GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #106 ...for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
8/29
I'm sorry for those that were affected by Katrina, but at the time I really didn't pay much attention to it, since that was the week that my father passed away in the hospital.
Aw Count,I can't like that post, but I'm sorry. I know it's been a while, but we never really get over missing them do we? It was 6 years earlier this month that I lost my mom and I still miss her every day!

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
8/29

Aw Count,I can't like that post, but I'm sorry. I know it's been a while, but we never really get over missing them do we? It was 6 years earlier this month that I lost my mom and I still miss her every day!

7 years here, and miss my Mom greatly, blue energy; concerned for you

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
8/29 #4
Thank you, Angel. Dwelling on it is sad, but often it will be one of those things where a random memory of them will pop into your head.

images

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
8/29 #4

I just finished watching Southpaw, what a tear jerker! :cry:

Then, I come on here and see crazy devastion and read of loss...Angel / Count / Tiggs - (((Group Hug)))

Now, I really must watch something a little more upbeat; Whiplash. ;)

:tumble:

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
8/29
5. I know just what you mean Tiggs and Count...it usually will just happen to me out of the blue, like hearing a song on the radio that she liked...but now a days I usually just smile whenever that happens and think about how she'd sing along with it, and how horrible she was at it and then I just laugh!

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
8/29
5. I know just what you mean Tiggs and Count...it usually will just happen to me out of the blue, like hearing a song on the radio that she liked...but now a days I usually just smile whenever that happens and think about how she'd sing along with it, and how horrible she was at it and then I just laugh!

If I could figure it out, I would post a video of my mother singing, the last time I saw her. @liblue1 you are doing well... I feel it.

jpf880

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
oHIo
8/29

Congrats Fuzzy!

Thank You Glassmanoak for giving Us a place to share and call home for another week! Thanks for another great contest!
Thank You Uncle for keeping us in line.

My father passed 30 years ago this past January. This time of year I think of him often, when I was in midget league football he was at everyone of my practices and games, as I got older and played in Jr high and high school he never missed one of my games. Football season and in January is when I miss him the most. Here I am at work taking tearing up in the back room taking a vape break.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
8/29
6. Mac, no you haven't missed anything on that "other" thread...just a lot of nonsense really.

Well had a good dinner, some homemade soup and chicken salad...was delicious...now to go chill for a while and watch some TV...actually watching Count's game right now!

G'night Treefam!

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
8/29
6. Mac, no you haven't missed anything on that "other" thread...just a lot of nonsense really.

8/29

Thanks. Was about 120 pages behind when I started. It's grown another 15 or so. I'm about 60 behind right now - spotted a few interesting posts so far.

41.jpg

Reactions: angelphyre

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
8/29 #5

Mac - I don't even bother. I've tried in the past, but there's no way to stay caught up. In the time it takes to post one reply, 1 or more pages can go by! :shock:

Watching the last half of Whiplash now. I took a break, half way through, to read some DIY threads. ;)

Last edited:

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
8/29 #4 (long rule).............
Like I said if the power does go out I will not be able to stay on.............and with the drought conditions I am sure the trees will be falling over like toothpicks around here.............
vil-vent.gif

..this is scaring kitty...will be relieved to hear u are alright.

8/29
2. So today is the 10 year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina... To this day we are still rebuilding here. Yes we are coming back, but is has been a long, slow process for many!

I heard a snippet on the radio..not sure of the venue..the speaker was referencing 10 yr since Hurricane Katrina..when someone in the audience yelled out ,"We still need help!". Heartbreaking.

@angelphyre..that's a really gorgeous picture!. Love the colors.

Goodnight everyone...seems like a fitting time for this song:

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well I survived the first wave of wind without incident............but now the thunder storms begin till tomorrow night....so I will have to see if it's safe to log on in the morning.....good night Treefam.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread