Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I have the cthulhu not the goliath v2. The runs on the cthulhu from what I hear the machining is now much better than when they first started. The v2 of the cthulhu will be released at the end/beginning of the month. I was excited about the goliath v2, but after reading some of the poor reviews I opted not to get one. IMO i would get the cthulhu v2 or the silverplay v2 if you are looking for a high air flow high vg Dripping experience tank.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Consider the Aromamizer as well. Better machining than the Cthulhu and changeable decks. They are taking preorders now for a package that comes with the first 3 post deck and a new Velocity style deck. You can also purchase a different top cap cheaply to easily go from a 6ml to 3ml tank, or vice versa. And you can buy extra decks, glass and vape bands.

Jace75

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015
Consider the Aromamizer as well. Better machining than the Cthulhu and changeable decks. They are taking preorders now for a package that comes with the first 3 post deck and a new Velocity style deck. You can also purchase a different top cap cheaply to easily go from a 6ml to 3ml tank, or vice versa. And you can buy extra decks, glass and vape bands.
Oh I like the idea of a velocity style deck it's so easy even a cack handed doofus like me can build on that. Do you know if the Asian online shops stock it, ie fasttech and the likes.

Ghost13

Feb 18, 2012
Simi Valley
I would get the cthulhu v1 or v2. the aromamizer isn't designed very well from what i read on their facebook page, it's designed in such a way that the airflow isn't directed right to your coils. a few people like it but a lot of people have already shelved theirs.
I havent had any issues with mine.. Its not that hard to line up the airflow with your coils. I do recommend the Aromamizer as out of ALL of my RTA's this one is by far the easiest to coil and wick.

Jace75

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015
I've looked on the steam crave website I'd need to spend 50 dollars to get the 2 post velocity styled Base. I can get 3 cthulhu tanks or 3 goliath v2's is it really 3X better than those two, plus I'm in the UK as we all know the Asians offer free postage I bet our friend across the pond aren't so generous. But I've got to agree it is a lovely looking tank none the less

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
My guess is that he's going for a FT Ctulhu clone. Dude, it's $30 authentic. Don't play clone roulette over $15. Go with the sure thing from a company that will stand behind their product.

When authentics are $50 or less, I have to agree. If you don't like it, at least you can sell it for a small loss. And yes, I know Cthulhu Mods have stood by their products and replaced faulty units.

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
It's probably a solid bet that V1 Cthulhus will be going on a hard sale soon as the V2 is just around the corner. So you might be able to snag one for even less than current asking.

And yeah... if the price difference is $100+ dollars, go with an unbranded clone. If it has problems you can afford to go out and replace o-rings and tanks, or buying new drill bits without ending up paying more than the authentic would have cost you to begin with. At $15 vs $30... different story.

Last edited:

Jace75

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015
Yeah, the FT one is a clone. I don't know why they haven't fixed the listing. I thought I read Smog was giving free worldwide shipping on the v2? You might take a look.
I've just read about the V2 and seen the free postage also, I think this thread is now closed what an amazing tank so glad only got the clone V1. Did I mention the V2 is probably the only tank I will ever need....ever!!!

Until the V3[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread