Steeping Times and an Ultrasonic Cleaner Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry, the lid of my UC doesn't close with 2 60ml bottles in it.

I've never closed the UC lid when steeping. Not important to the process. Now I couldn't close the UC lid if I wanted to. I've begun using Insanely Large 400ml glass bottles. After steeping I decant into 100ml bottles for intermediate storage and fill up the 10-15ml needle nose bottles for easy tank filling. I make a huge batch of DK tobacco, American tobacco, and 555 that never lasts as long as I think it will. And still my wheezy 8 minute long timer UC refuses to die. The moment it does I'm off to get a 30 minute timer UC for speed-steeping bliss.

mikey42

Apr 30, 2015
Southern California
It's all good! I'm addicted more to Vaping than than I ever was to smoking. No stinky clothes anymore. It's simply because it's always a learning experience. I've always loved to absorb info, and this is a hobby that hopefully, will NEVER become boring. Even when, or IF, we vapers are forced underground. ecf is as good as any book! Thank you all for your thoughts and experience.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
It's all good! I'm addicted more to Vaping than than I ever was to smoking. No stinky clothes anymore. It's simply because it's always a learning experience. I've always loved to absorb info, and this is a hobby that hopefully, will NEVER become boring. Even when, or IF, we vapers are forced underground. ecf is as good as any book! Thank you all for your thoughts and experience.

I see Danny has taken you under his wing. That's a good thing. Ditto! Caps on please as per the GodFather of Speed Steeping. :)

Guaranteed on the bolded. What's also great is you found us early in your journey and that is a huge plus. Good luck and happy speed steeping.

:)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I've dry burned then cleaned my kanger and kayfuns for about 3 minutes and they came out fine but that was silica wick. You may need to adjust the time because cotton seems to shread in a UC. Dry burning might be nessessary and that won't work with cotton wicking. You will likely need to remove the wick and replace it with new wick. If you don't need to dry burn you should be fine. If you find yourself going through attys to quickly you may want to reduce your sweeter vapes or switch to RBA's

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Danny, what do you think about this one.
    61CpYMQM48L._SL1200_.jpg

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    www.e-cigarette-forum.com

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I just dug my parents' old kitchen thermometers out of a box in my basement.
    One is an older Taylor model with no adjustment.
    The other is a nice adjustable Cuisinart from 1983 with directions and a case.

They both read about 125F at my UC's typical running temp.
    It doesn't get very much hotter than when I checked it.
    The water comes out of the tap at 150 and that's too hot to keep my finger in.
    It gets hurty in the UC but not too hot to keep my finger in.
    That leads me to deduce that if the meter's accurate it's always been <150F

I'll test boiling temp later today on them both and adjust the Cuisinart if necessary.

Last edited:

Bob57

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2012
    Indiana
    I tried a couple juices in glass 30 ml bottles with a UC @ 150 degree for three 30 min cycles with an 8 min rest between each cycle.
    The juice had a strange smell afterwards almost like it was burnt.
    One 30ml bottle only had 15 ml of juice or half full and it has the strongest smell.
    I cant figure why I got these results compared to others success story's?
    The 15 ml sample is a flavor I've been using for 2 years only difference is a higher VG then I normally use.
    Left the caps off the bottles over night and now 3 days later it still has the same strange smell.
    The UC has dual transducers and heat control I even checked the water temp (distilled water) with a thermometer to confirm the reading on the UC, 150 was the max.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I tried a couple juices in glass 30 ml bottles with a UC @ 150 degree for three 30 min cycles with an 8 min rest between each cycle.
    The juice had a strange smell afterwards almost like it was burnt.
    One 30ml bottle only had 15 ml of juice or half full and it has the strongest smell.
    I cant figure why I got these results compared to others success story's?
    The 15 ml sample is a flavor I've been using for 2 years only difference is a higher VG then I normally use.
    Left the caps off the bottles over night and now 3 days later it still has the same strange smell.
    The UC has dual transducers and heat control I even checked the water temp (distilled water) with a thermometer to confirm the reading on the UC, 150 was the max.
    I'm not trying to be a wise guy but did you smell the bottles before putting your juice in?

A friend called me to tell me the latest bottle of Blueberry I gave him tasted "off".
    Not bad just off.
    He's been vaping my blueberry juice for over a year so I didn't doubt him but I couldn't figure it out.
    I made some fresh for him and by the time he picked it up I had remembered.
    I sometimes use my blueberry bottle for MBV Blue Moo also.
    There were a couple of leftover ml in the bottle when I made his blueberry.
    I had made both recently but thought regular blueberry was the latest.
    Guess not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread