Aqua SE by Footoon (authentic): 2.5ml; PC+Stainless; Air/Juice control

Status
Not open for further replies.

h418982

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
Des Moines IA
I know this thread has been dead for a while but has anyone that used an SE make a comparison to the squape reloaded? I want to get another rta and love my squape so I am trying to decided between this and another squape. The price point is definitely a plus but the juice capacity is a big negative for me.

Riku

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2015
Chicago
The squape r and aqua se are the only tanks I use when I'm not dripping. Love em both the aqua is nice and small and has phenomenal flavor and relatively easy to build even tho it's a small deck, def not as easy as the squape tho. The 2ml tank size is kinda annoying cuz you eat through juice so fast with dual coils in this tank so I constantly find myself checking the juice level where as my squape with 5mls on top of a single coil I tend to just toss it in my work bag and forget about it maybe fill it twice a week. Still tho I love the top fill can be leaky tho if your wicking is not quite right or you have a high pg juice. Another thing about the aqua I had it on my rdna40 dropped it on the ground and the gold plated 510 adapter snapped at the bottom threads. Currently have an oem v2 adapter on it tho works fine. Plus there's always hybrid mode if you got the right mod.

Gotta say though if I were to buy another rta today it would be another aqua se. Great atomizer.

Reactions: mantos

mantos

Aug 27, 2014
Greece
I own the aqua SE for about 2 weeks.

I tried a single coil ni200 build at first. It was OK, but the cotton which has to be used
at the place of the 2nd coil, moved away form its place all the time (screw-unscrew to refill), so i got overflow.
Maybe my cotton setup wasn't so good at the empty coil place.

I want to try a dual ni200 build, but cannot see the reason why.

Since my 1st ni200 build, I've been using it with dual coild (0.4mm kanthal a1 (26gauge) @ 0.5Ω)
with outstanding flavor & vapor production.

Even with the ss tank on, u can understand when it needs to be refilled.

Top notch little atty. :thumb::thumb:

It would be perfect if it had a pyrex tank, cause some of my juices are suspicious tank crackers (like derailed & snakebites)
& i like to see the level of the juice inside the tank. Not a big fan of ss tanks in general.
Other than that, i can live with the 2.5ml capacity.

It's a good buy at that price :thumbs:

Reactions: Mtek

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
My SE is my favourite atty. I really need to buy a second one. I have loads of v2 clones but I always prefer the SE. Partly because as it's not a clone, it's just a bit better quality/more reliable than the clones. But mostly because of the top fill.

I thought at first I would really dislike the reduction in capacity, but in fact I find I don't care. I find I would rather have 2.5ml capacity with top fill, than 4ml without. And I do think the flavour in the SE can be slightly better even than the v2 (or at least, than my v2 clones.)

As for TC - I exclusively do TC builds in all my devices, including v2 clones and SE genuine. Works perfectly. The Aquas have a nice simple design, with a short positive path from the 510 through to the positive pin, all in copper/brass. There's very little to go wrong, very little that could give unreliable resistance.

I still haven't got a Squape, I hope to get one sometime, so I can't compare there. But overall the SE is an awesome atty for most any use and highly recommended.

daviestar

Verified Member
May 26, 2014
United Kingdom
I recently got an Aqua V2 clone to try out, as getting a little bored with my legit KFL's poor airflow and not being able to mess with the coil when its full of juice without a lot of hassle.. it's served me well for ages but time for a change.

The flavour off the Aqua V2 clone is wayyy better, and I think the design is pretty much perfect so I'm considering buying the Aqua SE which for my needs seems even better (anything made smaller is better!).

Can anyone share experiences with the hybrid mode? I currently have a copper Tarsius 4nine in 18500 mode, and I tried hybrid mode with the V2 clone, but it only screws in partially before constantly firing. So I'm looking for a very small 18500 mech mod which is compatible and flush with the Aqua SE in hybrid mode. Any suggestions? Also, my girlfriend has complained about my hands smelling like old pennies all the time :) so unfortunately looking for a mod in SS.

So far I've found this contender:

Talon by Versa — Smokeless Smoking

It has a 'beauty ring' which is an optional adaptor for nipple-top batteries, which I was thinking, if used with flat-tops may provide the extra room needed to use the Aqua in hybrid mode. Plus, the SS beauty ring polished up may suit a shiny airflow ring on the Aqua :)

Unfortunately the 18500 version is sold out and any other site selling it appears to be copper only.. including Versa's own website :(

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
@daviestar you won't be disappointed with the SE I am sure, lovely atomizer. I just ordered my second today. My first has been used every single day since I got it. It was my first higher-end authentic (not counting cheaper tanks like the Lemo and Goliath), and convinced me that while clones are great value - and I still buy some - it is often worth paying the extra for a great authentic to ensure everything works great every time. The devil is with the detail in these things, and there are things the clones often fall down on - most particularly, screws!

Silly question, but when using the clone on your Tarsius, you did attach the special hybrid adapter right? It should be in the spares package.

I am afraid I have no personal experience of hybrid, as I don't use mechs. I just know it's meant to work, with the hybrid adapter, on any M20x1 threaded hybrid. As I was talking about above, given you use a clone I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some fault with the hybrid adapter. It's those small peripheral components that these clones very often get wrong - it's very likely the cloners never once actually tested the adapter with a real mech. So if it was that, an authentic SE would not have any such problem.

Beyond that I can't help, but hopefully someone else has tried it, at least with the v2 (the SE seems much less well known, it hasn't caught on in the way the v2 did for some reason.)

There's a lengthy v2 clone thread somewhere in this forum, you might want to ask there too if you didn't already - if you can resolve your problem with the v2 that should give you more peace of mind that the SE will work. You could also browse the v2 authentic thread, to see if there were known issues with some mech mods not hybriding with the v2 despite being the right thread type.

But unless you can find such evidence, and/or there's something very unusual about the Tarsius (or any other SS mech you might consider), my default position would be to assume that any M20x1 hybrid will work with the SE.

Last edited:

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Finally got my second SE, and this time I thought I'd break the habit of a lifetime and use the stainless tank. Literally the first time I've used a stainless tank over a clear tank in any atomizer. Really like the brushed stainless look, matching the Dicodes. And with TC it's not really that important to see the remaining juice level.

Don't know if I'll stick with it longer term, but for now I'm liking the appearance. And I thought I'd jazz up the metal colouring with a flash of "lava" red :) Not the ideal drip tip for the SE because it's not got enough grip to turn the juice control, but I like how it looks.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Duh, sorry! I misspoke, getting confused with my new tanks that have JC that closes from the mouth piece/DT :)

I meant using the DT to open the top fill on the SE. I like having a grippy drip tip in there so I can just turn the drip tip to open the top, rather than grabbing the knurled knob. The knob works OK, I just sometimes find it slightly uncomfortable (podgy fingers!) and in any case much nicer when I can just turn the tip.

A Taifun DT works well, as does the Squape clone tip I got with my 'Triangle Windows' from FT (making it the only part of that clone I've ever used :) ) I recently ordered a few drip tip sets from FT, including 5 x Taifun style and a few others with dual o-rings. Not got them yet. I also have one single o-ring tip that is super tight, unusually so - I think it might be from my Atlantis, I can't remember now. That works well for turning stuff.

As well as the SEs, I also now need grippy tips for my Tilemahos v2 JC where DT is the primary (or even only) method. And it helps for the Gus Phenomenon chimney as well.

Have you ever tried top filling the v2s? Since I got the SE I have given it a go a few times. It actually kind of works. The problem is getting the top part of the chimney unscrewed from the outside. It works with pliers, but that's a bit nasty. I found that if I make sure it's not absolutely tight when putting the tank together - one fewer turn or thereabouts - and then put in a super tight DT, I can then get it unscrewed from the top. Then with the JC closed it fills just like with the SE. It can't be filled full, but I reckon I can get in at least the same 2.5ml as the SE. I don't do it most of the time, but have found it useful when I get those big American* 30ml juice bottles which only have dripper tops, and which never seem to be able to fill the v2 without half of it spilling everywhere :) I've been thinking of drilling/dremeling out one of the juice holes on my v2s to be slightly larger, but still haven't got around to it.

*Not that they're exclusive to the US, or probably even exclusive in the US :) But every time I get US juice over here it's always in 30ml bottles with dripper tops, where all UK juice seems to come with a narrow plastic top :)

daviestar

Verified Member
May 26, 2014
United Kingdom
Hey, thanks for the replies.

I've been doing a bit of research on a compatible mech mod for the Aqua V2/SE. From what I've found, it does seem to work on most 20x1 threaded mech mods. It's just the Tarsius 4nine is a little unusual as it is already designed to be a hybrid-only mod with a 510 top section like this:

4nine_3_large.jpg

- Basically just a tiny cap with a 510-sized hole in it so the atty positive pin can touch the top of your battery directly. This doesn't provide the space needed for the Aqua's configuration, and I doubt mods with a similar top cap will work.

A mod with a more conventional top cap like this:

gp-paps-v4-vapourart_07.jpg

Is more likely to fit (with 20x1 threading).

The GP Paps is what I have my sights set on now :) For under 80 euros I can get the 18500 tube and switch, which is pretty reasonable for a mod with one of the best switches you can get!

Anyone know for sure it is compatible with the Aqua V2/SE?? Pics would be awesome!

daviestar

Verified Member
May 26, 2014
United Kingdom
@daviestar you won't be disappointed with the SE I am sure, lovely atomizer. I just ordered my second today. My first has been used every single day since I got it. It was my first higher-end authentic (not counting cheaper tanks like the Lemo and Goliath), and convinced me that while clones are great value - and I still buy some - it is often worth paying the extra for a great authentic to ensure everything works great every time. The devil is with the detail in these things, and there are things the clones often fall down on - most particularly, screws!

Silly question, but when using the clone on your Tarsius, you did attach the special hybrid adapter right? It should be in the spares package.

Yeah, although I admire the cost cutting techniques of the clones, and dislike the exclusive nature of limited-batch authentics (so it becomes a fulltime job just to find and buy one before they're sold out!), since I use these things constantly I'd rather just fork out for an authentic to minimise frustrating issues. My V2 clone had a very squint positive pin, leaked, and the airflow section came fused to the deck section and I could only disassemble with pliers after trying everything else, leaving huge scratch marks on it. I only bought it to test out, after seeing the price of the SE, and I wasn't disappointed with the flavour and deck set up. But it went in the bin once I realised it had leaked all over my batteries (something that has NEVER happened with my legit KFL+).

I'm not sure what you mean by the special hybrid adaptor, but I've had a good look at what's in the box and I'm pretty sure I got the configuration right. Although there's every possibility I'm being dumb so please elaborate! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread