Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
The GS clearos all have about the same air flow. I'll start with the two I use most: the M and MS are pretty restrictive compared to the Subtank. If you own a Subtank Nano or the first gen Subtank Mini, the GS Air MS and M with the AFC ring wide open provides airflow comparable to the Nano/Mini set somewhere between the smallest and middle settings. It'll certainly allow direct to lung hits, but nothing in the way of how the Subtank does. The original GS Air is about the same (MAYBE a bit more restrictive), but is adjusted with a tiny screw instead of a ring. It whistles a bit more, too. The GS tank provides the same airflow, maybe a TEENY bit more, but is the quietest of the four tanks.

Compared to the Aerotank, the GS tanks provide a decent bit more air flow. It's certainly noticeable, but nothing massive or terribly noteworthy.

With the TC coils, it all depends on how you vape now. I tend to vape at higher wattage settings (20ish watts with the GS Air coils and 40+ with my Subtanks, both with kanthal coils) and settle in around the mid 400 degree to 500 degree mark with the GS temp control coils. With the Subtank, I go all out and hit the mid 500 degree mark to as high as 600 if I'm feeling rowdy. But keep in mind that I like a good and warm, dense, wet vapor. You may not. If you like a cooler vape or typically vape at low power levels, you'll likely need to adjust accordingly. That's all going to come down to trial and error and personal preference for you. The TC40W certainly makes it easier for a beginning temp control vaper, though, as all you need to do is adjust the temp cutoff... the mod automatically maxes to 40 watts and can't be adjusted. Nice and simple.

Incidentally, if you dig the iStick Mini, consider the updated Mini. Eleaf/MyVapors/iSmoka/whatever-powers-that-be released a 20 watt version of the device. It's all but identical but now supports up to 5.5 volts in voltage mode with a 20 watt cutoff. It also offers a real, no-kidding wattage regulated mode that supports 8.0 to 20.0 watts in 0.5 watt increments. All for the same price. Great battery for the teeny GS Air MS, especially with the newer 1.2 ohm coils... just sayin'; not trying to promote shinyitis or anything. ;)
Thank you for the detailed post! I'm getting by with the Aerotank at a whopping 4.3 volts. I ran my Subtank at 20-30 watts and anywhere between .5-2.0 ohms depending on the build with the RBA. I guess I'm a mid power vaper. I also use my a Mutation V3 on a mech to satisfy weird cravings.

I'd love to add the new 20 watt , but I just dropped about 50$ on the TC setup with mod, tank, and coils. Is probably better not ask my accountant for anymore stuff for a while.:D

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
the Kanger bcc lives on…
just lately I noticed that Kanger now builds and offers
their bcc’s in Cotton (how cool is that)

- Kanger T3S Coils TOCC Organic Cotton - Kanger Coils - Kangertech - Clearomizers Tanks
- Kanger T3S & MT3S Single Coils - Kanger Coils - Kangertech - Clearomizers Tanks

and if your wife likes MT3S, bet she would really like these (RBC)
I have a bucket full (go nuts when I see them on sale)
they are just EXCELLENT little tanks (and dirt cheap !)

- Smoktech RBC single coil eGo tanks
- RBC Glossy Clearomizers | Madvapes

:thumb:
Do you know if the new coils last any longer than the old ones? The coil she has now is about 21 months old. I think that's pretty fair. I don't like the idea of havin to buy coils. Thanks for your post.

Canno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
SE Tennessee, USA
It may be a little more that that. Not by much though. My old 20 watt lasted as long I think. I kinda wish I had waited and asked questions like you guys. The price was so good though it made me jump.

I know it won't get me a full day. That's why I like the 50 so well. But I was thinking of the smaller size.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
It may be a little more that that. Not by much though. My old 20 watt lasted as long I think. I kinda wish I had waited and asked questions like you guys. The price was so good though it made me jump.
The 40 is probably the first mod I was curious about that I didn't jump on. I've changed my ways. :) I am curious about the Asolo though, but not gonna bite..... yet.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
The 40 is probably the first mod I was curious about that I didn't jump on. I've changed my ways. :) I am curious about the Asolo though, but not gonna bite..... yet.
Same here...not that interested in TC, but the price point is good. I'll watch for a while yet.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
If someone doesn't show an interest in mine, I may consider moddiing it to a single 18650. Asolo? I'll have to look.
I think this is still live and you can get a $10 gift certificate for participating. I did. Plus they have a $5 coupon you can use on the site as well.
200W Asolo TC Box Mod by Heaven Gifts | E-Cigarette Forum
It says ends the 24th but they posted another invitation to it yesterday

Canno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
SE Tennessee, USA
Does the 1.2's have the slots on the sides of the coil body like the 1.5's do?
Yes, but the shell doesn't pop off like the 1.5. The "manhole" cover (Cheech I think called it) comes off. I think you pretty much have to build it back vertical.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Yes, but the shell doesn't pop off like the 1.5. The "manhole" cover (Cheech I think called it) comes off. I think you pretty much have to build it back vertical.
Ok thanks! I don't have any of the 1.2's to rebuild but was wondering. I have waaaayy too many of the 1.5's to use and rebuild to justify buying the new ones.

Canno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
SE Tennessee, USA
I don't have any of the 1.5s and have no experience at all with them. I can't compare. I need to order some nichrome wire for rebuilding though. Might even eventually try TC on my Lemo II if I also order some Nickel. I guess I should at least try the TC coils in the GS Tank though before even considering that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread