Subox, major restock

Status
Not open for further replies.

torch

Jul 18, 2015
If you want something that we don't have let me know and we can try to bring it in for ya'll.

I am specifically looking for the Kanger e-smart 2.4 ohm 808D-1 threaded clearomizer with long wick. Is that something you can get? I did try the "Crystal CE5 (stardust) clearomizer", advertised as having 808 threading. I like the way it works, however it is too fat and only threads on about 1 turn. I found some Kanger e-smart clearomizers at another Canadian website, which are an acceptable diameter and thread on properly, but that retailer only has the 1.8 ohm with short wicks. Close, but a bit too hot and prone to dry hits unless the wick is kept wet.

torch

Jul 18, 2015
Sonny, you gotta go further back than that. My first TV remote control was the size of a Kleenex box with a separate button for each channel and a 20' cord to reach the couch; we didn't get that until someone invented cable. ;)

I do a lot of tinkering out in the shop. With both hands. I'm used to holding the cigarette in the corner of my mouth while my hands are busy. Can't do that with a big box, which is why I favour the smaller form factor.

I am starting to think I should have gone with the 501 threading though. All the reports I read suggested the 808D was a better battery, so I guess it really is kind of like Betamax...:-x

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Slim 808's with a carto IMO beat everything except convenience. I still use a 808d pcc loaded up if I go somewhere a vaping brick might look suspect.

Yea the 808d is a retro device these days, it's staying power and old time vapers reluctance to give them up speaks volume to the ingenuity. I've went through 500 devices easily(probably 1000's) batteries/tanks/carto's etc. The only one one my desk still beside all the "new best" "air cooled" "dual coil" blah blah blah is the 808d stuff everything else goes into the garbage when it breaks or the drawer of useless vape gear that used to be cool last week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread