Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Ooooh it's gorgeous! What color are you going to set the LED to? How long until we get to see it in action? Are you as excited as I am?!?! I haven't even had any coffee today and I am all amped up, lol. :D
Well, obviously I would have to set the color to purple....otherwise I would never hear the end of it from @redrebel821

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I hope so! BTW, there is a little pond here at the hotel. Might have to go out and see if I can find any FRAWGS today! :banana:
All my shubunkin in my small pond outside died over the winter, so now frogs have taken over the pond. Last check there were 7 frogs in there.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I told em the other that spam was so yesterday! The new spam is
View attachment 485628

Urgh... just looking at the picture on that can made my stomach lurch... That much Spam would bounce back on me. :cry:

Good morning, all! I'm 7 or 8 pages behind today, but I'll try to catch up soon. I need to post some pictures of Chicklet and her new house. I've had them for a couple days now, but I've been so busy I haven't had time.

I saw a reference to something about ZZ Top back there, and all I can say is.... "She's got wings, and she knows how to use them!" LOL! Yes, little Miss Chicklet is learning to launch herself. She is SO DANG CUTE!

~Lannie

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Funny story!
Yesterday I kept hearing something bumpin into the wall outside! So, I went out to check to see what could be making all the noise. When I opened the door, I hear, what sounds like a cat, in my flowers. I'm thinking the neighbors cat got out again. I walked to the end of the flowers and the damn thing turned and ran the other way! I walk back towards the front door and I hear it hit the flower box in the corner, mind you I have yet to see what I'm chasing!
I went in and got Ninja to come help me find this unseen monster making all this noise!
Ninja moved the flower box, when he did, a frickin lizard about 14" long zoomed passed my foot! Yes! I screamed just like a lil ole bitty girl and laughed at the same time!

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota

OMG, that is one broke puppy, for sure! LOL!

Before I go (not done with morning chores yet), I have a "broke puppy" story. My ex and I went hunting one year, and rather than put Ninja (our Dobie) in a kennel for the week, my younger brother offered to keep him. He LOVED that dog! LOL! So while we were gone, the two boys had a lot of fun, including going for looooong runs, my brother on his bike, Ninja running alongside. When we got back and I called my little bro to arrange to pick Ninny up, he was almost in tears, and said, "I'm so SORRY, I broke your dog!" I couldn't figure out what the heck he was talking about until he brought him over and showed me. Ninny had worn the pads clean off his feet on that long run, but never once complained or wanted to stop. My brother was horrified when they got back and he saw the blood and raw skin. Ninja was fine, though, I put Neosporin on his feet for a few days and kept him inside or on soft grass (they had been running on pavement, which Ninny wasn't used to) and he healed up quick. My poor brother, though, I don't think he EVER recovered from his guilt at "hurting his favorite doggie friend."

~Lannie

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Well, obviously I would have to set the color to purple....otherwise I would never hear the end of it from @redrebel821
Awww, that's so cute...but I don't expect my oneness for purple to extend to everyone. But, if you could just do it one, and get a pic so I can drool.....

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
OK, so I couldn't wait and just put the half charged batteries in there. I have another set charging now so I'll swap out when those are done. Here are my initial impressions:

1. The device came with temp control enabled, so I did not have to pay an extra $2.99 for that. It did, however, offer me titanium mode for $0.49 (@USMCotaku would like that), so I purchased that over Paypal (this is through the Android app). So the mod now has ni200, stainless, and titanium profiles in there now. I should add that while you don't need the app, you definitely want to use the app. It is so much easier to set up. And here I've always complained about how the SX Mini menu system was a pain to use. This menu system makes the SX Mini seem simple by comparison.

2. This thing is freaking big. Just about 1/8 of an inch shorter than the Sigelei 150 TC (when you consider the higher height at the 510 connector), same height as the Snow Wolf 200. but wider. It feels like holding a pack of cigarettes in your hand.....and we're talking 100's, not kings.

3. I'm not sure if I like having the entire fire button being one side of the mod. You kinda have to hold the mod between your thumb and palm, keeping your fingers off of the fire button/panel otherwise it will continue to fire. The fire button doesn't require a considerable amount of force to push.

4. It does have variable modes of min, soft, normal, hard and max. I suspect these modes are an easy way to vary the wattage up or down when in TC mode, since I don't see an easy way to change the wattage. In TC mode, only the temperature is visible on the screen and the + and - buttons just adjusts the temperature up and down.

5. One thing which is pretty cool about the smartphone app is you can have it open on your smartphone, at the main window for the mod, and when you vape on it, the real time data for temp, time of vape, resistance, voltage, etc. appears on the screen, albeit with about a 1 second lag.

6. I put the Freemax Starre Pro onto it and it seems to vape fine, and the temp control definitely works. Once it hit my preset temp, a temp protection warning message popped on the screen, and then about a half second later it changed back to temp and it continued to vape.

7. If you shake the mod, the + and - button at the top rattles a bit, and the battery door cover will move a bit, but the battery door cover won't come off by itself. The magnets are hold the door pretty securely. When putting the battery door back on, once the door is about halfway on, the magnet will actually pull the door almost shut.

Last edited:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Awww, that's so cute...but I don't expect my oneness for purple to extend to everyone. But, if you could just do it one, and get a pic so I can drool.....
I tried to get a pic, but the LED shuts off fairly quick, and the color doesn't seem to come out very well in pictures (it looks almost white).

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
OMG, that is one broke puppy, for sure! LOL!

Before I go (not done with morning chores yet), I have a "broke puppy" story. My ex and I went hunting one year, and rather than put Ninja (our Dobie) in a kennel for the week, my younger brother offered to keep him. He LOVED that dog! LOL! So while we were gone, the two boys had a lot of fun, including going for looooong runs, my brother on his bike, Ninja running alongside. When we got back and I called my little bro to arrange to pick Ninny up, he was almost in tears, and said, "I'm so SORRY, I broke your dog!" I couldn't figure out what the heck he was talking about until he brought him over and showed me. Ninny had worn the pads clean off his feet on that long run, but never once complained or wanted to stop. My brother was horrified when they got back and he saw the blood and raw skin. Ninja was fine, though, I put Neosporin on his feet for a few days and kept him inside or on soft grass (they had been running on pavement, which Ninny wasn't used to) and he healed up quick. My poor brother, though, I don't think he EVER recovered from his guilt at "hurting his favorite doggie friend."

~Lannie
Oh, no....I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
OK, so I couldn't wait and just put the half charged batteries in there. I have another set charging now so I'll swap out when those are done. Here are my initial impressions:

1. The device came with temp control enabled, so I did not have to pay an extra $2.99 for that. It did, however, offer me titanium mode for $0.49 (@USMCotaku would like that), so I purchased that over Paypal (this is through the Android app). So the mod now has ni200, stainless, and titanium profiles in there now. I should add that while you don't need the app, you definitely want to use the app. It is so much easier to set up. And here I've always complained about how the SX Mini menu system was a pain to use. This menu system makes the SX Mini seem simple by comparison.

2. This thing is freaking big. Just about 1/8 of an inch shorter than the Sigelei 150 TC (when you consider the higher height at the 510 connector), same height as the Snow Wolf 200. but wider. It feels like holding a pack of cigarettes in your hand.....and we're talking 100's, not kings.

3. I'm not sure if I like having the entire fire button being one side of the mod. You kinda have to hold the mod between your thumb and palm, keeping your fingers off of the fire button/panel otherwise it will continue to fire. The fire button doesn't require a considerable amount of force to push.

4. It does have variable modes of min, soft, normal, hard and max.

5. One thing which is pretty cool about the smartphone app is you can have it open on your smartphone, at the main window for the mod, and when you vape on it, the real time data for temp, time of vape, resistance, voltage, etc. appears on the screen, albeit with about a 1 second lag.

6. I put the Freemax Starre Pro onto it and it seems to vape fine, and the temp control definitely works. Once it hit my preset temp, a temp protection warning message popped on the screen, and then about a half second later it changed back to temp and it continued to vape.

7. If you shake the mod, the + and - button at the top rattles a bit, and the battery door cover will move a bit, but the battery door cover won't come off by itself. The magnets are hold the door pretty securely. When putting the battery door back on, once the door is about halfway on, the magnet will actually pull the door almost shut.
I think it's too advanced and too big for me....lol....

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Here is a pic of it firing. You can make out a little bit of the purple at the top and bottom. It is a nicer shade of purple when you look at it live.
20150831_133912.jpg

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Here is a pic of it firing. You can make out a little bit of the purple at the top and bottom. It is a nicer shade of purple when you look at it live.
View attachment 485911
Lol...thanks! I'm happy now...I'm kinda spoiled here, aren't I?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I think it's too advanced and too big for me....lol....
After pondering the firing button, I can see that this mod might come in handy for someone with arthritic hands. Since you don't need to use your index finger (or your thumb, depending on how you hold it), it might be easier and less painful to just squeeze your hand together.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
After pondering the firing button, I can see that this mod might come in handy for someone with arthritic hands. Since you don't need to use your index finger (or your thumb, depending on how you hold it), it might be easier and less painful to just squeeze your hand together.

Hmmm, that's something to keep in mind!

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
View attachment 485911
I'm sitting here picturing that with a Star Wars wrap that makes the led look like a lightsaber.. Someone needs to get on that.:lol:

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
HI!!!!

I am dying my daughters hair pastel blue today. It came out such a pretty shade of pale light blond after using the toner that it was almost painful for me to apply the blue!!

My tooth is driving me crazy!!! It is not a toothache but more like a sensitive exposed nerve feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread