DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Gaaah!! I forgot to go... :-x

Oh well, sounds like I didn't miss much.

They did run both yesterday and today (your wristband would have gotten you in for the 2nd day.) There were some give-aways (I never seemed to be in the right place at the right time :p) Couple of guys I'd met shared some of their spoils :) I'm going to PIF the really high nic juice to a new chap to whom I had the pleasure of PIFing from a contest I'd won a month or so ago.

I finally found my ideal setup: a Kbox set at 20W or a mech mod, with either an RDA with a .8 ohm (single or dual) coil or a Kayfun 3.1 set up at 1.1 ohms. An Orchid v4 with a .7 ohm coil build (the lowest I'll go) is OK with high VG juice if I want to blow a few extra clouds.
I tried building my coils at .5-.6 ohms and found the vape was too warm and the juice tasted a bit burnt.

Divine, Miss @catlady60. There's nothing better than finding what works for *YOU*, regardless of what everyone else says is "the best".....

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
The Sig mini is an excellent little mod as you know. :D It works with everything I throw at it, flawlessly.
The Kayfun V4 is amazing as well, if you don't have one yet pick one up for $20, you can't go wrong.
Kayfun V4 Clone by Tobeco

I have a few Kayfun V4's and i really liked them, until I got my first subtank mini and now they are just too restrictive on the airflow. I will still tootle occasionally on one of them for its my lemonaide tank and I have a kayfun lite that I keep for my tangerine vape but both just dont have the airflow I like.

Reactions: TrollDragon

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I have a couple Orchid V4 and a couple V5 and don't have leaks. The way I build and test them is to turn it upside-down and hold my fingers over the air-holes, take a long, strong pull on the drip tip and absolutely no air or juice should come through. This will also give the proper vacuum to the tank to prevent dripping.

I tried everything with them for the flavor was so good I didnt want to just give up on them. Watched dozens of video's on wicking them and still I couldnt get them not to leak. I think thats what caused my Itsick 50 clone to fry. I was using one on it and when it started acting up and then quit I took it apart and it was soaked with juice.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I have a few Kayfun V4's and i really liked them, until I got my first subtank mini and now they are just too restrictive on the airflow. I will still tootle occasionally on one of them for its my lemonaide tank and I have a kayfun lite that I keep for my tangerine vape but both just dont have the airflow I like.
I use the Rose V2 as my daily driver so I don't mind the airflow on it at all. My KF4 has the S-Kit installed which opens it up a little, very similar to the FeV.

BNEAT has done some mods to his KF4... :eek:
SvoёMesto KAYFUN 4 | Page 279 | E-Cigarette Forum

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I tried everything with them for the flavor was so good I didnt want to just give up on them. Watched dozens of video's on wicking them and still I couldnt get them not to leak. I think thats what caused my Itsick 50 clone to fry. I was using one on it and when it started acting up and then quit I took it apart and it was soaked with juice.

I just trim the wick about even with the edge of the deck. Testing the vaccum upside down, prevents problems with bad O-rings, or any air leaks. Once the vacuum is established, they preform brilliantly.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I use the Rose V2 as my daily driver so I don't mind the airflow on it at all. My KF4 has the S-Kit installed which opens it up a little, very similar to the FeV.

BNEAT has done some mods to his KF4... :eek:
SvoёMesto KAYFUN 4 | Page 279 | E-Cigarette Forum

One issue I have always had with the Kayfun V4 is getting the chamber off. No matter how lightly you screw it down, you always need pliers to get it off.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I just trim the wick about even with the edge of the deck. Testing the vaccum upside down, prevents problems with bad O-rings, or any air leaks. Once the vacuum is established, they preform brilliantly.

I have 10 more days here at work but when I get home I will get them out again and re-try them. They are excellent flavor atty's which is why I hated giving up on them but cant handle leaks. With the way I am starting to cough I am going to have to put the TVF4 aside for a while and the Orchid would be a good replacement.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I have 10 more days here at work but when I get home I will get them out again and re-try them. They are excellent flavor atty's which is why I hated giving up on them but cant handle leaks. With the way I am starting to cough I am going to have to put the TVF4 aside for a while and the Orchid would be a good replacement.

Murphey rules....in 10 days, I'll be on the road for a week, little if any net access.
PM me after that if you'received still getting leaking, might be able to assist....;)

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Orchids are my babies. I run V6's but the decks are the same. My Orchids NEVER leak. I'll help you through if you's like. Orchids are what got me hooked on vaping. I spent a million bucks on Nautilus's and Taifuns and you name it but I still struggled. I didn't smoke but I didn't enjoy vaping. The Orchid solved all that. I've since moved up several notches but then back down a couple. A Dremel and some diamond points put the Orchid right back in my sweet spot, .7 and 35w. Chutulu is still the king though. And the Goblin. And the STM. And...................... Basicly anything that fires nicely in the 30-40w range.

I have a clone V4 I'll send for free to anyone who wants it here. No air=no like.

No more modz and tanks for me. Ever. I swear. Yeah righ, JK. Looky what followed me home tonight.

hand7.jpg

Coolfire and Melo.

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO
Orchids are my babies. I run V6's but the decks are the same. My Orchids NEVER leak. I'll help you through if you's like. Orchids are what got me hooked on vaping. I spent a million bucks on Nautilus's and Taifuns and you name it but I still struggled. I didn't smoke but I didn't enjoy vaping. The Orchid solved all that. I've since moved up several notches but then back down a couple. A Dremel and some diamond points put the Orchid right back in my sweet spot, .7 and 35w. Chutulu is still the king though. And the Goblin. And the STM. And...................... Basicly anything that fires nicely in the 30-40w range.

I have a clone V4 I'll send for free to anyone who wants it here. No air=no like.

No more modz and tanks for me. Ever. I swear. Yeah righ, JK. Looky what followed me home tonight.

View attachment 485551

Coolfire and Melo.

I have not tried the melo but the coils work in my silo beast. at 35 watts they rock.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
One issue I have always had with the Kayfun V4 is getting the chamber off. No matter how lightly you screw it down, you always need pliers to get it off.
I just stick a small screwdriver in one of the air holes and off it comes.

Love my Kayfun v4

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Murphey rules....in 10 days, I'll be on the road for a week, little if any net access.
PM me after that if you'received still getting leaking, might be able to assist....;)

I go home for 3 1/2 days, then off to the main office for 3 days of my yearly redundant training then back home for a week. Only bright side to the training is its all overtime. Will try to get to the Orchids during the first three days at home.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
When I said V$ above I meant Kayfun. Was that clear cause I was talking about Kayfun. I can not, and will not, say how much I hate that tank. They do however work as good as they ever will and I will include several rebuild kits.

Baby picture. This is my very first Orchid. Doesn't get the love she deserves but will forever be my baby. I think I actually feel a tear, give me a minute..........

orchid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread