Vaporshark DNA200

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
I got the same email, and I don't know about anyone else, but I appreciated it.

The only shame is that it works into a reaction from angry customers that would not had been as impatient had they posted something like this to begin with. Be honest, give us an update, we won't need to call or email because we now know what's going on, and more people will understand than you think. I hope this serves as a lesson to do up front next time they release a device, but in the meantime this update makes things right by me as long as it is just a couple weeks tops and not dragged beyond a reasonable timeframe.
No they won't learn from this as the exact same communication issue happened with the dna 40. But that won't stop be from buying VS as I love their products even though their service sucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
Envyyyyyyyy.......

Pleeeeease post more about it. Let me live vicariously through you.
One thing I really like is the feel of it in the hand. Compared to my rdna it's taller but thinner. Also it weighs 6 Oz vs 7.4 Oz for the rdna. Still fiddling with the settings...... 200w preheat is just crazy.

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
One thing I really like is the feel of it in the hand. Compared to my rdna it's taller but thinner. Also it weighs 6 Oz vs 7.4 Oz for the rdna. Still fiddling with the settings...... 200w preheat is just crazy.

Thank you for taking time to post for us :). A few questions if you don't mind please?

Are you coming from the rDNA exclusively, or do you have other mods, possibly with a Yihi chip, I was wondering how they compare?

How is the finish? Did you get the coating?

How is the software? Learning curve, or easy and intuitive?

Thank you

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
Thank you for taking time to post for us :). A few questions if you don't mind please?

Are you coming from the rDNA exclusively, or do you have other mods, possibly with a Yihi chip, I was wondering how they compare?

Thank you
I normally use 2 rdna's in TC exclusively and have no experience with yihi chips. The finish feels and looks really nice but I will be getting skins on them as soon as they are available. It feels like a thicker coat of rubber/paint than my rdna but would like to keep it looking new with the skin. The software is very intuitive and couldn't be simpler. I still have not found the settings I like yet but I do have a new rda that I am not that familiar with. May have a few more build attempts before I get it the way I like.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

Thank you
I don't have the VS but I have 2 DNA200's and the SX350j doesn't even compare. I've been trying to sell my Boxer with the SX chip and no takers.

Dobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
Could you please tell us how the battery door holds? Does it come out easily?

I normally use 2 rdna's in TC exclusively and have no experience with yihi chips. The finish feels and looks really nice but I will be getting skins on them as soon as they are available. It feels like a thicker coat of rubber/paint than my rdna but would like to keep it looking new with the skin. The software is very intuitive and couldn't be simpler. I still have not found the settings I like yet but I do have a new rda that I am not that familiar with. May have a few more build attempts before I get it the way I like.

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Thanks Paul, do you see yourself getting a backup LIPO and does it appear easy to replace daily if you wanted to?
You've had it a couple of days now, what's your overall impression? Is the finish holding up good? Do you get a full day out of the battery? Any glitches or bugs? You are a lucky man, so far you appear to be the only one that has it lol

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
Thanks Paul, do you see yourself getting a backup LIPO and does it appear easy to replace daily if you wanted to?
You've had it a couple of days now, what's your overall impression? Is the finish holding up good? Do you get a full day out of the battery? Any glitches or bugs? You are a lucky man, so far you appear to be the only one that has it lol

I do not plan on getting another LIPO as I have two rdna's with me at all times as well as chargers at my work desk. While the battery seems pretty accessible I have not tried taking it out. Looks like I'd have to pry it out and I'd rather not do that at the moment.
My impression so far is that this is a quality build. I have zero complaints so far. The performance has exceeded my expectations. If I had any negative things to say is that the battery will not last me a full day for the way I vape but again I have other devices and chargers. Lung inhale with single twisted 28 ga ni200 at 55W with 100W preheat for 0.5 seconds and the flavor is out of this world. While being taller than my rdna's it feels easier to hold because it's lighter. If I lost this would I buy another one? You bet ya. Love it. Probably opt for coating and sharkskin tho.

smokewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Cyprus
Here's what I don't understand... the DNA200 onboard charger is limited to 1 amps, how is VS overriding that limitation? And will it still be a safe charge?

VS is using a daughter board for the two amps. Evolv 1Amp rating is at the 5v usb side. At the higher voltage lipo side it's .3-.4 amps. Half as the 1C charging rating of the lipo. So the VS should charge at .6-.8 Amps, a perfectly safe range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread