Eleaf istick 30 reading .6ohm not .5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimatedprophet

Jul 13, 2015
i have had my istick 30w for a month now and I'm rocking it with a kanger sub tank mini on it. I use the standard .5ohm atomizer with it and I noticed on the display its reading .6 instead of .5. I noticed this after I switched out atomizers because I kept getting a burnt taste and still getting a burnt after switching out a new one. I did everything proper loading the juice. I put 4 drop on the coil and the screwed on the tank and let it soak for 15 minutes. Can anyone help me with what might be going wrong. Thanks

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Estimated!

I will also find that I don't get an "exact" reading on my iSticks either. I chalk it up to rounding or a slight bit of "loss" for the device that's reading the head.

I don't think I could tell the difference between vaping with 0.5 ohms v. 0.6 ohms anyway. Once the resistance starts "scootching" toward 0.8 ohms for what's supposed to be a 0.5 ohm head, I figure the head is pretty gunked and it's time to clean and rewick or to get a new head completely.

You're not doing anything wrong.

Side note - what power are you firing on the coil. With a new coil, I will start low for a couple of pulls and then work my way up. I won't hit it full-bore until I've fired it about 10 or 15 times, slowly increasing the power....

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
ohm readings are never going to be exact especially from one mod to the next, dont worry about that.
4 drops not enough imo, u would also need to prime them by plugging up air inlet with fingers and sucking on it w/out hitting the fire button.
start low and slowly bring up watts on new coil.
once burnt coil is always burnt.
afaik coils could be 30% doa or bad clones

Estimatedprophet

Jul 13, 2015
Welcome Estimated!

I will also find that I don't get an "exact" reading on my iSticks either. I chalk it up to rounding or a slight bit of "loss" for the device that's reading the head.

I don't think I could tell the difference between vaping with 0.5 ohms v. 0.6 ohms anyway. Once the resistance starts "scootching" toward 0.8 ohms for what's supposed to be a 0.5 ohm head, I figure the head is pretty gunked and it's time to clean and rewick or to get a new head completely.

You're not doing anything wrong.

Side note - what power are you firing on the coil. With a new coil, I will start low for a couple of pulls and then work my way up. I won't hit it full-bore until I've fired it about 10 or 15 times, slowly increasing the power....
I pretty much run it at 19 all the time.the guy at the shop told me to start at 19 then work my up. Should start lower?

Cdrabun

Jun 27, 2015
I have an istick50 work a subtank mini. It also reads at. 6, but upon booking it to my Atty ohms tester, it reads about .53 at room temp. so yes, the I stick does round up ALWAYS. As for your dry hits, try plugging your air flow holes with your finger tips, and pulling a few times, this will force more nice into the cotton than letting or sit or dropping a few drops. Hope this helps

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I pretty much run it at 19 all the time.the guy at the shop told me to start at 19 then work my up. Should start lower?

I would. I usually start around 13W (yes, it's a little low, but it gives everything time to come up "gracefully") I may then take it as high as 22-24W - depending on my mood :)

Estimatedprophet

Jul 13, 2015
I have an istick50 work a subtank mini. It also reads at. 6, but upon booking it to my Atty ohms tester, it reads about .53 at room temp. so yes, the I stick does round up ALWAYS. As for your dry hits, try plugging your air flow holes with your finger tips, and pulling a few times, this will force more nice into the cotton than letting or sit or dropping a few drops. Hope this helps
It does! This is a big upgrade from my spinner 2 with a protank. Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread