Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
That tip is a perfect match for the dolphin. Did Phiniac do the graphic design on your tank? BTW, I have the same tip, 2 in fact but different colors and love them. :)

Thanks, T. The color's are actually a little bit off, but Kat somehow made her's work. I think the TwoPuffs thingie played into that a bit. I'll use it with the Dolphin tank, on occasion, but it will probably find more use with some of my other stuff. The green is darker and the orange is deeper (than on the tank).

And yes, they did the design. Chris, apparently, is a huge Dolphins fan. The name Phiniac stands for "Dolphins Maniac".

When I saw the carto tank, I asked if they could do it in a Kabuki. @moorea said they could, and did it very quickly for us.

Which color combo did you get? I'm hoping to get more if he makes them. I LOVE some of the colors on DV's site.

To be honest, I only ordered these because they were the only ones Eric had left by the time I got there. I hadn't bought from him in quite a while (my family members do, but I hadn't needed anything he carried), and liked them enough that I wanted to buy them from him. So I did.

It was before even seeing the Dolphins tank, much less thinking they'd go together. I'm eyeing mine to marry up with a black mod that we're hoping to receive in 4-6 weeks. I like those colors with black.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Thanks, T. The color's are actually a little bit off, but Kat somehow made her's work. I think the TwoPuffs thingie played into that a bit. I'll use it with the Dolphin tank, on occasion, but it will probably find more use with some of my other stuff. The green is darker and the orange is deeper (than on the tank).

And yes, they did the design. Chris, apparently, is a huge Dolphins fan. The name Phiniac stands for "Dolphins Maniac".

When I saw the carto tank, I asked if they could do it in a Kabuki. @moorea said they could, and did it very quickly for us.

Which color combo did you get? I'm hoping to get more if he makes them. I LOVE some of the colors on DV's site.

To be honest, I only ordered these because they were the only ones Eric had left by the time I got there. I hadn't bought from him in quite a while (my family members do, but I hadn't needed anything he carried), and liked them enough that I wanted to buy them from him. So I did.

It was before even seeing the Dolphins tank, much less thinking they'd go together. I'm eyeing mine to marry up with a black mod that we're hoping to receive in 4-6 weeks. I like those colors with black.

I believe the name Phiniac is the name of a favorite vacation island that Jen loved. Check with Chris on that. Jen can't post outside her own thread.

The 2 tips I have like those are gray and white swirl and the other is a raspberry color. I have many of Lewis's tip. :)

Wait til you see the Phiniac dolphin logo on my sub tank plus. I love dolfins and I really like there new dolphin logo. Did you know there daughter designed it? I haven't ordered it yet because I'm broke but Jen says she can do it when I'm ready.

Since I'm not spending money on tips now I'm spending it on Phiniac's mod etchings. They did a great job on 3 of my mods.

Sorry @gormly for hi-jacking Lewis's thread but he isn't here to complain. :D

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
tm, I love Lewis' work as well, and as I said, I would love to see my teensy collection grow a bit. Please do post your pics of the gray/white swirl and the raspberry! Love to see them.

Thank you, DPL. Yes, the colors are a bit off, but for whatever reason, they are not off-putting. Perhaps it tiz that little separation from the 2Puffs that just allows it all to flow together. Whatever it is, I like it!

And of course, huge thank yous to Eric for carrying the Pinnz.

An even bigger thank you to you, DPL.

Very interesting stories on the origins of the Phiniacs. I knew a bit about the island reference, but we just recently learned of Chris' fondness for a particular teal and orange Floridian team. ;)

AHA! We both know the dolphin logo! At least I believe we do. I'll let DPL spill his own beans on THAT subject! And of course we'll look forward to seeing your new sub tank when you do get it. That's it. NO MORE CLASSIES for you, young lady!! Save up for that tank! :D

Which mods did you have done?

And now I'm the one veering off track here. Perhaps we need to topic this stuff in another thread?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Realizing I was clogging a thread inappropriately (what a surprise), TM & I went Convo last night, Kat.

She's up to speed (beans spilt), and she filled me in with some cool nuggets too. I'll bring you "up" too (later).

SINCERE APOLOGIES for the clog-up here, Lewis & EG. Sometimes my brains escape me.

whokrz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
ca
I have been away for much longer than I had anticipated. I am sorry that I didn't come here sooner and let everyone know, it kept looking like next week I will have the time. My plan was to be in the shop playing with the lathes months ago and putting in about half the hours that I used to. Unfortunately unexpected things kept coming up that require my spare time. I wanted to let everyone know we are alive and well.

Over the last week I started to have limited time to make it into the shop. I was able to clean out stuff that was being temporarily stored and was able to finish tearose's captive ring tip. This Sunday I was expecting to have a few hours to start install parts on the cnc lathe that I ordered months ago. I was finally getting back to the shop, which was awesome even though it was only for a hour here and there. Coming home from work yesterday the rear differential in my truck let go. Now my shop time will be spent installing the spare so I can get to work. The spare has different gears which makes it impossible to use 4wd and go camping. Instead of having epensive gears installed I will put that money toward finishing a stronger axle that has been sitting for years.

Eventually I will have spare time again to play in the shop but I am not sure when that will be. I am hoping for sooner rather than later, but later is probably the reality.

Here is the picture of tearose's captive ring tip that should have been finished months ago. Tearose if you could pm your shipping info I will drop it in the mail. There is no need for payment, I am just glad I had a little time to have fun playing on the lathe.

5e77953be0d2b0e931f1dd7db417e669.jpg

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
What a wonderful surprise! It is simply beautiful. I am honored to be able to receive this custom hand done captive ring tip.

So glad you found the time to touch base here at ECF and like others, I look forward to shopping at Discount Vapers for more or your creations in the coming months.

Wishing you all the best in your auto fixing adventures.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I have been away for much longer than I had anticipated. I am sorry that I didn't come here sooner and let everyone know, it kept looking like next week I will have the time. My plan was to be in the shop playing with the lathes months ago and putting in about half the hours that I used to. Unfortunately unexpected things kept coming up that require my spare time. I wanted to let everyone know we are alive and well.

Over the last week I started to have limited time to make it into the shop. I was able to clean out stuff that was being temporarily stored and was able to finish tearose's captive ring tip. This Sunday I was expecting to have a few hours to start install parts on the cnc lathe that I ordered months ago. I was finally getting back to the shop, which was awesome even though it was only for a hour here and there. Coming home from work yesterday the rear differential in my truck let go. Now my shop time will be spent installing the spare so I can get to work. The spare has different gears which makes it impossible to use 4wd and go camping. Instead of having epensive gears installed I will put that money toward finishing a stronger axle that has been sitting for years.

Eventually I will have spare time again to play in the shop but I am not sure when that will be. I am hoping for sooner rather than later, but later is probably the reality.

Here is the picture of tearose's captive ring tip that should have been finished months ago. Tearose if you could pm your shipping info I will drop it in the mail. There is no need for payment, I am just glad I had a little time to have fun playing on the lathe.

5e77953be0d2b0e931f1dd7db417e669.jpg

That's abstolutely beautiful, Lewis! I wish you the best and do hope you find the time to play in the shop again soon. Best wishes with the truck!

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com

Beautiful tip, my friend. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Wow, that is one beautiful tip! I'm glad to see everyone hanging together and waiting for the next batch, whenever that may be since I feel confident there will be a next batch and Lewis will have the time soon. Till then, I'll just keep checking in once in a while.

This thread is not dead!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread