looking for suggestions/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desirae

Aug 30, 2015
search
search
I am still a bit new to the box mods, I am using an evic VT. I love it, but I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on different atomizers. I haven't gotten into building my own coils or anything like that yet. I'm looking for a prebuilt atomizer that I can put a prebuilt coil in, add juice and vape. I don't know the difference between rda, RTA and RBA atomizers. I added a photo of the type of atomizer I'm looking for. I love the look of these and they don't stick up as high as the one I'm currently using. Thank you all in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-29-22-30-28.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-29-22-30-28.png
    288.3 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: dcfluegel

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
howdy - and welcome!

the picture is a Mutation X RDA (rebuildable deck atomizer) - not sure which version though - maybe the v4?

you can buy prebuilt coils, install them, wick it up and add juice - and the learning curve is not bad - but you will also want to have an ohm reader just to be on the safe side (your mod will read ohms too, but an ohm reader will do it without firing the coil at all - perhaps not 'necessary' but a good thing to have)

in addition to coils (and the prebuilt ones are available at a lot of places) you will also need wicking (lots of options available there - i tend to use cotton bacon in my rda's, and koh gen do (pad) cotton in my tanks, but that is just personal preference)

you're in the right place - I am betting you will be seeing a number of replies on this - and keep in mind, everyone has their own preference, key is finding what works for you :)

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I'm not familiar with drippers lol. As I said I'm kinda new to it all. I've been trying to do some research but there are so many different kind of atomizers out there, rebuild able this and that. It gets a bit confusing.
What are you using right now on your eVic VT?

Reactions: dcfluegel

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
i am hoping @Susan~S will pop in with her awesome starter kit of links... couple of quick items RBA is rebuildable atomizer (general term for all rebuildables)... RDA is Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer or Rebuildable Deck Atomizer (depending on who you ask - specifically, this is a dripper atomizer - you drip juice directly on the coil/ wicking)... RTA is rebuildable tank atomizer (tank with a rebuildable coil section as opposed to just replaceable store-bought coil heads)... with your evic, did you get a tank, for example?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
i am hoping @Susan~S will pop in with her awesome starter kit of links

RBA: ReBuildable Atomizer (drippers or tanks)
RDA: Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (no tank)
RTA: Rebuildable Tank Atomizer
RDTA: Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer
BF RDA: Bottom Feeding Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

Vaping Slang and Acronyms

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
Thank you for the quick replys. I'm not familiar with drippers lol. As I said I'm kinda new to it all. I've been trying to do some research but there are so many different kind of atomizers out there, rebuild able this and that. It gets a bit confusing.
Don't let rebuildable items overwhelm you, do you think you can wrap a wire around a round object? If yes then rebuilding is quite easy. If you want something you can just screw in a prebuilt coil into a tank there's nothing wrong with that also. Abuse youtube to help you research.

Desirae

Aug 30, 2015
I am using the tank that came with it which is the ego one mega tank. I definitely don't want to get into dripping, so no drippers. I have researched that a bit and it just seems inconvenient to have to constantly refill the wick and carry around a bottle of juice. I like to fill my tank and be able to vape all day without having to refill. I'm not a chain vapor lol. I also did a little research on wrapping coils and it was pretty simple. I think I could get the hang of it if I actually had a tank and practiced a bit. But that's where I'm stuck. I don't wanna switch mods as I really love the evic but I'm not sure which tanks (I'm not sure if that's the right word for them lol) will fit my evic. I've tried Google and YouTube but I just can't seem to find anything saying which tanks will fit. I wouldn't mind having to wrap my own coil and wicking it myself. But past that will just be too complicated right now. Thank you all for your help

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
I'm looking into different tanks and eventually want to get into rebuilding and such. Wrapping my own coil, wicking them etc.
pretty much any tank with a 510 connector will fit your evic - one of the better starter tanks, in my opinion is the Kanger subtank (probably want the mini for that mod, for aesthetics) - lots of versatility (has 1.5ohm, 1.2ohm, and .5ohm prebuilt coils as well as an rba deck that comes with it), good airflow, and pretty reliable overall - would suggest if you go this route, make sure you get the version 2, with the vertical coils, improved airflow, and improved rba deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread