Coil problems with the Subox Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSOC

Jul 10, 2015
I recently replaced the stock 1.5ohm coil that came with the kit because the vapor production was decreasing and I was getting a bit of a burnt taste. I bought a pack of 1.2ohm Kanger OCC coils, took one out, primed it, let it sit in a full tank for like 20 minutes and started to vape. Flavor was there but almost no vapor production. At first I thought it might be a dud, so I tossed the coil and followed the same procedure with a new coil. Same problem.

I'm a mouth to lung guy so I always have the airflows completely closed, but I needed some vapor so I open it up and it worked fine. Problem is, after about 10 or so hits the tank floods.

I am now on my third (new) 1.2ohm Kanger OCC coil and the same thing is happening again. Almost no vapor doing mouth to lung, decent vapor when doing straight to lung but the tank floods.

Did I get a bad batch of coils or am I doing something wrong? What I want is to have the same amazing mouth to lung experience I had with the 1.5ohm coil that came with the subox kit.

Thanks!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Did you turn the wattage up after using the 1.5 ohm? Sometimes when the power isn't up enough it can cause excess juice. I vape the 1.2 ohm mouth to lung on the Sub Mini around 18 watts. The 1.5 vertical coil is more airy than the horizontal 1.2 ohm, I use the single hole opening.

Reactions: JSOC

JSOC

Jul 10, 2015
Thanks for the replies everyone. I found a solution. With the 1.5ohm I had the air-holes completely closed off for a super tight draw but for some reason this doesn't seem to work well with the 1.2ohm. I opened the air intake to the smallest setting with the 1.2, and at 20.5w finally got the clouds back!!!! :) It's probably going to take a day or two to get used to a more "airy" mouth-to-lung hit but that's a small price to pay for more flavor and better vapor production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread