Catfish Atty Mods the next Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocceral

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Maine
Cleared out some stumps to make room for more thumps :). This atty shreds :)
Glad I got 2. The wife was a little upset when I got only one stumpy. Won't make that mistake again

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Tom what size are the grubs on the thump. Wondering if I need a new Hudy driver

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Grubs are 4-40 x 1/8" long. Driver .050 same as the Derringer.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I will order mor r thumps as needed.
AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong):

For communications via email:
Chowderhead72 at hotmail dot com

For GW payments:
Chowderhead1972 at gmail dot com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly correct....
Pm sent. Door open.

Last edited:

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
I will order mor r thumps as needed.

Exactly correct....
Pm sent. Door open.
Glad to hear thought I was gonna have to miss this one as I have blown my vape budget this month, at least the new month starts soon[emoji12] and then i can over shoot another budget with all these awesome atties and mods coming. Hopefully I can get one of those new Cam-R mods .

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
SxD.. What build are you running in the Thump?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

image.jpg

See why I try to say "I'll never do this" type of stuff anymore when it comes to Vaping? I'm experimenting with dual coil builds ATM. That's 29 ga 2.0mm and around 0.8 ohms. It's pretty good but I'll be upping the ID next time prolly. Dunno yet. The experimentation to milk the best performance out of an atty is all the fun.

Edit - not that a single wasn't awesome. I just had some time to F around last night.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
View attachment 485420
See why I try to say "I'll never do this" type of stuff anymore when it comes to Vaping? I'm experimenting with dual coil builds ATM. That's 29 ga 2.0mm and around 0.8 ohms. It's pretty good but I'll be upping the ID next time prolly. Dunno yet. The experimentation to milk the best performance out of an atty is all the fun.

Edit - not that a single wasn't awesome. I just had some time to F around last night.
My question is how well a single really works when air is hitting open space, you know? I want to try it soon in my Manta. I went back to duals in my Manta just so that air wasn't hitting open space when I have it wide open; wondering now if I really needed to do that :)

Man I want a Thump in some ways but I'm pretty sure I won't dig the 4 post, I'm a freak...I just feel weird. Haven't gotten a new atty in so long. I hope you know, Catfish brotha Tom, it's just because I'm so freakin content with your BF Vectors and Mantas at the moment - especially a Vector built to .33 on my new TMod - talk about a nic fix :wub:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
My question is how well a single really works when air is hitting open space, you know? I want to try it soon in my Manta. I went back to duals in my Manta just so that air wasn't hitting open space when I have it wide open; wondering now if I really needed to do that :)

Man I want a Thump in some ways but I'm pretty sure I won't dig the 4 post, I'm a freak...I just feel weird. Haven't gotten a new atty in so long. I hope you know, Catfish brotha Tom, it's just because I'm so freakin content with your BF Vectors and Mantas at the moment - especially a Vector built to .33 on my new TMod - talk about a nic fix :wub:
I think a good theory for me ATM is if it's a two post atty you can run a single center coil. I have confirmed what I thought and that single side slung coils in 22mm (all I use) attys is just a weird feeling. One I can't quite place probably linked to balance - heating one side of the atty and applying air to both. I can't do single AFC. For me, the thump shines with a dual setup of lower resistance, straight wire whereas a stump shines with a single center setup of higher resistance and just the right twist of wire.

But 4 posts make duals so much easier IMO to mount.

They both have a place / use in my vape life.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
We're all different. I fooled around with several single coil builds in the Stumpy, and just couldn't deal with it. I felt like I was just building a big Kayfun. It made more sense to me to go with duals. I like the versatility of the 2 post Stumpy; but the single center coil just didn't do it for me.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
About that center build. What is the gain compared to just have the coil right in the middle of the posts?

I think we are talking about the same thing. Just for clarity, This is what I'm referring to by center coil:
image.jpg

I think the gain is balance. AFC on both sides equally washing over the coil as it turns juice into steam and tempers that steam into warm, thick copious vapor. But I find that only the right twist of wire and a perfect loose KGD wick is needed to ensure that hot liquid is turned to steam not meteorites of scalding lip searing missles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread