Need help with Starre!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Now the istick powers down and won't power up again until it's plugged in with about a 50% battery. This happens after a few hits. Going bonkers trying to figure it out!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I would take a look at the IPVD2..
I just got one and love it!
Its a single 18650..has TC mode to fire Ti and Nickel builds.. 75w available in power mode.. Batt cover slides on ball bearings for quick batt swaps, but can be charged using the supplied charge cord via USB and a 5v wall charger...
Well made and compact. Came with a silicon sleeve too...
Got mine from 101 vape ...Best $50 I spent on vape gear this year...just a thought...[emoji41]
f975af95d093b13cb1197f9097bb52e1.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

DaddyO

Feb 17, 2015
Michigan
Yeah it's probly flooded..
Take it off the mod and shake it with the drip tip pointing down..
When you notice no more juice drops flying out put it back on the mod and fire it taking good deep pulls...hope this helps!

Greatly appreciate the help, I'll report back how it goes

Reactions: smacksy

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
So far so good at 30w, but still making that hiss after I release the fire button for a second. Worried that it's gonna be the same result.

It probly will until you crank up the watts!
I suggest crank it all the way up to 50w and take at least 3 or 4 good deep lung hits and see if you like it better...
3Ow is pretty low for a .2 ohm coil to vape all the juice in the wick...twice that (60w) is what I run mine at with no issues at all...try it and see...good luck!

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Sometimes I've heard that there is a belief that heat from the coils draws eliquid up into your

wicks and so maybe a little increase in the power sometimes helps............lots of variables

with these machines................
I'll agree to that!
Also heat thins the juice some, making wicking even a little faster...good to know if you vape thick VG juice...

Reactions: thetrucker

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
A quick update:

I ordered a TFV4, got it today and got the triple coil all primed and ready to go. Go to take a couple hits, same exact thing the Starre was doing. I'm going to chalk it up to a bad batch of juice and get some new.

Can't help to ask if your still trying to vape these sub tanks at the rather low wattages you posted earlier on your 50w Istick...if so I'd get a better mod ..just a thought ...[emoji12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread