Best temp control over 40watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawfyj09

Aug 24, 2015
Hey guys currently using a VS rdna40 but looking for something with more wattage to give me the option of kanthal builds on the odd non temp control builds.
Have looked around and seen mixed reviews on devices and battery life on mods such as the sigelei 75w, ipv d2, snow wolf, ipv4s and a few others.
Basically want to here your experiences with different devices and battery pairings and what is worth looking into without breaking the bank on something such as the dna200.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Without any scientific measurements to support one brand or chip set being more battery friendly compared to other brands or chip sets personally speaking, if you want battery life then you will want a dual battery design.

While the boxy design was not a good fit for me I've heard many good things about the Snow-wolf. (inexpensive and not breaking the bank is some of the good stuff)

The longest lasting mod I currently own is a IPV4S outfitted with LG HG2's. I brought one home late Saturday afternoon (5PM), slapped 2x fully charged HG2's in it and vaped for the rest of the day and all day Sunday and the IPV4S still had power when I pulled the batteries at 10PM Sunday night to put on the charger.

I'll add this disclaimer: I only use it in TC mode at 35J or less, mostly at 15-25J.

I'd suspect that most modern dual 18650 mods would perform in a similar way under the same conditions. (some slightly better, some slightly worse)

YMMV.

Crawfyj09

Aug 24, 2015
    Thanks George,
    Im currently running a he2 in the shark. Which was pre installed by vaporshark and as far as i know do this with all dna40 mods they sell.
    Battery life is terrific, lasts all day no worries with moderate vaping at 460f at 36watts on a .12 dual 28g build.
    I totally agree with you about the size of the wolf, it literally looks like a brick and from most reports weighs in closely aswell.
    So from your personal experience the 4s running with lg hg2's will comfortably handle a full day of moderate vaping?
    Curious to know, at watt wattage (pun intended) does it become overkill.
    I personally do not know anyone vaping constantly over 60-70w on a regular basis.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread