Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've been a fan of HOH products for a long time. If I ever need service they're only 6 miles down the road. Unfortunately though I've never needed service so I just go there to visit :D

I've had some unique challenges getting things there, but that's by no means a deterrent for me to buy more.

In fact, it was so much fun that I kind of hope I have to send something ELSE back, simply for the entertainment value.

If I were as close as you are, I'd be in some trouble. So I'm glad that I have USPS to fall back on (aka "be entertained by").

turnipshoe

Jul 6, 2015
India
image.jpg
Ok since its Sunday evening out here and we are talking about the gin convention, this one's for you guys

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Kat, Enaud, Longo: Thanks to all for your help and suggestions. I'll probably go a head an order a P3 Ti sometime this week. I'll check out and if I notice a big difference, I'll probably order a second one next pay period.

A couple of questions for the group... I'm guessing that since this is under the ProVape section that most folks here use Provaris. Do you use any other mods on a regular basis? If so, which ones. And what tanks get the most use? Kat, I know said you use Nautiluses. The full-size or the Mini? That was my mainstay for a long time, but then I started getting tons of bad coils. They'd get nasty after 10mls or less of 50/50 juice and then leak down into the bottom well. The ones I've been using with the Kubuki tanks came directly from Aspire. Maybe that's the answer?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Kat, Enaud, Longo: Thanks to all for your help and suggestions. I'll probably go a head an order a P3 Ti sometime this week. I'll check out and if I notice a big difference, I'll probably order a second one next pay period.

A couple of questions for the group... I'm guessing that since this is under the ProVape section that most folks here use Provaris. Do you use any other mods on a regular basis? If so, which ones. And what tanks get the most use? Kat, I know said you use Nautiluses. The full-size or the Mini? That was my mainstay for a long time, but then I started getting tons of bad coils. They'd get nasty after 10mls or less of 50/50 juice and then leak down into the bottom well. The ones I've been using with the Kubuki tanks came directly from Aspire. Maybe that's the answer?

Hi Juma. Yes, I use many other mods on a regular basis, which is why I didn't go for the P3 threaded one (I only have one with such threading). Kat uses even more than I do (way more, in fact).

We've both had very good luck with our coils, and get the majority from either MyFreedomSmokes or Sweet-Vapes. I tried some supposedly authentic ones from FastTech, but I haven't made my mind up yet if I trust them completely. No issues to speak of, but...

My main mods, in addition to the many Provis, are a couple of Cool Fire IV's, a couple of older Australian mods named EPM, and we're expecting the arrival of XvoSticks sometime in the next week or two. Other than that, I use Billet Boxes (mainly for out & about). But they have internal tanks so they're irrelevant to this conversation.

The Kabukis work great on all of the other mods that I use. They're inter-changeable, which is exactly what I wanted when I ordered both with 510 threading.

I hope this helped, even if just a bit. :)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

Well, look at my location and that pretty much sums it up for me...but, there is that old Lavatube sitting on my bench for dry burning coils and checking resistances when re-building :) I'm no help on tanks, I'm still running ProTank 2's with aerobases on re-built coils.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I, too have a selection of mods and tanks.

My Kabuki's are my most used tanks; Next, and gravitating to back up status, is a draw between Nauti's (both sizes), Cero tank (uses Aspire BVC) and the GS Air tanks. (No more rebuildables in my rotation these days and temperature control is only a novelty at this point.)

My ProVi's (both P3 and 2.5's, especially the Ti's) are my most used these days, but I also quite enjoy a fun selection of small regulated inexpensive box mods I've acquired this past year. You see, I have this "thing" for small comfy light weight mods and 2015 has certainly provided me with plenty of buying opportunities. :lol: The adorable rounded Heatvape Defender (Black Peacock finish, of course), is my favorite.....but the iSticks, Coolfire IV and IPV mini have certainly made it into my rotation, especially for "out and about".

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

JUMA, you're most welcome, and I'm guessing you're going to love the P3 Ti! When EVER I pick it up to vape, I'm consistently reminded just how special of a device it really is.

I do of course use several Provis, and in addition, my line up is not dissimilar to DPLongo's. In addition to the Provis, I use a couple of EPMs (the Australian mod he mentioned), Billet Boxes, and a selection of Mamu's mods. For light- easy- small- out- and- about devices, I rely on my CoolFire4, an occasional iStick (again, have several), and the "lowly" Innokin iTazte V3s (a HIGHLY underrated device, imo). Those are my "in use" mods. I won't even mention the ones that are simply my vape herstory and will be placed lovingly on a shelf (soon as I can make some space).

For tanks, I favor (in order) my Kabukis, my Nautilus (both regular and minis), my Cerotanks, and lastly my GS Airs. I have not experienced a ton of bad coils. In fact, for me it's a rarity to have a dud. I do tend to use coil friendly vliquids. I vape NiteLiteVapor most of the time, and their liquids are all 65/35 PG/VG, and super coil friendly. I can only guess that makes a difference.

Try the sites that DPL suggested for replacement heads They haven't steered us wrong over the last year, so I'm also giving them a thumbs up.

Keep us posted, please?

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Hi Juma. Yes, I use many other mods on a regular basis, which is why I didn't go for the P3 threaded one (I only have one with such threading). Kat uses even more than I do (way more, in fact).

We've both had very good luck with our coils, and get the majority from either MyFreedomSmokes or Sweet-Vapes. I tried some supposedly authentic ones from FastTech, but I haven't made my mind up yet if I trust them completely. No issues to speak of, but...

My main mods, in addition to the many Provis, are a couple of Cool Fire IV's, a couple of older Australian mods named EPM, and we're expecting the arrival of XvoSticks sometime in the next week or two. Other than that, I use Billet Boxes (mainly for out & about). But they have internal tanks so they're irrelevant to this conversation.

The Kabukis work great on all of the other mods that I use. They're inter-changeable, which is exactly what I wanted when I ordered both with 510 threading.

I hope this helped, even if just a bit. :)

Longo, I too am using several Cool Fire IV's, in addition to a coupe of MVP 3.0s. The Cool Fires were my out-and-about units. I paired them with Kanger Subtank bases and plastic bell caps. Worked great until it got hot. After they'd been in my briefcase for a couple of hours in the AC, whenever I'd walk outside with the temp above about 90F, which it always is in August in central Texas, they'd start leaking and making a big mess. Same thing with the Joyetech eGo ONEs. The only tanks I've found that don't leak in that circumstance are the Aspires and the Kabuki.

My goal, and don't ask me why as I cannot really explain it, is to replace all of my built-in battery units with built-in battery mods. That way I'll know the quality of battery and the safety. Right now I'm using AWs that I bought either from RTD or ProVape. I have an Aspire Pegasus on order from Sweet-Vapes. I'm going to try it out as a replacement for the one MVP I keep for the few times I sub-ohm. And I did order a P3 Ti. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I too prefer removable batteries, but am "OK" with Innokin stuff, as a rule. But yes, extreme heat is not a great mix with built-in lipo batteries.

RTD and ProVape are both great sources for batteries. Another I like a lot is an older flashlight-battery company named Orbtronic.

18650 Batteries | Rechargeable Li-ion | Battery Chargers

Congrats on your P3 and good luck with it! That Stealth Ti is certainly making my hand twitch a bit. ;)

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
JUMA, you're most welcome, and I'm guessing you're going to love the P3 Ti! When EVER I pick it up to vape, I'm consistently reminded just how special of a device it really is.

I do of course use several Provis, and in addition, my line up is not dissimilar to DPLongo's. In addition to the Provis, I use a couple of EPMs (the Australian mod he mentioned), Billet Boxes, and a selection of Mamu's mods. For light- easy- small- out- and- about devices, I rely on my CoolFire4, an occasional iStick (again, have several), and the "lowly" Innokin iTazte V3s (a HIGHLY underrated device, imo). Those are my "in use" mods. I won't even mention the ones that are simply my vape herstory and will be placed lovingly on a shelf (soon as I can make some space).

For tanks, I favor (in order) my Kabukis, my Nautilus (both regular and minis), my Cerotanks, and lastly my GS Airs. I have not experienced a ton of bad coils. In fact, for me it's a rarity to have a dud. I do tend to use coil friendly vliquids. I vape NiteLiteVapor most of the time, and their liquids are all 65/35 PG/VG, and super coil friendly. I can only guess that makes a difference.

Try the sites that DPL suggested for replacement heads They haven't steered us wrong over the last year, so I'm also giving them a thumbs up.

Keep us posted, please?

Kat: I did order a P3 Ti. As I said to Longo, I do use Cool Fire IVs. I never heard of Mamu mods or Certanks. I had to look those up. Do you think the Cerotank is better than a Nautilus Mini? I never heard of NiteLiteVapor. I'll have to check them out. I'd much rather use a lower VG ratio than is the rage these days. I want enough vapor production that I know something is going on, but not so much that it fogs the room like an opium den and sets off the smoke alarms. I've done that once at home and once at a hotel. My smoke alarms at home are hard-wired into a central station burglar alarm. They go off and the firetrucks show up. Not fun. Thanks for the help.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I, too have a selection of mods and tanks.

My Kabuki's are my most used tanks; Next, and gravitating to back up status, is a draw between Nauti's (both sizes), Cero tank (uses Aspire BVC) and the GS Air tanks. (No more rebuildables in my rotation these days and temperature control is only a novelty at this point.)

My ProVi's (both P3 and 2.5's, especially the Ti's) are my most used these days, but I also quite enjoy a fun selection of small regulated inexpensive box mods I've acquired this past year. You see, I have this "thing" for small comfy light weight mods and 2015 has certainly provided me with plenty of buying opportunities. :lol: The adorable rounded Heatvape Defender (Black Peacock finish, of course), is my favorite.....but the iSticks, Coolfire IV and IPV mini have certainly made it into my rotation, especially for "out and about".

Tearose, I'm not into rebuilding. I have a really nice Kayfun 4 clone that I bought from one of the China vendors for less than 20 bucks. I figured I'd try it out. Then I bought a EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2. And I bought some pre-made coils. I got both of them going, but it wasn't easy. My thumb joints are going south and I'm shaky. Years ago I could do very small close-up work with no problem. Not anymore. Right now those are on my "collection" shelf a long with several other tanks and mods.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I too prefer removable batteries, but am "OK" with Innokin stuff, as a rule. But yes, extreme heat is not a great mix with built-in lipo batteries.

RTD and ProVape are both great sources for batteries. Another I like a lot is an older flashlight-battery company named Orbtronic.

18650 Batteries | Rechargeable Li-ion | Battery Chargers

Congrats on your P3 and good luck with it! That Stealth Ti is certainly making my hand twitch a bit. ;)

Longo, so what's your favorite charger? Right now I'm using an XTAR VP4 and I charge at .25amps. And do you run your batteries down to empty in your mods or stick them on the charger at a general discharged amount?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Dang, Juma - you move quickly, don't you? :)

Chargers: I like the VP4 a lot, and have been using it daily. If four bays is adequate, I think you're fine with that one.

Batteries: Since all of my mods are regulated (mechs don't do it for me), they all cutoff at around 3.2. Therefore I never go lower than that. That being said, I don't follow any strict processes where charging is concerned. If I'm leaving the house, I'm swapping to a fresh battery, and will charge what I removed from that point. I'll charge my 18650's at 1amp (two outer bays if I only have two to charge), but the charge my 16340's at .5 amps. I know that .25 is recommended, but I've been doing them at .5 for almost two years (as long as I've used them), and never had any issues. In fact, It's probably about time for me to get some ones, just because they've been running for so long.

I know you didn't direct these at me, but I'll be rude and jump in. I wish I could say that it was the first time... :blush:

Cerotanks: I love them too, but I'm a big fan of those BVC coils. Since there's only one person who sells them, I can tell you that you're in good hands. He's a great guy. I hope you like them but let Kat or me know if you do not. You won't get stuck with them.

Mamu Mods: Mamu is a legendary modder who can be still found here on ECF (at least I believe so). She stopped building mods a while ago (one year? two? I can't remember) but her work is/was amazing, especially at that time. She is a meticulous perfectionist (as a builder) and when you hold one of her creations, you realize just how great it is.

Kat was wise enough to not sell hers off, and I hope she hangs onto them forever, even after they stop working. I have a bad habit of selling anything I'm not using, so my collection remains rather small. If I could turn back the clock, I'd still own most of my Mamu's. I had a couple of "doubles", which I'd be fine just having kept one of each.

You can see some/most of her work here. When she released a new mod, it was often ground-breaking in at least one way (sometimes more).

Mamu Mods

Here's to Mamu - may life be treating her well. :toast:

Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
And you must scroll through her client pics. You'll see both Tea & Kat stuff there, but the best is the guy who won a contest she did. I had TOTALLY forgotten about that (and just CRACKED UP LAUGHING when I saw it again).

Mamu Mods - Customer and Friends Mod Gallery

MARVELOUS!!!

Reactions: Katdarling

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
What fun to re-visit the Mamu site, Mr. Longo. I am very pleased to have kept my 3, just as wonderful as when new, too!

On when to charge --- Since all mine in regular use are regulated, the mod lets me know when it's time to charge as they shut off before too low levels are reached. I've only had one mod, the IPV mini, where I suspect that this feature is not working properly. So, I watch the bar and charge at about 1/8+ left. In earlier times with older and non regulated models, I'd charge when I felt/tasted the vape dying off, and sure enough, when checked with multimeter, the battery was ready to be charged.

Juma, the Xtar you have is well liked. I have and enjoy an earlier version Xtar as well as an older favorite, the Pila. The features of your model are very nice. I especially like the display as well as the ability to change the charge rate.

Even when available, I don't use USB charging, except when it's the only choice. I also choose to not vape any mod while charging. It's mostly just my extra safety precautions -- and I always have another mod handy.

Juma -- great to hear about the Nauti and Kabuki doing well with rapid temperature changes. It helped me realize that I have had some problems, but not with the Nauti, Kabuki or Cero.

Juma -- Welcome to the Ti club and the P3 club as well as Kabuki land! Great choices, IMHO, of course. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
What fun to re-visit the Mamu site, Mr. Longo. I am very pleased to have kept my 3, just as wonderful as when new, too!

On when to charge --- Since all mine in regular use are regulated, the mod lets me know when it's time to charge as they shut off before too low levels are reached. I've only had one mod, the IPV mini, where I suspect that this feature is not working properly. So, I watch the bar and charge at about 1/8+ left. In earlier times with older and non regulated models, I'd charge when I felt/tasted the vape dying off, and sure enough, when checked with multimeter, the battery was ready to be charged.

Juma, the Xtar you have is well liked. I have and enjoy an earlier version Xtar as well as an older favorite, the Pila. The features of your model are very nice. I especially like the display as well as the ability to change the charge rate.

Even when available, I don't use USB charging, except when it's the only choice. I also choose to not vape any mod while charging. It's mostly just my extra safety precautions -- and I always have another mod handy.

Juma -- great to hear about the Nauti and Kabuki doing well with rapid temperature changes. It helped me realize that I have had some problems, but not with the Nauti, Kabuki or Cero.

Juma -- Welcome to the Ti club and the P3 club as well as Kabuki land! Great choices, IMHO, of course. :)

Wasn't that great??? When Chadsmo won with that tattoo, I think I actually stood up and cheered. Talk about dedication.

You were smart too. What a dummy I was. I thought I was spreading-the-Mamu-love. Screw that; I should have kept them. Or, at the very least, I wish I held onto that Denali. There was just something about that mod that I TOTALLY LOVED. Damn...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
JUMA, boy do you fit in around here! I think I need to set up a bridge table! DPL and I and tearose all vape similar gear, have similar tastes and similar habits in vaping and vape gear. Between your choice in hardware, chargers, vliquid, VG ratio, battery vendors, and tanks, it sounds to me like you're quickly becoming our 4th!

Quite a number of people are aggressively moving toward using mods with user replaceable batts. I, too, have had that as a (minor) goal. Of course, there ARE pros and cons either way, but it IS sweet to have a bit more control over the battery and the lifespan of the mod. I will be very interested in your report on the Pegasus. I've had my eye on the Kanger Kbox Mini, but I'm still on hold for that one.

upload_2015-8-31_13-48-44.jpeg

Congrats on your Ti P3! No need to say you'll prolly love it, is there. ;) And big congrats also on not only finding NLV, but trying out Bounty Hunter. That was the very first NLV I tried as well, and that led me to vaping NLV 97% of the time, for the last 4ish years! I now have every single flavor (should you ever want a sample.... just PM!). I discovered long ago that the ratio of PG/VG in NLV is abstolutely perfect for vapor production and flavor. I also do not foresee myself as a weather woman anytime soon. ;)

Do I think the Cerotank is "better" than the Naughties? No, in fact, I don't. But there is something VERY special about them, and DPL and I both agree that in some ways, they are very similar to the Kabukis. For me, those are my top 3 tanks, with the Kabuki (of course) taking top spot because of the quality and manufacture and warranty.

Mamu is/was precisely as DPL described. I have thought often of selling some of mine, but every time I do, reason and rationality return. So they stay. It was not incredibly easy to get one when she was offering them, and I do know I wouldn't be able to get one now. DPL, any of mine can make a trip should your nostalgia become more than you can handle. :wub:

What a wonderful trip down Mamumory Lane! Thanks, DPL!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread