Status
Not open for further replies.

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
Congrats on your vapaversary. You too FQ. Great to see you.

I had my 1 yr no-smoke-a-versary on July 25... These were my presents... ;)

View attachment 484847

Actually ordered the red one... the pink one was done in error, so they offered it to me at cost... ;)

Andria

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
Andrea. What are those? Not Reos are they?

I had my 1 yr no-smoke-a-versary on July 25... These were my presents... ;)

View attachment 484847

Actually ordered the red one... the pink one was done in error, so they offered it to me at cost... ;)

Andria

DoloresB

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Good evening, all. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Just a small update. I'm making headway to being smoke-free. I bought a pack of 25 on Saturday afternoon. Today (Monday), I still have 2 left in the pack.

I'm beginning to understand my MVP 20w a little bit better, and how user-friendly variable wattage is (I presently vape at 9w). I've got my e juice dialed in at 12 mg (although I think it needs to be a bit stronger so can completely give up the pyros). I have tried BDC and BVC coils on some Aspire Vivi Nova tanks (and hate them), tried some iClear 30b tanks (and can get along with them OK), and revamped my old Vision Stardust clearos with some 1.8 ohm heads (which I'm getting along with very well).

Two questions:
1. Why are dual-coil clearos are such a big deal? Have I not found one I can get along with, or are they strictly for the young and young-at-heart cloud chasers?
2. Are single-coil clearos now a thing of the past, or am I just too old and stubborn to let the little gems go?

Have a good evening, all :)

Reactions: ShariR

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Hi, Dolores. Good work tapering down on the smokes. The happier you are with your juice and equipment, the easier it is to give them up.

I haven't used clearos in a long time, since I use rebuildable tanks and the occasional dripper. I guess I'm young-at-heart (I'm certainly not young) and I always build dual coils. Single coils just don't have enough power for me and I only vape between 20 and 25 watts on duals.

It appears you're more of a Tootle Puffer and single coils are what suit you and your vaping style. If that's what you prefer, stick with it. Be as old and stubborn as you like. :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I've never been able to tolerate dual coils; they're just too hot, make too much vapor. That's one of the reasons why I switched to rebuildables, so I could have a single-coil vape that was REALLY GOOD -- can't stand clearos, can't taste anything from them. Also I hated being extorted on replacement coils, and having to wait for the slowazz mailman to bring them! I'd rather be self-sufficient -- coil breaks? Make another, easy peasy. Much cheaper too, and lots less waiting on that stupid mailman!

Andria

DoloresB

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I guess I am, Lox. Above-ohm coils, under 20 w power, stronger e juice (because I'm still trying to quit smoking), mouth-to-lung hitter (tried a couple of straight lung hits with what I presently have, and it nearly took my breath away). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

DoloresB

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Andria, I find replacement coils rather affordable where I shop. I don't feel extorted at all. The Stardust clearos are the kit I have that works. I'm looking for single-coil tanks to add to my kit, as I vape like I smoke--mouth-to-lung. Any recommendations?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I guess I am, Lox. Above-ohm coils, under 20 w power, stronger e juice (because I'm still trying to quit smoking), mouth-to-lung hitter (tried a couple of straight lung hits with what I presently have, and it nearly took my breath away). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's pretty much it -- lower wattage, mouth-to-lung, higher ohm coils (pretty much anything over 1 ohm). I usually make coils about 1.5-1.8, though I've got one right now that's just under 1.8, and it doesn't really vape well; think I need to stay between 1.3 and 1.6 for the vape I like. I use 3 ohm cartos in my cartotanks.

Andria

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Wow! Great to see you all back and posting (FL Lori, Claudia, FQ and Delores). It has been a while. What a great group of friends, old and new.

OK, heard from neuro dr and my back surgery date is October 1. So I have time to ponder my surgery. Would rather just go and do it with no choice or time to think about it. Got pjs and slippers and robe, shopping for bath chair and other accessories for me to be able to take care of myself when I get home. DH can not lift me (old broken hip and he's a light-weight, lol - but a sweetheart). And there will be no mad dashes anywhere for a while (what a sight that would be). I never thought about how much planning and equipment is needed to just do normal everyday personal care. Who thinks about how they are going to get out of bed or take a shower, etc. Daunting. At least I will have an excuse to get a pedicure for a while. I have to find the old notebook where I wrote everyone's phone #s down.

FQ - awesome that you are closing in on your 1 year. I knew you would do it! I see your girls are still keeping you on your toes. Breaking ashtrays was fun but for my one year I bought myself a used Provari Mini and another r91. Lasts longer. It is good to reward yourself for a major accomplishment. Keeps the motivation up. Plus it is a good excuse to get yourself something, just for you. For my 2 year I did not do anything, just bought more of my all day vapes to keep my supply healthy.

Delores, tootle puffer is a higher (than 1 ohm) ohm, lower wattage (less than 15, I think) and mouth to lung vaper, if I understand it correctly. I am one. And I prefer single coil Russian 91s and Kayfuns where I build my own coil and use Koh Gen Doh cotton pads for wicking. An easy to build and maintain, flavorful vape for me. From my reading, dual coils are major juice burners. And I think more sub ohm setups use them. Short bursts of hot, intense flavor and clouds. Not my cup of tea. I go through plenty of juice with my single coil r91 than I care to admit. Dual coils would bankrupt me and probably burn out my lungs. I am trying to save my lungs.

Lori, Claudia, FQ and the rest of this bunch; thank you for your thoughtfulness. If I find the phone #s I may give a call from hospital or nursing home. Just depends on how I feel and how aware I will be. Hope I can get wifi from there, then I can post and keep up with you all.

And Lox, good to see you post. We miss you and Jazz. Good to see you are busy with work.

I started playing with DIY for a few weeks and have made a couple of vapeable things but nothing to brag about. It got to be too much thinking and concentrating for me right now so I am going to put it aside for a couple of months until I am feeling better. Easier for me to just use the credit card right now.

If anyone sees a coupon code for RTDvapor I am due for some new aw batteries, so please post it here. I do not do Facebook, still.

Claudia P

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Dayton, TN, USA
Hi FQ nice to see you back and congrats on the upcoming 1 year. :)

I check back pretty often but when there are no new posts for a few days I forget again. LOL

I'm old too Thaya but I'm also using sub ohm tanks and dual coil drippers, lately been using temperature control mods and NI200 coils. I have started mixing and have one that I like as well as any I've bought. I use Atlantis and Subtank tanks so far but looking to get a new tank when they are back in stock. I haven't gotten the rebuild kit for the Atlantis yet and haven't tried the one for the Subtank, but that is coming soon.

Reactions: Thayamax

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
ShariR - You'll probably want to get one of the picker-upper-grabby things. :thumb:
I will be sending good vibes for a smooth procedure and speedy recovery! :nun:

My DIYs have been vapeable, but nothing to brag about too. :oops:

Good idea. I think my sister gave me one of those grabby thingys. Must look for it. I have been shopping the Amazon med supplies. Not my idea of fun shopping. That stuff costs a fortune and will eventually be assigned a place in the garage attic for my future old age after I can walk and bend and neat stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread