Questions: consumables besides juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
Nautilus mini is a old tank in vaper time, but still is a great tank for high ohm/low wattage/mouth to lung vaping. It should be a pretty huge upgrade over the clearo's you been using. A istick 30 would be a good pairing. But if your ok with going alil bigger a istick 50 has twice the battery life and could last 2-3days depending on how much you vape. Should run about 60$ for tank+battery. If your looking for something more advanced feel free to ask.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Yes, I think any of the systems Edyle suggested in early part of this topic would be good upgrade for you:
" istick30 with a nautilus mini.
Or a kanger subox kit.
Or an aspire subox kit"

There is also the Joyetech Ego One, and the Joyetech Egrip OLED and Joyetech Evic VT.
eGrip series Archives - Joyetech

All wonderful devices IMHO.

Study up here first, then go buy

scottfeldstein

Aug 29, 2015
West Bend, WI
So I'm shopping over at viper vape and picking out an Innokin 50w "disruptor" kit. And when I go to select a tank for it, I find myself reading the specs for an Aspire Triton, which, inexplicably, comes with a 0.4 ohm preinstalled and a 1.8 ohm replacement.

WHY?

As a former product manger in the the technology space, I can't understand the fragmented and nonsensical state of vaping gear. Is it really as bad as it seems? A fortune could be made if someone came up with a more sensible system. /rant

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
So I'm shopping over at viper vape and picking out an Innokin 50w "disruptor" kit. And when I go to select a tank for it, I find myself reading the specs for an Aspire Triton, which, inexplicably, comes with a 0.4 ohm preinstalled and a 1.8 ohm replacement.

WHY?

As a former product manger in the the technology space, I can't understand the fragmented and nonsensical state of vaping gear. Is it really as bad as it seems? A fortune could be made if someone came up with a more sensible system. /rant
The .4ohm is for sub ohm vaping(more at clouds/lung hits) where the 1.8ohm coil is more suited to the mouth to lung vapor.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

WHY?

Scott, because it's an emerging technology, the alacrity with which stuff has been designed and produced is almost mind numbing. I'm here almost every day and can't even keep up, and I've owned about 30 different systems in past and really "knew my stuff".

When I started vaping in 2012, there was the ego twist and basically, a vivi nova or carto tank. I mean, VV ego twist was revolutionary at the time. LOL Because of VV. And everyone used a provari.

Which, you also may want to check out, since they are very dependable and made in USA, but not for sub ohming.

But you are correct, the entire vaping industry is very "fractured" in a way.......so many choices, so many pieces of gear, and everything only goes with certain things. SO it is very easy for a newbie to feel lost and also to buy the wrong coils for their tanks :)

Because there are so many!

Sure. But it doesn't explain why it comes with a 0.4 installed and a 1.8 replacement. What sense does that make?

Yes, and you are right, those 2 things would appeal to completely different people. I would use the 1.8 and give the 0.4 away for instnace. :lol:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

WHY?

Well if you find you prefer one or the other, then when you go to the shop to get replacements you know which one you prefer.
There are different ohm coils, different wire sizes and wire materials used inside the coils, there's single coils, dual coils, there's even a tank that comes with triple coils, and nowadays as of this year there are even nickel coils because the first generation of temperature controlled mods are designed to work with nickel.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Sure. But it doesn't explain why it comes with a 0.4 installed and a 1.8 replacement. What sense does that make?

if you vape a lot you will probably need to change the coil after 3 days or thereabouts, so you will soon be going to the shop for a 5pack of replacement coils.

you can think of the 1.8 as an alternate, not so much a spare/replacement.

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
Because it sub-ohm war time in vaping . I think you will in joy the 1.8ohm coil, based off your current gear. Just unscrew it when it comes and screw the 1.8ohm coil in.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
When Aspire came out with their 1st subΩ tank (the Atlantis) all the people who were M2L inhalers were not interested due to the airflow and wattage required to run their coils. So then they came out with the Triton (their 1st top fill tank) and they wanted it to appeal to everyone. That's why they include two very different coils.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Thanks, racehorse. At least I know I'm not crazy--the industry is. That will help me better navigate the nonsense.

Well Scott, there are some very simple decisions to make that "help" eliminate options.

First, box shaped or tube shaped. That is the most basic thing that people either like or dislike.

So, once decided, you can eliminate about 50% of the entire line of products out there. :lol:

Then, lots of vapor and warmth/heat, fog up an entire room with every exhale..... or a little cooler conservative vape, plenty of clouds but not someting that would obliterate the person standing next to you. (I'm the latter). A

nd then mouth to lung or direct lung hits. (I am former).

Just those few things will put you on or off an equipment decision.

Oh, then weight and size. That is a biggie, esp. for me, since I am female. I just happen not to like carrying anyting heavy or ostentatious.

So write down your answers to these simpler things then you will know.

The problem with people asking for advice when they are new........nobody really takes them thru a LOGICAL FLOW CHART scenario. they just suggest "what they like". Which is helpful, but doesn't really address the needs and preferences of the person they are giving advice to. And in their defense, they cannot know, since the newbie asking doesn't know what they want, either.

So a flowchart just with these 6 or so questions solves a lot of the equation.

I might even make up that flowchart, come to think of it. :)

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

In a way, the makers have to put in both (all?) the current resistance atomizers into the complete box.
Kangers (the subtanks) come with 0.5 and 1.2. It's a question of choice.

I would say those choices are better than when you used to get a 1.8 and a 2.1. That really was pointless. (i.m.o).

I think it's a good thing. Not everybody want to vape sub-ohm and will appreciate the best new-design tanks but with a more "everyday" resistance coil.

scottfeldstein

Aug 29, 2015
West Bend, WI
First, box shaped or tube shaped. That is the most basic thing that people either like or dislike.

So, once decided, you can eliminate about 50% of the entire line of products out there. :lol:

Then, lots of vapor and warmth/heat, fog up an entire room with every exhale..... or a little cooler conservative vape, plenty of clouds but not someting that would obliterate the person standing next to you. (I'm the latter).

And then mouth to lung or direct lung hits. (I am former).

Good stuff! Ok. I don't think I care about shape or size. Box it is, then, because I like a long battery life. Although I find the enormous clouds I see in videos from people like Abby Vapes, I don't know that I am interested in "lung hits." I'm a former smoker. Mouth-to-lung is very natural. As long as I can get a good vape using that technique, I'm good. Probably don't need sub-ohm then, right? But a mod that had the capability wouldn't be bad.

LeakyCarto

Moved On
Aug 30, 2015
SmallTown
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple identities are not permitted on ECF

Ibitz

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Johnson City, TN, USA
Scott, if you think you like box mods then you might look into the MVP3 Pro. I use one as we speak and have used the older versions of MVP's as well. The MVP is a work horse. The battery lasts at least 2 days before it needs charging. The Pro will go up to 50w, but I never go over 14w. The vapor just gets too warm for me at anything over 14w. I personally use a Kayfun 2 (I did not like the Kayfun 4, too complicated for this old lady) The Kayfun is a rebuildable. If you are looking for a tank that you can easily replace the coils then I suggest you look at the Aspire Nautilus or the Aspire Nautilus mini

This young lady gives a great review on both of them.
Good luck with your search for the perfect vape

Reactions: Racehorse

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
I've been vaping for a year and a half, I'm NOT into the "shiny" aspect, and I still use my itastevv3s. They're fine. Yeah, you should disassemble and clean the clearomizer parts. I use a mix of distilled water and cheap vodka. Every so often you can replace the wick part with a fresh new one. That's all the maintenance needed on this thing. And if you like it, stay with it.

scottfeldstein

Aug 29, 2015
West Bend, WI
UPDATE: Yes, they sold me the wrong coils. The guy there today immediately recognized that they were wrong and just swapped me a box of the right ones. So that's figured out. He said you replace it about once a week, depending on use.

While I was there I decided to upgrade a bit and walked out with an Aspire ESP30 and a Nautilus Mini. Bigger tank, bigger battery...that should lower my blood pressure a bit.

One question, though. I can adjust the watts of the mod. But the guy at the store said something about not turning it up past, like, 11 with this tank on it. It comes with a 1.8 Ohm thingamajig. Is there wattage that you shouldn't use on it? Are there different Ohm thingamajigs that I could get if I wanted?

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
Going past a certain wattage will cause dry hit's. Depending on the juice you use / the coil head's ability to wick. 11watts? seem's like a very safe side guess, id say you should be fine up to around 18watts. Just dial it in to your preference keep a close eye on it above 15w if you start to get a dry/less flavorful vape back off it some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread