I'm glad you came in to give me that tidbit, thank you. But yeah, I think you are absolutely right. I only asked because when changing flavors, I always soaked the Nautilus parts in Everclear for a hour or two to avoid any flavor creep and would let dry a good 24. I plan on only having 2 Kabuki's though, one for home and one for mobility. Which, btw, I did order my second Kabuki and SS tank from ProVape this morning.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I turned 10 in '76 :p

15, me. :cool:

Congrats Juma and CG on your purchases! Regarding the weights, the short answer is "Yes", you will notice a difference. Details are (in ounces):

18350 mode: Ti, 3.4 / SS, 4.4
18650 mode: Ti, 4.8 / SS, 6.0

"SS" was used just as an example since any/all of that type are the same weight.

It might not sound like much difference, but it is. To hold it is to know it.

JJMQT

Aug 10, 2012
Michigan
I wanted to make a post to promote Zen and his outstanding tank and service. I ordered a Kabuki P3 from Provari and was having similar problems that ENAUD did with his Kabuki, where some of the coils were not contacting the center pin on my Provari.

I contacted Zen on August 20th and told him of this issue, he responded right away and informed me that he machined a new base and shipped it on August 21st.

On Monday August 24th I received the new base and every coil I've tried has worked 100%. The service was top notch, four days from reporting the problem to having a new base in hand, and that included a weekend.

Zen totally stood by the product and went above and beyond what I expected, very happy with my decision to purchase this amazing tank.

Kudos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread