Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
EAT MO' COW!

a6XXmJt.jpg
Thanx to sonicbomb fer pic. Caption mine...

Last edited:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
I hope the wind does not get damaged.
You indeed have the driest sense of humor which I totally enjoy!

I'm sitting on the back porch watching the big, black clouds go over and so far getting no rain at all. It did rain like pouring it out of a boot last night with big lightning and thunder. Pretty impressive. Now that the major danger has gone due to weakening I am looking forward to some big weather. This house has avoided damage from every storm in the past 43 years. There is a huge concrete "noise wall" that separates us from the shopping center behind us (wasn't there when she bought the place) and the theory is it directs the major winds and debris up and over. Either way I like the odds of undamaged survival or is it about due? :w00t::shock::lol:
Well, it went almost as quickly as it came, but boy, it was a bit scary.....sort of reminded me of 'what's to come' back in '04.

It's felt like fall yesterday and today. Do think we'll be gettin' our share of 'liquid sunshine' da next couple of days on dis side...
noah__s_ark___animated_by_mirz123.gif
Yep, on this side too; all next week!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Did the storm in Florida change track? I thought it was supposed to come in on your and Classy's side, Iffy, but Gracie and Matt are on the Atlantic side aren't they?

Can you post that hurricane update link again? My browser wasn't able to find it with keywords... I thought it would. That site had the most detailed storm track forecast I've ever heard.

I hope none of you Floridians get anything more than minor inconvenience from the wind and rain.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Did the storm in Florida change track? I thought it was supposed to come in on your and Classy's side, Iffy, but Gracie and Matt are on the Atlantic side aren't they?

Can you post that hurricane update link again? My browser wasn't able to find it with keywords... I thought it would. That site had the most detailed storm track forecast I've ever heard.

I hope none of you Floridians get anything more than minor inconvenience from the wind and rain.
Weakened considerably after kicking the crap out of Dominica and is supposed to come up way more to the west as a rain filled tropical depression.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida

So far, it has been a minor inconvenience and actually, not even that! Just a lot of wetness and wind....but, you'd never know it looking out my window right now......calm as can be.....maybe a little TOO calm.

Oh, here is the link that Johnny shared with us.....however, there are no updates.
Tropical Tidbits — Erika Moving into Hispaniola – Big Flooding Threat, but May Dissipate

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

The mountains of DR decayed the central circulation and Erika became just a low pressure front.

Can you post that hurricane update link again?

TROPICAL TIDBITS

I'm more concerned 'bout the counties north of us; they're already waterlogged and ground saturated with high rivers/creeks/etc. Much more rain and any strong winds will be bad news.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
A nice relaxing Sunday. Brisket, Boudin stuffed and Bacon-wrapped Jalapenos, plus some Boudin links on the side. I am sitting on my patio keeping an eye on the smoker. Have my laptop watching movies, too.

Attachments

• Poppers.jpg
    Poppers.jpg
    1,020.4 KB · Views: 59

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I must ask the question, CAN NO ONE make a tank/atty that doesn't leak???
Did the Reo leak? Mine did only until I put an O ring under the atty, and hasn't leaked a drop since unless I oversquonk and it comes out the air holes, which with your atty is nearly impossible. I agree if you've had em awhile and they didn't leak before, it is likely the seals. They do wear out. Sometimes you can revive them by soaking them in water. At least you can with O rings from what I hear.
Our shaved cat was not hairless though, she was soft and fuzzy and lovely to pet.
I could certainly see cutting it down like you did, but totally shaving is not something I'd like or want to do to a cat. Kinda the same as not keeping a pet Lhasa in a show coat.
Depending on who is funding the study anything can be proven.
Amen Sister!!!!

I think this is the 4th or 5th major discussion we've had on climate change since I became an ECF member, and I'm grateful that some are becoming more willing to listen to the evidence. Some are not, but perhaps by the next time people get enthusiastic about the subject a few more will be willing to take a more scientific view than they're willing to take now.
I don't get into do you believe or don't you believe it, (climate change, global warming) to me it doesn't really matter. We should all do what we can within reason to help our planet just because it's the right thing to do.

but ... but ... what about 'the Sun revolves around the Earth' and 'the world is flat' ... just saying :D
jup the medical community has 100's or 1000's of these. Saccharin causes cancer, oat bran lowers cholesterol, possibly even cholesterol is bad for you, going way back, wash your hands before surgery? germs, what germs they just up and died for no good reason. (sarcasm)

Well, it went almost as quickly as it came, but boy, it was a bit scary.....sort of reminded me of 'what's to come' back in '04.
Glad this one wasn't bad. Hope what's coming won't be horrible either! I got it, all y'all in florida can move to Texas!! it's purdy here!! hehehe

A nice relaxing Sunday. Brisket, Boudin stuffed and Bacon-wrapped Jalapenos, plus some Boudin links on the side. I am sitting on my patio keeping an eye on the smoker. Have my laptop watching movies, too.
Y'all didn't want any stuffed/wrapped jalapenos since you only made enough for me??? At least there's enough brisket I can share with ohhhh, one other person lol Never had boudin, so not sure bout dat. Looks yummy, I know y'all enjoyed that!!

Bad day? Just think how woks he can make!
:lol: :lol: :lol: you just aint right darlin..... funny as all get out.....but just not right! hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread