Status
Not open for further replies.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Anyone have recent real-life experience with Nude Nicotine's recommended flavor percentages?

DIY noob here. I have all my gear and just received a sample pack of flavors from Nude Nicotine. I'm going to mix them as standalone flavors at 6mg nic, 15pg/85vg for my first foray into DIY (So I have something to vape next week!) I prefer average to lighter flavoring when I drip.

Any guidance for a noob? Oh, here are the flavors I will be trying:

Chai Tea Tornado
Honey tobacco
Make me Plum
Melon Madness
Patchouli Vanilla
Watermelon Mint

Larry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Amarillo, Texas
NN gives suggested starting percentages for each of their flavors on the website when you click on a specific flavor. The tobaccos have a lower suggested percentage than the other flavors. I start my non-tobacco flavors at 8%, but I like strong flavors. Haven't tried their tobaccos yet.

Reactions: v1k1ng1001

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
NN gives suggested starting percentages for each of their flavors on the website when you click on a specific flavor. The tobaccos have a lower suggested percentage than the other flavors. I start my non-tobacco flavors at 8%, but I like strong flavors. Haven't tried their tobaccos yet.
Ok cool...so 5 or 6% would be reasonable for high vg juices?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
The Honey tobacco is tasty. but start at 1% as it is a Tobacco Absolute.

edit. Oh I forgot. On the TA, Take the little vial and mix some at 10% into just VG. This is the mix that you will use for flavoring at 1%. TA is some VERY potent stuff. then just work your way up if you think it needs more.

The TA flavors may seem a little weak at first. Let it steep. It will turn golden. then try it out.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I did all mine at 5%, except for the tobacco which I did at 1%. They all need a good steep, particularly the tobacco. I put mine in a crock pot for 2 or 3 hours at 150, then let them sit for a couple of weeks.

I never did get to like chai tea. It was just too spicy. Patchouli vanilla is great. I made some at 3% and it was still just as good. My favorite now is 2/3 tobacco and 1/3 patchouli vanilla. I haven't tried the other ones you got. Some others I would recommend are mocha and pumpkin velvet and banana cream.

Reactions: Rin13

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I did all mine at 5%, except for the tobacco which I did at 1%. They all need a good steep, particularly the tobacco. I put mine in a crock pot for 2 or 3 hours at 150, then let them sit for a couple of weeks.

I never did get to like chai tea. It was just too spicy. Patchouli vanilla is great. I made some at 3% and it was still just as good. My favorite now is 2/3 tobacco and 1/3 patchouli vanilla. I haven't tried the other ones you got. Some others I would recommend are mocha and pumpkin velvet and banana cream.

I haven't tried them yet but the Chai Tea seems overpowered and did not mix up well. Maybe I'll mix another batch at 2%.

The winners from the smell test seem to be patchouli vanilla and honey tobacco. Both have a mouth-watering aroma and seem to mix up well. I could see these being excellent with other flavorings.

I'm skeptical about the two other melon flavors. The Plum smells like medicine so maybe a lower % would be in order there too.

Reactions: Dixie1954

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I haven't tried them yet but the Chai Tea seems overpowered and did not mix up well. Maybe I'll mix another batch at 2%.

The winners from the smell test seem to be patchouli vanilla and honey tobacco. Both have a mouth-watering aroma and seem to mix up well. I could see these being excellent with other flavorings.

I'm skeptical about the two other melon flavors. The Plum smells like medicine so maybe a lower % would be in order there too.

In my experience juices which have that medicine smell tend to benefit from sitting with the top off for a while. I don't know why or what causes that smell. Someone suggested it might be from alcohol used to dissolve the flavoring, if it is alcohol I guess it would evaporate off.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
In my experience juices which have that medicine smell tend to benefit from sitting with the top off for a while. I don't know why or what causes that smell. Someone suggested it might be from alcohol used to dissolve the flavoring, if it is alcohol I guess it would evaporate off.
Yeah these flavors are alcohol based. I vented them all overnight and some are fine--no separating or medicinal smell.

I fired up the patchouli vanilla just now and it's amazing with a 12hr steep time. One of the best juices I've come across in 3 yrs of vaping. It's a true vanilla...nothing artificial...and the patchouli hint is just strong enough to give it an earthiness. Definitely reordering this one. Top shelf stuff at 5%. I could even go lighter at max vg. The flavor is so pure that you only need the natural sweetness of vg to round it out.

The sense I'm getting from ..... flavorings is that they are authentic, love them or hate them, flavorings that appeal to adult palettes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Anyone else tried NN Flavorings?

I'm tempted to get the 5ml x 32 whole line sampler pac because I want to switch to all VG flavorings or PG superconcentrates. Sampler because there might be hidden gems in the line that I wouldn't think of trying otherwise.

I'm coming from 2 years of mixing FW & MBV almost exclusively.
I like my candy fruit flavors & the sweeter the better (to a point).

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I agree, the honey tobacco is great. The vanilla patchouli is awesome too. Plum is a good plum flavor but I'm not super into it. The Melon flavors are terrible imo...a small amount might add some realism to your melon vapes but as stand alone flavors, forget it. Chai tea tornado is basically a spice bomb at 5%--need to try it at 2% or something!

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
I've tried nearly every flavor which NN has to offer and enjoy many of them. Their concentrates are potent so you don't need much. I prefer tobacco flavors and have all of NN's tobacco flavors in my rotation, but the one I vape the most is the basic Tobacco. All of my DIY juice is VG-based (PG-free) which is why I'm a permanent customer of NN...not to mention they're near me so I receive my orders blazing fast. Based on the hardware I normally use (Velocity, Lil Boy, Subtank Mini, Goblin Mini, Mini Buddha), I usually mix NN's tobacco flavors anywhere from .5% up to 2%. I make a concentrated base in larger bottles (usually 200ml+ bottles @ 2% flavoring) of each flavor, then I mix my final vape into smaller bottles at my preferred/lower percentages when I need to...easy and allows the concentrated base to steep.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I go with the lowest recommended % on their tobacco ( .5 % ), and use that as a flavor additive to my other tobacco recipes.

Their Tamarind and Make Me Plum I use at 2.5%, and there is plenty of flavor for me at that ratio, the NN flavors are very robust and realistic.

Last edited:

nlgoddess57

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2015
Washington State
Decided I really don't want this thread to die as I finally got my complete line sample concentrates. I have been reading this thread and every other thread here on ecf on Nude Nicotine in anticipation. It took 3 weeks for my order to finally get here, a mere 1000 miles up the coast.

So please keep posting suggestions, experience, feedback. As I know there is always someone out there looking for knowledgeable information about obscure flavoring companies!

With others experience in hand, I committed (made 100ml give or take) to 15 flavors:

Tamarin D'Oh
Pumpkin Velvet
Shirley Temple
Make Me Plum
Banana Cream Pie
Apple Pie Ala Mode
Passion Fruit Coconut Creme]
Chai Tea Tornado
Guava Papaya
Mayan Coffee
White Chocolate Rasp
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Boysenberry Jam
Ooples and Boonoonoos
Blue Berry Mojito - I plan to add a couple of drops of Huckleberry to this, LOVE huckleberry mojitos

The following at 7%:
Shirley Temple
Banana Cream Pie
Passion Fruit Coconut Creme]
Pumpkin Velvet

White Chocolate Rasp 6%

The rest at 5%

I know what you are thinking... what! you committed before you taste tested!! Yeah I did, and here is the reason... There isn't anything I can't fix enough to make vapable. ( I have to amend that, I can't seem to fix Project Gemini) I like the flavor profiles of all these. I am basically making these as bases to tweak. My intention is to add some either another NN flavor or FlavourArt to them if they need a fix. As both these companies flavors require very low percentages, I feel like I am eliminating the high amounts of all the nasties currently on the scare list. Which actually I don't really care about, but I am of the mind, if you can take a precaution easily, then do it.

Also, I am just tired of the 5-10 ingredient juices. I am in search of some 1-2 flavor satisfies juices. And if they are shake and vape, all the better! My intention on ordering from NN was to find a few of those. Even if I have to add a percent or two of another flavor, that is acceptable.

I am holding in reserve: Vanilla Patchouli, Honey Tobacco, OMFG Chocolate, and Minty Menthol as potential fix ingredients. Most of the rest of the samples I don't really have an interest in at this point, but will more than likely come up with something to do with them when I get over my DIY laziness.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I made 50ml of 3mg Strawberry Banana Smoothie Max VG using 6% flavor & 6% DW
It spent about 3 hours in the UC & a few hours with cap off so I dripped a ml or so.
I thought it needed a flavor bump so bumped it to 7.5%
Steeped a bit then filled my dripper = no flavor. over saturated.
Added the correct VG & nic to drop back to 6% and Shazam! the flavor's back.
Not quite as in your face as I like but pleasant. It'll mature.
PG-free 95% VG sure does take much longer to steep than my typical 70VG!

I made another half dozen flavors using 6% flavor & 5% saline.
Over 4 hours at ~130F in the UC & 12+ open with many cap & shake sessions.
OMFG is tasty. I'm vaping it now.

White Chocolate Raspberry is good. It could become a reorder.

I haven't tried Melon Madness, Citrus Slap, Patchouli Vanilla or Coconut Cream yet.
I made 25ml of the half dozen so I can try them as they steep.
I'll leave about 10ml of each for at least an extra week so I can get a finished product opinion before I decide if %s need to be adjusted but I think 6% in Max VG is a good start.

If the first three tries are any indication of the rest then I'm sure some will find their place in my regular juice rotation.
If they all sucked and I just sold the remains then all would still not be a loss.
I'm sensitive to PG but under 9-10% is acceptable.
I could shave 3% off my PG by using this (NN) VG based nic so I could add that much more of my regular (PG based) flavors.
I was using 20% FW flavors in 70VG
I find 2% FW is pleasant in Max VG but 5-7% are strong enough to actually enjoy.
win/win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread