GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Snagged a second spheroid v4 with 510 connection for my vaporshark today, thanks gp team!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Congrats!
For some strange reason I am "only" using my Spheroids (v4) since the last month. Don't know why, got many others, many nice ones, but yet it is the Spheroid v4 which gets picked up every time, whatever the mod may be.
Yes, it is that good :)

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
The Gpin has made life so much easier in many ways but the only issue i have with it is that i can't check my build on an ohm meter. Really it's not that big a deal, i just use coil builds i've already done in another devices and would know what the resistance should be. However, since anything with a Gpin is going to be attached to a mech, i feel like it my be nice to be able to check the build before firing it.

I guess my question is how hard would it be to make some type of 510 adapter that attaches to the Gpin so you can check the ohms on an ohm meter or regulated mod? And if it's possible, would the cost be worth it?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
The Gpin has made life so much easier in many ways but the only issue i have with it is that i can't check my build on an ohm meter. Really it's not that big a deal, i just use coil builds i've already done in another devices and would know what the resistance should be. However, since anything with a Gpin is going to be attached to a mech, i feel like it my be nice to be able to check the build before firing it.

I guess my question is how hard would it be to make some type of 510 adapter that attaches to the Gpin so you can check the ohms on an ohm meter or regulated mod? And if it's possible, would the cost be worth it?

Of course it can be done, but it doesn't worth it, because it will come around 15-18€', while a simple multimeter costs one third of this adapter and measures other things as well and additionally we are working on something else that will render it obsolete.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Of course it can be done, but it doesn't worth it, because it will come around 15-18€', while a simple multimeter costs one third of this adapter and measures other things as well and additionally we are working on something else that will render it obsolete.

That's what i thought, cost prohibitive.

Looking forward to the Heron V2 and other new things in the works.

Reactions: Cucco

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
For the attys with the hybrid connections/gpins, Just mount your coil and use your multimeter to check the ohms. Place the red prong on the pos pole and black prong on the neg pole....get your reading. That is how I do it, please correct me if I am wrong about this!! Havent checked dual coils but I would assume the meter woud read the right ohms for both coils which is half of what one coil reads!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
^I'm seriously liking that :)

melodicstealer

Mar 12, 2013
Malaysia
Hi..have anyone tried coil spheroid v4 with clapton coil before? Or opinions? Thanks

I' m waiting my eBay order to try it as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried using clapton wire..unable to close the chimney..i think the clapton is too big..i used 20mm coil

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
just got my replacement center pin. i couldnt get it to fit in the delrin insert, so had to slowly open the delrin until it did. finally got the pin in, but not without some good nicks in the silver plating.

also having a hard time with resistance jumping around on tc builds. thought the new pin would help, but not really.

hmm...

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
just got my replacement center pin. i couldnt get it to fit in the delrin insert, so had to slowly open the delrin until it did. finally got the pin in, but not without some good nicks in the silver plating.

also having a hard time with resistance jumping around on tc builds. thought the new pin would help, but not really.

hmm...

Check your coils, if they touch each other in a Ni200 build, the resistance gives inconsistent readings. Evolv DNA40 tested with Spheroid v4, the wire used was Ni200 of 0,32 mm thickness, 8 turns about 2.5 mm coil, resulting in a resistance of 0.11 ohms, no issues.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
ive been using tc since dna40 hit the market, im very experienced with ni/ti builds. i know it has nothing to do with the coils, and ive tried multiple builds. im using Ti, spaced coils, 2.5mm id, everything looks perfect.

We haven't tested it with Ti wires, only with Ni200. Is the 510 pin's surface flat and smooth?
Brass and silver are soft metals and can easily be deformed by tools.
If a screwdriver with a thinner head than the slot size has been used, the lips of the slot may have been slightly raised creating partially contact, hence the inconsistent reading.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Q, that was an awesome video, felt like I was there with you!! Your videos have become so "professional"!! Do you have your own camera man/producer at your side? LOL!! What build was in that Spheroid rocked on the Paps v4? Was really producing lots of vapor with short draws!! I dont have the v4 as of yet but I cant seem to get that much vapor out of my spheroids but flavor is awesome!! I use them in microsticks and on a Piccoloid!!
Very nice my man, where is our next trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread