• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

In light of news from UK,

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyTime

Aug 30, 2015
Reactions: Godgivemevape

Libertarian101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2014
everywhere
Amazing how all the issues cited by MOH have been statistically and scientifically proven as false. Plus the statement by that doc that it's the easy way out etc. if that's the case then all those patches, gums should be illegal as well plus they have such a low success rate. I just posted some links under the [HASHTAG]#improof[/HASHTAG] discussion with really good data supporting the opposite of what MOH cited (they are definitely cherry picking their studies to suit their position). Sigh. I don't think good science can persuade them.

CrystalJeth

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2015
Amazing how all the issues cited by MOH have been statistically and scientifically proven as false. Plus the statement by that doc that it's the easy way out etc. if that's the case then all those patches, gums should be illegal as well plus they have such a low success rate. I just posted some links under the [HASHTAG]#improof[/HASHTAG] discussion with really good data supporting the opposite of what MOH cited (they are definitely cherry picking their studies to suit their position). Sigh. I don't think good science can persuade them.
Yeah man what a shame that they could spit in the face of honest science.. only raises the question of what their agenda is

FantasyTime

Aug 30, 2015
Haha i wrote an email to PMO last week with regards to that study thing and it got forwarded to MOH and they say they are looking into it!! Hopefully will help boost the confidence of the ecig industry

May I ask, would it be better if more people actually wrote to the PMO regarding this? I think it's time to stand up and push for change.

Do let me know how you did it. I might be interested to write in also. Cheers.

Bunnyboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Vape Island
Guys, start by writing in to your MPs. Create the awareness. First step to advocacy is awareness. There is no use if 1 MP brings up the issue and the rest of the parliament knows nothing about it. I'm gonna write in to my MP. Please do so informatively and politely. What we want is to question why the authorities are claiming contradictory statements to what research and even what the UK health authority bodies has proven. We are not pushing for immediate change or legalization. We just want them to be informed rather than be lead blindly by the false allegations of poMOH and HiShAm. Time to start making moves. Before we get "too" silenced to be able to do anything.

CrystalJeth

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2015
Guys, start by writing in to your MPs. Create the awareness. First step to advocacy is awareness. There is no use if 1 MP brings up the issue and the rest of the parliament knows nothing about it. I'm gonna write in to my MP. Please do so informatively and politely. What we want is to question why the authorities are claiming contradictory statements to what research and even what the UK health authority bodies has proven. We are not pushing for immediate change or legalization. We just want them to be informed rather than be lead blindly by the false allegations of poMOH and HiShAm. Time to start making moves. Before we get "too" silenced to be able to do anything.
Is it something one can do anonymously

meowyy

Aug 24, 2015
Well it doesnt have to be annoymous!!
I wrote in stating my clear concern for the nation as the number of smokers has been increasing over the years (maybe due to stress/rising cost of living) and smoking related campaigns e.g. iQuit has limited success rate as they dont really tackle the physical habital aspect of smoking. And as a country with manpower as our greatest asset, smoking would potentially decrease our already limited manpower due to sickness or death. I also stated that it is worrying that something has harmful as cigs are allowed in the market yet e-cigs, proven to be 95% safer are banned!

Just write your honest opinions about e-cigs but of course with evidence to support. Remember that whatever we send must benefit the nation/aid smokers in getting rid of their smoking habit!! It would be good if current smokers can give their opinions about ecig or cite any examples of relatives or friends overseas got over their heavy smoking problem with the use of ecig It would be great if more of us can email them out concern with regards to this issue to raise awareness for this potential nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)!!

From the reply ive gotten from MOH e-cig has yet to receive the green light to be an NRT. Maybe as an individual i cant change anything but if more of us stand out and urge the government to put more effort into researching and understanding this new technology it may benefit us all as a nation :)

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
Agreed. I think too little people understand how vaping works... Even for myself. I knew nothing until I decided to start reading more about vaping...
We need to create an awareness first that vaping is indeed 95% less harmful then ciggs.

However. I sucks at voicing out... I would totally talk to an MP or something but... I just sucks at this kind of things man...

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
Actually guys. I need some info to back myself up.

1) The United Kingdom's public health authority recently issued a report that said e-cigarettes are not only 95 per cent less harmful than regular cigarettes, but also have the potential to help smokers quit.
But despite this stand by Public Health England (PHE)

Firstly is how accurate this report by UK public health authority is? Is it a biased report? And is PHE also a reliable source?

2) According to MOH, the vapour from e-cigarettes still contains cancer-causing agents, which pose a real risk to both users and bystanders.
Is this true? So hard I have not heard anything about this... Other then formaldehyde form at a very high temperature (I remember i saw this somewhere) which is impossible in vaping, and diacetyl which is found in some buttery flavour, are there other cancer causing agent?

3) The PHE finding suggests there is no evidence that e-cigarettes are acting as a gateway to smoking for children and non-smokers. In fact, the study suggests that the opposite is happening - e-cigarettes may be contributing to falling smoking rates among adults and young people.
Again on the reliability of this report... Best if there is other report...

4) The PHE study was released on Aug 19 and led by academics from King's College London and Queen Mary University of London.
Their report prolly comes from here...

5)
Moreover, a report published on Aug 29 in medical journal The Lancet has cast some doubt about PHE's assertion that e-cigarettes are 95 per cent less harmful
This claim, according to The Lancet, originated from a 2014 study in which at least three of its 11 authors had roles in the e-cigarette industry, with one of them having served as a consultant to e-cigarette distributor Arbi Group Srl.

So this means the report is inaccurate and biased? Is there other report supporting PHE?

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Instead of all the back ups you need, why not ask yourself and ask this, where is the real evidence report from hisham and the authorities stating their claims on vaping being harmful, and analogs being a more healthier and unbanned option over ecigs?

They keep blaming and disagreeing with other countries, but have they produced any reports? They are just a bunch of cowards who are blatantly telling the whole world that taxes are their only source of salary, and they will never let anything jeopardise the tobacco industry because they rather see you die as an analog user, and see your loved ones die as second-hand smokers, than to see their salary decrease because taxes drop alot.

Since this is ECF, to the people from all over the world if you are reading this, yes this is like corruption in the so-called beautiful SG that you tourists adore. If the government in your country is finding ways to make lives better for you as citizens, ours is forcing us to loathe the place we were born. And yes, I for one am actively finding ways to get out of this darn little hellhole.

So people from all over the world, think twice before thinking of settling down over in SG. Hell, I would even think thrice about being a tourist here. A mere bottle of mineral water costs 2 bucks when in Canada it sells a carton (24 bottles) for only 1.99! My friend from Germany came over here for a week and told me this: "If I were you, I would have long killed myself than to suffer in this country for 30 over years."

For those who still keep hopes of vaping being legalised here, it isn't gonna happen. If there were even 0.1% of hope of it being legalised, that small little chewing gum ban would have been lifted already. Come on, a small little case of a gum stuck on an MRT train door and a government (who has time and again repeated that they care about their people most), being so petty for 30 years?! Who f**king bans GUM?!

Trust me, even if the entire world legalise it, SG will be the only that will still ban it.

Reactions: Jojo1991

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
Easy mate.. Not worth gettin worked up over what they do.. Or dun do.. Fly under the radar and live my own life is what I do. Can't be bothered with them..
If the roles were reversed and I'm an MP gettin paid tens of thousands a month, I would've done the same thing.
fly under radar also hard sia... so hard to find supplier... haiz... it is these things that make us feel like leaving singapore

CrystalJeth

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2015
Yeah the govt pretty .... about this whole thing.. but i think we should still try and voice our concerns to the mps first(as naive as it sounds) it would be great if we could collab a template right here and maybe place in a sticky so that all of us(including the lurkers ;)) could send it out as a whole community. This would really make it easier to get our message across at least for now

What do yall think?

Reactions: Jojo1991

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
Yeah the govt pretty .... about this whole thing.. but i think we should still try and voice our concerns to the mps first(as naive as it sounds) it would be great if we could collab a template right here and maybe place in a sticky so that all of us(including the lurkers ;)) could send it out as a whole community. This would really make it easier to get our message across at least for now

What do yall think?
Exactly what I was thinking. Rather then digging our memory we could simply refer everything in a thread... with solid evidence/reports or something...

Reactions: CrystalJeth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread