Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I'm not really interested in TC, as I think it's a passing fad. Seems like reviews of most of the TC boxes report awful battery run-time. Run-time is what I'm after, hence the dual parallel choice in this box.

I'm planning to run 25Rs to begin, but may get some other with higher capacity later. Depends if this makes it sun-up to sun-down without swap or charge.

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
I'm using Sony vtc4s. I like my new istick, but the button rattle is seriously bad. When I took it out of the box I thought something was broken and bouncing around inside.

Well, it was cheap and has good ergonomics at least.

My button dosen't rattle at all

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Although I would have perfered the 25r or the Vtc4, I went with the Lg hg2's. I ordered mine from MVS, and they only had my 3rd choice for batteries (lg hg2) in stock, not a big deal since I'm not a big power user, and also MOOCH's test showed them to be a good battery for my vaping.:)

Those should be fine. The istick is a parallel configuration, which I didn't realize until it got here. Honestly, that will give you 40A, which is more than you'll need :)

Reactions: Oregon Linda

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
Those should be fine. The istick is a parallel configuration, which I didn't realize until it got here. Honestly, that will give you 40A, which is more than you'll need :)

Thanks for the confirmation, the 100w is my first removable battery Mod, so I had to do some homework on batteries, but it is good to have a 2nd opinion on it. :thumb:

Reactions: roxynoodle

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
Good to know they're not all this way. Mine is very loud.
The first time I put the 100w in my pocket I thought my kid had stuck some seashells in my pocket again.I have the 30, 50 and 100. The 30 and 50 both rattle just slightly in the fire buttons. The 100W rattles all three buttons so much that I refuse to carry it. I'll take it apart soon and see what I can do about it.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The first time I put the 100w in my pocket I thought my kid had stuck some seashells in my pocket again.I have the 30, 50 and 100. The 30 and 50 both rattle just slightly in the fire buttons. The 100W rattles all three buttons so much that I refuse to carry it. I'll take it apart soon and see what I can do about it.

Let me know if you find an answer. My fire button is fine. Its the power buttons.

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
Woo-hoo! I got mine in Vapemail today, along with a subtank plus. Definitely a step up from the istick 50, I'm digging it.
:headbang:

Let me know if you find an answer. My fire button is fine. Its the power buttons.

Now mine did rattle too, quite loud, sounded like it also was the power buttons, however once I put batteries in, it stopped rattling. Somewhat perplexing since the rattle sounded like it was coming from the buttons.

Anyway, I'll look into it more and will report back, however, I'm so enjoying the vape on it right now. :thumbs:

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
Welp, I took out the outer six and the two inner screws and went no further. The PCB is really pressed in there and I didn't want to risk doing any damage. The 50 was a lot easier to take apart than the 100 is.

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
Welp, I took out the outer six and the two inner screws and went no further. The PCB is really pressed in there and I didn't want to risk doing any damage. The 50 was a lot easier to take apart than the 100 is.

Thanks for the info on it:thumb:, too bad it's put together like that, seems like it should have been put together easier than the 50.

Though based on what you did see, does it appear to be the up/down buttons that's making it a rattler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread