• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My Noob DIY... Need help on some creation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
Okay I've been vaping for 5 days now...
Using a subox mini and been playing around with my rba... Made thousands mistake until I am very comfortable with changing coil/wick... So now I don't have to worry sourcing for OOC... IMHO, RBA really is better then OOC... But sometimes the 1.5ohm seems to taste better... Guess I need more testing to see which one is more to my liking...

Okay that's the intro of what I have been doing, back to the topic.

I just got some VG(BP grade from guardian) and raspberry essence (Bake King)...
It taste... like nothing. I tried 80%VG 20% Essence, 70% 30% and even 66% 33%... Doesn't have much taste...
Wanna know what am i doing wrong... Because I know somewhere is wrong... I am someone who love to learn by making mistake haha...

My thoughts was, maybe I could add PG to it so the taste would be stronger?
Or add some menthol to it so it taste more like ciggs?
Or add sweetener to it...
These are my best bets now... and I currently have no idea where to get these... Cold storage doesn't have such flavours...

Do I need to order these online?
Please spam me with suggestion or PM me some places where I could get the ingredients...

Thanks!!!

Reactions: SSBR

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I just got some VG(BP grade from guardian) and raspberry essence (Bake King)...
It taste... like nothing. I tried 80%VG 20% Essence, 70% 30% and even 66% 33%... Doesn't have much taste...
Wanna know what am i doing wrong... Because I know somewhere is wrong... I am someone who love to learn by making mistake haha...
Sometimes when you add too much flavoring you end up with a juice that does not have much taste. Try mixing a small batch (5mls) of 5% and another of 10% and let them age a bit. Then try vaping them.

Play around with the %'s until you find a %'s that works well for you.

The DIY E-Liquid Forum is a great place to visit/post when you have DIY questions that do not solely relate to vaping in SG.

Last edited:

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
Sometimes when you add too much flavoring you end up with a juice that does not have much taste. Try mixing a small batch (5mls) of 5% and another of 10% and let them age a bit. Then try vaping them.

Play around with the %'s until you find a %'s that works well for you.

The DIY E-Liquid Forum is a great place to visit/post when you have DIY questions that do not solely relate to vaping in SG.
Haha yea i tried to work my way up... but still doesnt taste much

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
Can you get Flavour Arts (FA), The Flavor Apprentice (TFA), Cappella (CAP) or other more well known flavoring companies flavorings locally or in JB?
just ordered menthol and sweetener from TFA... along with some 5 10 and 30ml bottle, kanthal wire, VG and PG...

hopefully with the sweetener and PG added I could get a flavour closer to my liking :D

and after playing with RBA for a week... i tried to use the coil they gave (i forgot OCC or OOC?), i can't believe how big the difference is man! haha RBA rocks! i still burn my wick very often... slowly slowly using thinner cotton now... haha

Reactions: Susan~S

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
@Jojo1991, below is the information I often give to members new to DIY.
Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.
DIY Recipe Sites

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojo1991
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread