My expierence with the Velocity RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
The velocity looks really nice! I was looking at it because of the bf pin you can get. Question, though. Is it leaky? On both the Reo and the ipv3 pic, I see juice leaking out of the side air holes.

Btw, that Clapton looks nice! I wrapped a fused Clapton using parallel 28g. Vapes really nice, but I don't think I'd do it again because of the amount of effort it took for me to build the wire.

I'm getting leaking from dripping, this is my first ever dripping experience and let me tell you. It's annoying. I'm using an ipv3 right now with the velocity. Want to pick one up for the Reo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blackboar

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
So I have to preface this with: I do like to see tools so well worn/used, it gives them a look of being loved...but are your pockets lined with abrasives? Are your hands made of sandpaper? How did you wear off such a durable finish? :confused: Cheers though! I hope mine look like that someday!
My reo has gone through at least 4 different finishes. I used to be a copper vein. It's on its way to being fully polished and possible etched with a gloss black top and door. My adhd kicks in hard, I can never leave good enough alone.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
So I did a build on the RM8, boy was it tough to fit all that in there. Seems like ramp is 3 seconds delayed from my 5 second pulses.

It's 0.27Ω, did a single coil. Real hot vape. 26g/32g fused clapton 5 wraps and 6 wraps of 26g kanthal @ 2.5mm ID. Used an ohm calculator for 3 strand 26g parallel builds, thought it would come out closer to 0.45Ω

Last edited:
Reactions: ed101z

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
So I have to preface this with: I do like to see tools so well worn/used, it gives them a look of being loved...but are your pockets lined with abrasives? Are your hands made of sandpaper? How did you wear off such a durable finish? :confused: Cheers though! I hope mine look like that someday!

The finish is not that durable if you use it every single day for 3 years approximately 10hrs+ a day. Natural greases in the hand break down the anodizing. I give credit to Rob, even though the finish wears, the mod keeps giving love if you show it love.

Last edited:

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
Thanks on the build comments. Went back to a 26g micro coil and I've gotten better at even doing those. I'm thinking of getting 2 more. 1 mini and 1 black one. The black will go on my ipv3, and the 2 ss will go on Reo. I'm really liking this RDA a lot and don't mind the size since the dripper exclusively sits at home.

Ran out of 32g kanthal in less than a month trying all these new builds. Picked up a bunch more wire and found a cool spool management system as well. Will have to link you that.

Got a cthulhumods rta v2 coming in soon as well.
Gonna try building vertical coils too since I've been having top cap clearance issues and spitting. I hate rdas spitting.

Irish Messing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2014
GA, USA
Picked up a bunch more wire and found a cool spool management system as well. Will have to link you that.

Please do! I need something; all these spools seems like they're reproducing! It drives me insane when I flub securing the wire and it springs out all over the place...

Reactions: camerajunkie

Un5tab1e

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
United States
Got an ivogovap velocity today. The center pin was a ..... to switch out. Some threading and some pressing. I've noticed when the topcap is on the mod and in the correct position (there's a tab that it will fall in to stop it from turning on the deck) the main airholes are a little off centered of where the coils are. This really isn't an issue though because this thing draws some massive air. 6 wrap 24g kanthal duals at .3 ohms with the air wide open is a really good vape for a 20 dollar atty. It's also a pretty well built clone.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread