Everyone talks about "massive airflow" ... Not needed for mouth to lung vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    If that's the case, why did you equate liking big clouds to having a low self-worth?
    Ahh, never mind. These forums are simply a microcosm of society. We don't seem to be able to discuss anything anymore without denigrating the "opposition".

I'm sorry, if you read what I wrote and came to that conclusion as it was not intended or at all implied. (please re-read what I wrote)

I however DO equate the seemingly endless: "mine is bigger/better than yours" mentality displayed in these forums to something other than textbook perfect mental health. ;)

The concept that many subjects here on ECF can't be discussed without devolving into "sides" and an "opposition" supports the point I was making. There are only personal preferences and opinions. All of us users are different people and quite possibly (and often do) like or prefer different things.

Often times I think these forums were taken over by the same folks who drive the endless "Xbox vs PS" debate.

*** back on topic ***

All industries are driven by what consumers are spending their money on. If products are not selling manufacturers will ether design something the does sell or go out of business. While some might say that the Kayfun and Nautilus are already 'perfect' and can't be improved on (hence lack of manufacturer interest in making new tanks for this sub-market) and while there is much more new products in the "sub ohm" market many of the "sub ohm" tanks can be built/adjusted to fit and meet the needs of the lower volume vapor users so manufacturers may think they are covering both sub-markets with their recent products well enough not to design+market products specifically designed to compete with the Kayfuns and Nautilus class tanks.

Last edited:

Thespis

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2014
    Texas
    I'm sorry, if you read what I wrote and came to that conclusion as it was not intended or at all implied. (please re-read what I wrote)
    I'll not only re-read it, I'll repost it.
    Granted, with the profit margin on store bought juice and some folks seemingly testosterone driven "my cloud is bigger than yours" mentality seemingly funding the entire industry there ARE those of us who don't equate our self worth to having the 'latest and greatest' MOD or forming the biggest clouds.
    This implies that your group knows how to do it right, and those who are "funding the entire industry" find their self-worth through the latest mod or big clouds.
    If you meant something else, please explain.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    "GeorgeS said:
    Granted, with the profit margin on store bought juice and some folks seemingly testosterone driven "my cloud is bigger than yours" mentality seemingly funding the entire industry there ARE those of us who don't equate our self worth to having the 'latest and greatest' MOD or forming the biggest clouds."

You realize that this fits just about every industry right? Not everyone needs/wants/desires to have the newest (insert product here) nor feels the need to find a website to share about their purchases, review their purchases or how much their product consumes (be it electricity, fuel, juice or some other type of consumable).

Another word for seemingly | Synonyms for seemingly

Another word for some | Synonyms for some

In the above there is no implied, direct or indirect "right" or "wrong" way or "how to do it".

I do have a personal opinion and observation (based again on personal opinion) that some of those that consume large amounts of juice and new gear are testosterone driven and equate self worth from the size of their clouds and model of the gear producing them. The same purchasing patterns and consumer attitudes displayed are mirrored in other industries as well.

Again it is not expressed or implied that this is the ONLY motivation to consuming large amounts of vapor gear and consumables (or that there is anything WRONG with this motivation) but is offered as ONE explanation as to why some consume much more vaping products than others.

So again to be clear there is no right or wrong way to vape OR spend money on vaping gear or supplies. I may not enjoy the way you vape and you might not enjoy the way I vape. Some people like "store bought" stuff, others like to DIY. To each their own.

I earlier stated my preferences and reasoning behind those preferences. While you've mentioned you like to make clouds, what is it about them that you like? (while "because I can" is a valid answer, for the sake of discussion a more indepth reply would be more insightful)

Last edited:

Thespis

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2014
    Texas
    I do have a personal opinion and observation (based again on personal opinion) that some of those that consume large amounts of juice and new gear are testosterone driven and equate self worth from the size of their clouds and model of the gear producing them.
    If that's what you meant, I'll take your word for it. I should probably avoid forums for a while. I know it's not going to happen, but I would like to see people learn to actually discuss the merits of their opinion and the weaknesses of the argument from the other side. That's a debate. Unfortunately, the "debates" on social media quite often become about the character of the person making the argument, rather than the argument itself. Your post appeared to be taking an unnecessary jab at cloud chasers. If it was not, my apologies.
    I earlier stated my preferences and reasoning behind those preferences. While you've mentioned you like to make clouds, what is it about them that you like? (while "because I can" is a valid answer, for the sake of discussion a more indepth reply would be more insightful)
    I never said anything about liking clouds. Why would you make that assumption?
    My all day vape is an Eleaf Istick 30w with a Lemo Drop at 1.8 ohms set at 15 watts or less, depending on the time of day. I also use two Mini Nautilus tanks at 1.8 ohms usually at 12 watts. I like it because it can be inconspicuous and still satisfy.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
    May 21, 2014
    Miami, FL
    I'll tell you why I like clouds. It's just satisfying to blow a nice big cloud sometimes. But again, that's nothing new. Hookahs have been around for ages, as have waterbongs. Those blow big clouds too.

But more than anything, I like big clouds because I like getting my nicotine quickly at home. More clouds = more juice being vaporized = more nicotine in the body, in less time. I like my MTL too, when I'm out and about. Each style has a time and place, for me. Clouds at home (like my hookah was) and MTL out and about in public. I love to vape, period. I don't care what I'm vaping on, as long as it satisfies. I don't discriminate lol.

Reactions: roxynoodle

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    If that's what you meant, I'll take your word for it. I should probably avoid forums for a while. I know it's not going to happen, but I would like to see people learn to actually discuss the merits of their opinion and the weaknesses of the argument from the other side. That's a debate. Unfortunately, the "debates" on social media quite often become about the character of the person making the argument, rather than the argument itself. Your post appeared to be taking an unnecessary jab at cloud chasers. If it was not, my apologies.

While the unnecessary jab at cloud chasers may of been an unintentional outcome, clearly I don't have a clue as to the motivation behind "cloud chasing" is as I have no interest in doing it.

Sadly it is difficult to impossible to have an actual discussion on internet media without it turning into a debate. In a discussion there is no right or wrong and no winners or losers, just opinions and disagreements.

I never said anything about liking clouds. Why would you make that assumption?

My apologies as I incorrectly gathered from your defense of a perceived 'jab' at cloud chasers that you liked making clouds yourself.

It would appear that if the industry follows the money then more of it (IE: Money) is being spent on new high powered cloud chasing gear than on lower powered (implied less volume of vapor producing) gear. While I'm of the opinion that the local B&M's can't be staying in business because of how much money I spend on juice, tanks, mods and other vaping gear (and others with the same purchasing habits) new lower vapor producing products are not being made because:
    • there is a huge inventory surplus (they've done it already)
    • not enough money is being spent on the non-subohm gear (see inventory surplus above)
    • not enough margin in it (just about everyone MADE at some point M2L gear, the market may of been saturated and drove margins down making designing new gear for that sub-market less profitable)
    • while a 6K-10KmAh Lipo 30W mod might interest some buyers, (and many of the modern mods will "buck" to 10w or even 5w) to get 'all day charge' I resorted to getting a IPV4S with LG Hg2's
    • the lower power/vapor producing abilities of many products are often overshadowed (and over looked) by the high power capabilities
    Personally I'm puffing on a dual NI200 build on a Billow_v1 powered by a IPV4S as I've been typing this. While there is no air flow adjustment I have the temperature turned down for a cool and mellow vape. While it may be considered 'overkill' for the way I'm using it, (and its quite capable of 'fogging' up the room I'm in) used as an example, I can still see across the room just fine and I have little doubt that it will run all day. ;)

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2015
    Virginia
    When i went into a vape shop and still very new,the guy was telling me i was doing it wrong. Told me to lung hit,i cant do it. If i lung hit my mind is looking for something completly different,lol. When i smoke a cig,its mouth to lung and cant vape any other way without confusion,considering i have not had a good "lung hit" for years my mind is just confused....

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2014
    Maryland
    I am starting to think that these people are not vaping to keep themselves off of cigarettes, but just doing it for the sake of producing there enormous clouds.

This is exactly right. Vaping is no longer a way to keep off cigarettes for many people. It is something entirely different. It doesn't need to feel like a cigarette, or taste like a cigarette, or mouth-to-lung like a cigarette. This is no longer a quit-smoking aid. It doesn't need to be. This is a free-choice, just like anything other enjoyable product. It is a great and pleasurable hobby for adults, wonderful and safe. And it feels good and tastes great to lung-hit my RDAs. I love the flavor and I love the vapor. Who cares about cigarettes?

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
    While I personally do not enjoy huge clouds and massive airflow--in fact it is quite a nuisance in public--I happy that there's a wide range of equipment available for those that do and a forum where both sides can bloviate on the virtues of their preference.

I think its a bit silly to buy 3x or more juice with 3x as many chemicals to get the same practical value, but then again I drive an old Nissan even though I can afford better and some people like yellow muscle cars. Tuning a giant engine is just as much of a hobby as me tinkering on my little wooden sailboat. Same with RBA performance.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Let's not confuse how different attys work.

If you enjoy a m2l inhale you won't want big airflow. You just won't get a satisfying to you vape from it. That kind of atty shines with high power and lung inhales. If you try to run it at low power you won't like it probably. You'll think it has poor flavor and performance.

There are plenty of RTAs to suit every kind of vaper. I can name you several m2l low power attys that are brilliant. I can also recommend you several that shine at 20-40W. And a few that are amazing at 50+W. Its a matter of building each for what it does best, and your preferences.

If you don't want high airflow and power, don't buy a Cthulhu, Aromamizer or Billow v2 :). You will hate it.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
    May 21, 2014
    Miami, FL
    While I personally do not enjoy huge clouds and massive airflow--in fact it is quite a nuisance in public--I happy that there's a wide range of equipment available for those that do and a forum where both sides can bloviate on the virtues of their preference.

I think its a bit silly to buy 3x or more juice with 3x as many chemicals to get the same practical value, but then again I drive an old Nissan even though I can afford better and some people like yellow muscle cars. Tuning a giant engine is just as much of a hobby as me tinkering on my little wooden sailboat. Same with RBA performance.
    I agree with you. It's great that any way you want to vape, you can. I like both, clouds and mouth to lung.

I understand where you're coming from with people that buy 3x more juice to get the same effect as you. But I look at anybody that doesn't DIY as silly. So I guess, in a nutshell, no matter how you vape, you're going to look silly to some one lol.

I'm sure someone would tell me that I'm silly to do DIY juice and that I have to much time on my hands, or something (even tho it just took me about 15 mins and ~$5.25 to make 150mls.) I'm just glad we're all doing what we like and not the alternative!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    In the 40 years of smoking, I never saw anyone smoking a cigarette like that .... maybe something else, but that something else sure didn't contain tobacco

I agree. but everyone likes something different.

One of reasons I stuck with cartos was because I like the nice stiff draw. Airy bothers me, I am M-to-Lung and I feel like I have to draw forever to just get enough vapor in mouth to inhale. :lol:

Reactions: Woofer

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    As I stated when I started this thread ... I am a mouth to lung type of vaper.

I used to use an authentic Kayfun Lite-Plus, but I lost it about a week ago and I can't get a replacement authentic Kayfun here in the Philippines, so I am looking to buy something else now.

That Kayfun worked real good for me .... I made a single 28 AWG Kanthal coil built to around 1.8 ohms and fed it 10-12 watts of power (using 50/50 PG-VG juice that was 16mg Nic). Obviously this was used with pretty tight airflow and doing your standard mouth to lung inhales.

I am thinking that I can replace the Kayfun with a Lemo 2 ... Although the Lemo 2 has the capability of a lot more airflow than the Kayfun, it can be adjusted for a tight draw very easily and the build deck seems to be very close in design to the original Kayfun ... The chimney on the Lemo 2 is much larger than what the Kayfun had, but I think the Lemo 2 will still make for a good replacement for my Kayfun that I no longer have.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2014
    Florida
    If you go with a Lemo 2 make sure to get a narrow bore drip tip to pair with it. The one that it comes with is not suitable for tootle poofing.

Good point ... That Lemo 2 drip-tip looks like a fart-pipe some kid might install on his old Honda Civic :D

rearend.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread