Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Um.........ER..........I don't have a clue where a man would find something like that. ;)

..................... :laugh:

carry on!
wink.gif

Canno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
SE Tennessee, USA
Hi Puf...awhile back in another thread (?innokin)...in a "T3S coil accepting clearomizer" discussion...you mentioned these RBC's.

When I whined about their 1.5ml. capacity...you suggested the 5ml. Hypertank V2.

I got a couple...put in the T3S coils...and they're still in my rotation today...

HyperTank 2
Rats, now I'm thinking of trying a Hyper Tank just for the heck of it. I gotta quit clickin on stuff like that.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Hi Puf...awhile back in another thread (?Innokin)...in a "T3S coil accepting clearomizer" discussion...you mentioned these RBC's.

When I whined about their 1.5ml. capacity...you suggested the 5ml. Hypertank V2.

I got a couple...put in the T3S coils...and they're still in my rotation today...

HyperTank 2

Gerry, how is the flavor and airflow in those? I've got tons of t3s coils I can rebuild forever.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Afternoon everyone and happy weekend! Got a busy one, but just stopped by to catch up on things!

I have a Subtank Nano and I hate it. Way too airy and it seems IMPOSSIBLE to use it for MTL, even with the AF completely restricted. I tried it first with the .5 and didn't care for it (first time sub-ohming). Last night I decided to try it with the 1.2 coil and I think I still hate it. I can use all my GS Airs MTL with no issues. Definitely like them better. I'm thinking of some other variables to try with the Subtank before I just put it away for good. Way too expensive for that. Just one more reason I like my GSAs better! ;)

Well, gotta get ready to head to the local sweet corn festival. Enjoy your day, fellow Airheads! :)
Have you tried replacing the drip tip with one you have that has a smaller inner diameter? I used my drip tip on a friends subtank mini with the air flow turned down and I thought that helped a lot.

Reactions: AllElseFailed

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I have a Kayfun V2 plus kit with a nano, cotton, and Kanthal on a slow boat from China from Fasttech. Shineyitus has set in, its been a whole month! :w00t: It's become obvious I'm gonna have to build to get what I want. Though with cooler weather my naughty mini's and GS Airs are doing nicely. Oh I also bought a cheap plume dripper clone at madvapes but that was for play lol. Sure is messy :yawn: but great flavor
Next month I want an Ataman Titanium and an Achilles clone :shock:

Reactions: Oregon Linda

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
OK... quick word of advice (that's probably totally obvious to eveyone but me)... if you swap tanks on a mod, and one tank is a Subtank Mini that you vape at 40 watts (see where this is headed yet?) and the other is a GS Air M that you vape at 27 watts, do NOT forget to drop wattage when swapping to the Air tank... BLEH! I hate dry hits! And this was a whopper! I'm gonna taste that for a while...
Haha I did that with swapping from my new fangled dripper at 25 w to my naughty mini which usually runs at 8 :eek:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Have you tried replacing the drip tip with one you have that has a smaller inner diameter? I used my drip tip on a friends subtank mini with the air flow turned down and I thought that helped a lot.
That won't help too much, I'm afraid. The 1.2 ohm coil that comes with the Nano still has massive internal airflow and juice flow... just a higher resistance coil. Restricting air flow at the base and/or tip will only cause it to flood out and/or create a really weak and hot vape. Even then, it's still a really airy draw.

What will fix this issue is the newer vertical 1.5 ohm coils. They use a smaller diameter vertical coil and restrict the airflow right at the vaporizing source. They also reduce juice flow with small metal restrictors around the circumfrence of the HUGE juice channels. Without restricting both the coil air flow and the juice flow, just dropping the air flow in the AFC ring or by installing a tighter drip tip will make for a hot, wispy MTL hit with little else other than a massive throat hit. Not particularly satisfying. By restricting the airflow with a smaller diameter coil, they've effectively created tighter airflow throughout the entire clearo. It provides a nice, tight draw and satisfying vapor output.

That said, the 1.5 ohm coils actually are pretty nice for MTL hits and support fairly low power levels, right down to a tootle puffing 10 watts (or all the way up to 26 watts, if you like). The 1.2 ohm coils simply can't do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
That won't help too much, I'm afraid. The 1.2 ohm coil that comes with the Nano still has massive internal airflow and juice flow... just a higher resistance coil. Restricting air flow at the base and/or tip will only cause it to flood out and/or create a really weak and hot vape. Even then, it's still a really airy draw.

What will fix this issue is the newer vertical 1.5 ohm coils. They use a smaller diameter vertical coil and restrict the airflow right at the vaporizing source. They also reduce juice flow with small metal restrictors around the circumfrence of the HUGE juice channels. Without restricting both the coil air flow and the juice flow, just dropping the air flow in the AFC ring or by installing a tighter drip tip will make for a hot, wispy MTL hit with little else other than a massive throat hit. Not particularly satisfying. By restricting the airflow with a smaller diameter coil, they've effectively created tighter airflow throughout the entire clearo. It provides a nice, tight draw and satisfying vapor output.

That said, the 1.5 ohm coils actually are pretty nice for MTL hits and support fairly low power levels, right down to a tootle puffing 10 watts (or all the way up to 26 watts, if you like). The 1.2 ohm coils simply can't do that.
Good points the 1.5 ohm coil does have a smaller inner diameter. A smaller diameter drip tip also reduces the flow through the entire clearomizer ya know - same flow path ;). I've put tighter tips on several devices with good results :)

Reactions: Canno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread