Tell Your Vape Shop Stories good or bad !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Hello Fellow Vapers,

I enjoy vape shop stories good or bad and so wanted to start a thread where people

could tell a vape shop story good or bad.

I can start it out with a visit to a vape shop .

I went into this vape shop one day and I was offered these little plastic ce4 to try their flavors.

Upon trying 10 different flavors I was not impressed with any of them.

Salesperson said to me have you considered getting better equipment as though better equipment

would change the flavor of their juices.

I said I do squonking and they said what in the world is squonking.

Muddy41

Aug 28, 2015
Richfield MN
Looking to buy my first eCig I have gone to several shops in my area. There is one so that stand out over them all and that is ECig One Stop Vape Shop in Bloomington..

The guys there were very knowledgeable in all the different ones they carried, which was more than any other ship that I had visited. They basically had everything you would want to lookin at our buy.

Can't remember the name of the guy I worked with the most but he feed me with allot of info and never once pushed anything on me.. I had an idea of what I wanted to look at and he was able to review them all with me as well as telling me about others that fell into the same line I was looking at.

If you live in the Minneapolis MN are I would highly recommend this place over any others in Bloomington or Richfield which are the only 2 cities I ventured out to look so far.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Rome Vaporz the other night.

Huge shippment of stone driptips...........................

dt1.jpg

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
First vape shop I walked in lasted about 30 seconds. Wasn't my style. Second was a couple weeks ago at lunch. Opened up the door and a pleasant smell of strawberries and cream registered. It quick went to a stale smell which reminded of a stale smoky bar. 2 people including the employee was in. I bought a 50 dollar atm which I figured I would be spending more than I would online. The employee was nice enough and asked if I had any questions about using it. I asked how long they had been opened and it was around a year. Kinda surprised me because I have worked in the area for around 10 years and frequent the lunch places around it. I guess I just never noticed.

All and all it will probably be another 10 years before I go to another. I'll stick 10th online. Now if he served beer there, I would be there every Friday after work.

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This is about my first trip into a vape shop. I had never heard of vaping, nor had I thought of quitting smoking. I was standing outside the grocery store having a cigarette when I heard someone ask me "Have you ever considered quitting?" I told them I never thought about it for the near future but being dependent on them was becoming a hassle since to save on money I had switched to natives. They told me to finish my smoke and head on in to shop. I never knew there was a vape shop 5 shops away from the grocery store!! So I walked on in with a bit of interest, though albeit still not intent on quitting. They showed me all about vaping, the different batteries, tanks, juices. They told me about sub ohming, dripping. Ok .. now Im just confused. I told them I was weary, Ill come back tomorrow. "Wait! You havent tried any flavors yet." Tried flavors? A little unhygenic in my opinion. Out comes the rubber tips. Alright much better. My first taste was on a Vision Spinner 2 with a PT3 mini, and I tried a parade of flavors! However I didnt get the satisfaction as I did from a cigarette. He told me those have no nicotine and that they didnt sample nic flavors. Added to that I was a pack a day smoker, smoking without nicotine I wouldnt feel much at all. The owner was pretty cool and let me try his iStick 50 with a melo on it. 3 nic at 30watts was great. I ended up walking out with an iStick 30 and an Melo myself with 3 different juices at 3 and 6 nic. The next monday, I gave my last 2 packs to whoever wanted them at work and I have had maybe only 5 analogs since. If not for the owner stopping by the coffee shop next to the grocery store at that moment, I don't know if I would have quit yet.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I've had mostly good experiences.

The 1st time I stepped into a "vape shop" I had no idea what I was wanting or looking for outside of something better than the Cigalike I was trying to use. After asking how much my budget was the owner steered me towards some VV eGo type devices within my price range and then started asking me about how much analogs I used as well as if I had considered flavors. Flavors? She then steered me towards juices that would work well in the clearomizer I was purchasing. ~$50 poorer I left with a "kit" an extra tank and 15ml of juice. I think I've smoked 3 analogs after purchasing the kit. That was back in April. I should mention that while they have a "juice bar" the shop is fairly well ventilated and is usually not inhabited by a "cloud" jumble of different flavors.

While looking for an extra battery and maybe a larger capacity tank online is when it hit me - even though I had walked out of the store with a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling of the experience I found the 'kit' I had purchased online at 1/2 the price and juice sources for 1/3 (or less) than they were charging. I don't fault them for 'making a buck' and have tried to 'steer' some impulse purchases at their shop. With out their friendly assistance in picking out gear to start with, I don't know if I would of ever gotten off a 44yr analog habit.

The 2nd shop in my area is 1/2 analog and 1/2 vape. The two workers 'float' between counters. Well stocked and knowledgeable they offer suggestions based on what I'm looking for. This shop is also well ventilated and a recent purchase they offered to "build" the deck for me so I could try it out in the store.

Last but not least is the "pushy" shop. I stop by there as it is the closest to where I live and they are fairly well stocked. Someone pushy usually greets me at the door telling me "I need this" while blowing clouds of vapor in my face. While looking for a different drip-tip one sales person tried to talk me into a mech mod and dripper. Each time I go in there someone always greets me with the latest and greatest thing telling me what I need. I should also mention that the shop is poorly ventilated - almost like walking into a cloud bank. I've considered purchasing there before (impulse buy) however was shocked at their pricing. Over 100% markup of average online pricing.
    On my last visit (today) while looking for a Black Smok TF4 they told me that black ones are not available yet (I have one on order), they only had the partial kit (tank and 3 coil only), no single RBA and the duals are not available yet (I have 2x of both single and dual on order). While one chap was actually using one they could not get the only model in stock (the display model) apart. I left without spending any money and decided to wait for my online order.

I try to spend local and support the small businesses however some of them make it difficult to buy from.

Jugband

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2013
    PA, USA
    I've said in a million other threads I live in the town time forgot. Until recently we had no vape shops. I would always be jealous reading about people visiting the many in there areas. I dreamed of how great that would be! Low and behold...a vape shop finally opened in our tiny knock about town! I was beside myself! Finally! A real live vape shop! As soon as I got the chance I ran down. I went into the magical world that I had up until then only read about on ECF. I walked through the door, trusty Reo in hand. As I looked around the guy behind the counter glanced at me and remarked after seeing the setup in my hand, "You need a sub tank." :(
    That dream was short lived.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    I've bought a lot of gear, almost none of it in shops...lol
    But there are SO many bad experiences posted, that I'll take the time to give kudos to two shops that treated me well.

1) Needed cartos, urgently, and they'd already gone out of fashion. Stopped in [removed] ("vapour" because it's a vape shop in a bar!) in Sacramento. Two guys behind the counter, helping newbies, and TEACHING THEM how they'd use their new gear, letting them try a few setups, and ringing up a perfectly reasonable starter setup. One split away, asked if he could help me, and when I requested something REALLY ODD, said "I think i HAVE that somewhere" and went on a hunt. Came up with exactly what I wanted (Boge, low resistance, prepunched) and didn't gouge me.

2) Needed help drilling an atty airhole. Googled local vape shops, and lo and behold, [removed] in a photo on their homepage, I could see the drillpress in the background! The place was fogged up, with a small group of buddies blowing clouds, but behind the counter, dude was professional. He knew what my Reo was (then all the cloudchasers wanted to take a peek at it). Drilled the hole for me CAREFULLY, and WASHED it, and wouldn't charge me anything (so I bought a pricey drip tip).

I get that a lot of shops are run by people who shouldn't be running a shop (and probably won't be for long) - but if I need something they might have, I'll give a place a chance, and I've been lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

pbanj

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2015
    virginia, usa
    www.gotbrew.org
    I don't really go to the local shops as they all seem to have some issue. The one closet to me called roovapes one of the employees tries to push stuff on people. There is also a kid that works there and I'm pretty sure vapes(don't try to say well its better than smoking as the last thing vapers need to be doing is supporting kids vaping). It was me another guy at the counter the dude behind the counter and the kid. The kid walked up from sitting on a bench and put a mod on the counter it vapor coming out like it had been hit. So I don't go there anymore. Their prices are kind of high.

Second shop near me is the first one I went to its called vapin in the vally. The people that work there now are pretty cool but they over charge for ejuice so the only time I go there is if I am waiting for juice to come in the mail. They use to have a douche bag working there but they fired him so I don't count that against them.

The third is called Mr. Nice guys. Their ejuice prices are pretty good and the flavors are pretty good. The issue is the guy closes whenever he feels like it and will just not open when he feels like it. Makes buying from them a bit of a hassle.

Because of that I just stick with online when it comes to buying.

Reactions: thetrucker

makuto

ECF Veteran
    Jul 30, 2014
    Santo Domingo, DR
    Ok so I live in a country that vaping is super new. SO there aren't a lot of shops around at a time there was only 1 shop. I decide to head there to get me some juice and cotton. So I was fairly new to vaping and still needed a lot of nicotine to fight the urges. I had an Stillare V2 RDA with an Stingray X mod and I asked for a 24mg nicoting bottle and everyone in the store started laughing. I was like I dont understand I dont care about clouds, I just wanted to quit smoking and that was my nic supply. So I decided IM never going back to that store and now theyre having issues because ppl dont want to go there because of the way they treat ppl. I am not the only one who has been laughed there and I think they're going out of business. Good thing that now there are like 5 stores to choose from.

Broodmance

ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2015
    Houston
    Worst Vape shop was my first. I didn't realize the guy sucked intialy because it wasn't a horrible experience. I went to him several times and he was helpful and knowledgeable. Then I was having issues and needed new coils so I went to a shop I had seen on my home from work. Was worried shop had already been shut down since there wasn't an open sign. Wasn't the case. He just hadn't been open for even a week and was waiting for his open sign still and his inventory was still somewhat low. He had the coils I needed and when he rang me up he asked for just above internet pricing. I was shocked because the guy I was going to wanted nearly twice as much for a pack. So glad I found my new guy. He doesn't try to rip people off and checks internet prices and tries to keep things as close to possible. I don't go by his shop much these days since I don't really need hardware and I make my own juice but I do stop by hang out and bull.... with him and help new customers that come in here and there. Will buy my favorite juice that I haven't been able to clone too once in awhile as well.

Found out later that the shop I hate tried to pass off clones as authentic too. So all the more reason I'm glad I boycott his store

Jace75

ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2015
    Last week I was told that my local shop would not stock suicide bunny e juice because it gives you cancer. The other one has just said that he won't do temp control because nickel gives of a gas wich is very very dangerous I've heard of this but I thought you had to be at so many thousands degrees wich is not something any of my mods are capable of. The first shop really ...... me off I directed her to pip the bunny's YouTube video and to investigate her bs more thoroughly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread