What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
You did the right thing by taking the fall. I had tht hapen this spring. I as out looking at a stack of wood I was thinking of buying and caught an uneven area in the yard, hard. I just let it go and let my shoulder take the brunt of the impact. My ankle hurt but not bad and within a week or so I was good to go.

Reactions: hittman

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Seems GN tobacco is having some issues with production. I've been waiting to place an order for a couple of weeks now and both Snuscentral and Buysnus are out of most Oden's brands. Sucks because I really enjoy several of them. I sent a message to both websites to see what's really going on. :glare:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
What a week! It started out Monday when I got a call from the fellow I bought the washing machine from. My check bounced. I hadn't bounced a check since I was 18 when I bounced 4 or 5 at book stores in State College. We had changed my checking account in the summer and I had some checks from the old account. Of course that was the "good old days" when the stores and banks understood mistakes happen. I don't believe it cost anything to right the mistake.

I was in disbelief since I had several thousand in my one checking account and more in the other plus, after I got done checking the accounts, I remembered I had check protection on both accounts so there was no way his bank was right. Then in the middle of night I awake with a start. Something processed in my brain and I had to check. I had two different sets of checks in the book- my regular accounts and a credit union that I had when I was working that I hadn't used in 13 plus years until I mistakenly wrote a check on it. Oh well, 50 years between bounced checks is acceptable,

I Went to the bank Tuesday and got cash to repay plus $15 to cover his expense when the check bounced. I decided the half hour ride would be Gizmo's maiden voyage-

He was fine for 15 minutes but got antsy and was pulling his front legs out of the harness. I had to stop twice to readjust him. After I took care of paying, I made sure he was in securely and headed home figuring he'd be worse, but it seemed he got used to it and just sat back and enjoyed the ride.

Reactions: firechick

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I was more embarrassed than he was upset. Monday night I told him what I wrote thinking something something had to be wrong because I only had those two checking accounts and he had a message when he woke up that I figured out what the problem was and I'd be over when he got home to straighten it out, which I was. He was fine.

I called the Credit union and got the procedure to close the account out. I still have to send them a letter but wrote a check of $200 which I put in my bank and they'll send me a check for the $20 or so left in the account. Now I can rip up the rest of those checks and be done with the account. The CU is just too far from me to use anymore and I'm member in two others more local.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Buysnus has a 50% off sale! Shop | Order Swedish Snus from mysnus.com

If anyone has a couple hundred socked away, this might be a good time to buy. I ran the numbers on Mint.

Snus UPS ttl Cans Per Can
$92.10 $37.87 $129.97 60 $2.17
$153.50 $44.75 $198.25 100 $1.98
$184.40 $49.85 $234.25 120 $1.95

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Did a 100 cans and kept it under $200 and $1.98 per can. I kind of laughed because my first thought was to decrease the order. Then it hit me. I was spending $180 ever two weeks on cigarettes back in the day and this is my first order in over a year, I think a year and a half if my memory is correct. Anyway, I couldn't resist when I saw they had Onyx and got two rolls of it as well as 6 of Mint and I decided to try a roll each of XRANGE General Strong Slim Large White Portion and
XRANGE General Slim Large White Portion.

Reactions: firechick

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I was curious about that as well Hitt. But I also wonder how General is doing with their US experiment. I don't see much in news on it besides this article which shows promise. The Swedish snuff that's targeting the US

I think it has a lot to do with the companies. Swedish Match is huge compared to most other snus manufacturers so they have the capital to take a risk on the US market. If they continue to show profit from it, expect to see the other snus companies join in soon.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I hear that. I wonder if it also has to do with the stronger nicotine content that companies like Thunder and Odens has in their snus. Might be some goofy regulation regarding the maximum for loose tobacco products. As I recall, I've never seen a can of chew that was "extra strong" so that may be why we don't see some other brands of snus slipping into the US.

Users who are viewing this thread