What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I wrote this post a few days ago but must not have posted it. I think the main issue with the US market is distribution. I think BT has much of the convenience store market locked up. General is only in the independent stores and a few of the decent sized franchises, but not the most popular. That makes it harder to get market share and entice smaller companies to take a chance in the US.

On a different note, I made the big mistake of doing my snowblower mod on Sunday. I got it finished yesterday in 90 plus degree heat but it turned out much more difficult than I anticipated. The impeller blades were over 1/4 inch of ten year old steel that I had to drill from 10 inches above. It's done and now I have to wait until we get one of those wet sticky snows to see how well it works.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The most common stores here that carry general are Quik Trip and they are probably the most popular gas station/ convenience store around. They have tons of stores all over the place. I pass two on the way to work. The shop that I've been buying at is just a discount smoke shop and I go there because it's cheaper. It's a little inconvenient but I just buy everything they have each time I go.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    More and more gas stations around me carry General brands, but Meijer gas stations started it first. When I started using snus I use to buy it from a Cigar store that carried limited quantities, but it was expensive, like $5.50 a can. Now the gas station down the road, a Citgo, carries it at $1.99 a can. I just buy them out whenever I see them restock. I have about four rolls of General Original in the freezer now along with a couple rolls of Mint.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I rarely, if ever, get outside of this thread in the ecf forum. Being bored today at work, I was surprised to see other new threads in the smokeless section. I guess I should take a look around more often. I'm still using a Kayfun RBA and Cloupor mod. Might be some new fancy vaper stuff I should research. ;)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I just picked up a kayfun 4. It's a pretty good improvement over my kfl+ attys. It's top fill and so far no leaking. I usually get a lot of moisture under my kayfuns where they meet the pv. I assume it's from residual vapor and not actually leaking but sometimes they are a real mess underneath.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have been running three kfl+ for a while now and all three do the same thing. I just got the kayfun 4 yesterday so you may want to wait until I've used it a week or so to give you some feedback. Someone on the diy eliquid thread gave me the link. Here it is if you want to take a look.

Kayfun V4 Clone by Tobeco

Reactions: The Rebel

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got the tobeco kayfun 4 and have had it apart and back together with no problems. I've been running three kfl +v2's for a few months and they work ok but build up liquid underneath. I would recommend watching pbusardo's video on the kayfun 4. It goes in depth on assembly.

Reactions: firechick

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    The Kayfun 4 sounds promising Hitt. I may have to check it out. I was never a cloud chaser and always put taste above vapor production and my Kayfun delivers outstanding flavor. Just hate cleaning up after it every time I fill the tank. I can do RDAs at home but not when I'm on the road or at work. Too much of a hassle. Now I'm reading up on temperature control and how it's the next big thing. Tech is moving so fast that it's hard to keep up. Good thing snus just keeps plugging along. ;)

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I haven't tried temp control either and am not really that concerned with it. I never get dry hits and don't vape over 16 watts hardly ever. The video is really helpful on the kayfun. You have to turn the bottom before you unscrew the top to fill so you don't leak liquid and you'd probably never find the airflow control under the center pin if you didn't already know about it. It's not that big of a deal because I get the airflow set on a device and leave it. It's just part of the initial setup for me.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    If you like RDA's but not the hassle, look into bottomfeeders. You can use easily available RDA's modified for bottomfeeders or even the standard old school disposable 510 attys.

Take it from me, I'm as lazy as they come. I just fill the on board bottle and toss in a new battery before I head to work and vape all day.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Well hello Waho, how's the heat treating you in the factory? I about melted today when I went out for lunch, a tad bit steamy out there. I had a few bottom feeders back in the day, both wooden expensive pieces. I liked them but they just weren't practical for use outside of the house. I haven't even consider another one with the advent of tanks and VV/VW. Shows how much I'm paying attention to the tech advancements. Any good ones out there I should check out?

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    It's about as hot as the devils rear end after taco night, but I'm surviving :D.

I've got a few nice wooden ones for home use too, outside the house it's my trusty Reo Grand. Always in stock, Rob has great customer service and there's attys available right on his website. Solid high quality mech bottomfeeders.

For regulated, there's sunboxes, svapmios (sp?), vapor flask squonk, tmod customs and chowderhead has his coming out soon. They're all fairly expensive though, $300+.

There's some China made ones now too, the only one I can remember off the top of my head is the Geyscano. 50w regulated and I think it comes with an atty.

Users who are viewing this thread