SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
Yeah, I have some rayon, the huge Graham's box from Sally's. Its OK, I still prefer cotton for most applications, but it does work well, and I use it for a change of pace here and there.

0.02 is too low for any TC mod.
damn well that sux for me..luckily i did not pay much for the coils i ordered

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
damn well that sux for me..luckily i did not pay much for the coils i ordered

Someone supplied you Ni200 coils at 0.02Ω ? Are you sure they're meant to be? Either way, if the coil is definitely installed right, you should ask for your money back :)

SXM is minimum 0.05Ω I believe but you really don't want to build that low if you can avoid it. At that level your TC will very likely be around 40°C / 97°F inaccurate. At the very minimum it will be 20°C / 68°F inaccurate.

Higher is better if you care at all about being able to set a temperature close to reality, and have it repeatable between different builds/atomizers. At least above 0.10Ω.

What coils are they? Maybe something shorted. I would guess they are not supposed to be .02

Yeah unless they're 22 gauge or something, that sounds very wrong.

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
I did not want to say this in the snow wolf thread. I love the dual batteries. it does not hold a candle to 350j. in fact I can't stand dna200 lipo either. 350j is it for me as of now. I was wondering if there are any custom dual battery 350j mods I could actually get without a waiting list or vip entry. I feel the boxer is just cheap feeling 3d printed. want something nice like top hat with 350j and dual batteries. wishes......

I have the tube. that honestly sucks. need side by side in the box. anything? I guess I might have to wait for vapor flask to hit the shelves. still not nice wood panels. other than that the sx mini now sans paint is still my ultimate one battery mod. has the 350j and fits my hand like a glove. meanwhile I need to air brush the latest one. I do not know why I keep buying them thinking they have fixed the paint. looks ugly but performs and that is what really counts.

the ti function was also welcome. updatable is also great other mods lack. however, their sxi program is a pita. try for hours each time to get it to work. this time said incompatible update. had to get same update from another one of their sites and worked fine. strange that. otherwise this thing is still 5 stars in my mind. they came out with dna200 which has vast functionality but tethered to limited battery power. killed it for me. may the sx mini reign supreme!

Varitube has the Renagade mode. dual 18650 with the J chip. Wired in series.
I'm strongly considering one as I'm on number 3 mini M due to paint issues which just drives me crazy. Number 3 now has a battery cap issue. This is not user error. My S class is 10 months old and looks and functions perfectly. The cap slips when ANY battery is inserted. Checked the cap against the cap on my S class and the on the M is noticeably shorter.
As much as I love this chip and all it brings to the table i can't deal with the issues that exist with the housing of this outstanding chip.
I'm hopping that the Flask is better but I have feeling that because its being made in China it may very well have similar issues with the housing.
If anyone has any clue as to where I can buy some extra battery caps it would be greatly appreciated.
I guess I'm spoiled from the quality I've become accustomed to from my Provari's.
Hopefully the Dicode will become available in the states soon.
Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I'm strongly considering one as I'm on number 3 mini M due to paint issues which just drives me crazy. Number 3 now has a battery cap issue. This is not user error. My S class is 10 months old and looks and functions perfectly. The cap slips when ANY battery is inserted. Checked the cap against the cap on my S class and the on the M is noticeably shorter.
As much as I love this chip and all it brings to the table i can't deal with the issues that exist with the housing of this outstanding chip.
I'm hopping that the Flask is better but I have feeling that because its being made in China it may very well have similar issues with the housing.
If anyone has any clue as to where I can buy some extra battery caps it would be greatly appreciated.
I guess I'm spoiled from the quality I've become accustomed to from my Provari's.
Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone
If you are talking about the vapor flask SX, its made in the US.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
The current version is. My understanding is that the new one coming with the SX350 J will be made in China. Also 189.99 (lower price point than the current flask) if my memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my iPhone
No. The Vapor Flask SX is made in the US with an imported custom yihi SX350J board. It went on sale today on the official vapor flask, and retails for $269.99.

The Vapor Flask v2.1 with the small screen dna40 has been discontinued. They teamed up with vapor shark to mass produce a cheaper large screen dna40 in China. It is readily available at multiple vendors for $189.99.

Reactions: jazzvaper

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Wow... interesting turns of the conversation.

Personally I have a foot planted in both "camps". I like (or should I say) DEPEND on "plug and play" and an easy and reliable vaping (or should I say: method of nicotine delivery? ;)) experience and system to keep me off the 44yr smoking habit I walked away from HOWEVER the Engineer in me likes to "tinker" and "fiddle" with stuff. (some of us are seemingly blessed/cursed with the "Tim the toolman Taylor" gene) and I often think how or in which direction is the industry going to evolve?

It has been discussed in many threads that new lower volume and lower power vaping gear is being released less frequently than the higher volume and higher power stuff. My basic theory (it is only a personal theory here folks) is that much like any industry - it follows the $$money$$. This seems (to me at least) contradictory to the often mentioned "main stream" habits and desires of a easy plug&play low volume and low power vaping experience.

Then we have the added complication of TC to the mix. Sure the vaping industry COULD follow other industries and keep coming out with more and more powerful mods but to what end? A 5000W handheld APV? I see that the industry is attempting to innovate in other ways by giving users more options to customize their vaping experience to their OWN liking.

The problem here is that all this (to some of us, myself included here) wonderful customization brings added complexity which ether turns off some users or they just don't want anything to do with it and would rather have something SIMPLE and EASY to use.

While in the short while I've been involved we've seen "beginner gear" or "starting kits" that most vape users may of only dreamed about just a few years ago, has this gear gotten easier to setup and use?

I may get ostersized for mentioning this but (again in my own humble opinion) I think this is one of the attractions to the "cigalikes" that some users here seem to loathe like the plague - they are simple and easy.

Thankfully the other half has given her go ahead :banana:to allow me to spend up to what I was spending on cigarettes on vaping. (as long as it is LESS and I'm not smoking up the house she is happy)
    My next mod will have a user adjustable TCR so I can sample any wire suitable (or not!):danger: for vaping.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    yeah jake67 I have the same exact scenario. keep buying sx mini m class thinking I will get a flawless one. wishful thinking it seems in retrospect. the 350j is stellar but plagued by the (minor) issues of this mod. I wish a custom maker would use this chip. perhaps one does but I do not know of it. they seem to use 330.

someone linked to the battery cap pages back. can't find it now.

Reactions: Jake67

Unior

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2015
    Tennessee
    Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone
    There is a link to SX battery caps in this thread. I know it hasn't been that long ago so maybe within the last 20 pages.
    I also used to use a Provari. The quality of construction & reliability is the reason I bought it and I wasn't disappointed. These are the reasons I bought the SXMM and so far my expectations have been met. No paint issues yet...I have had it in a sleeve though. Battery cap can be stubborn some days. But the chip & form factor make up for that many times over. I will say if/when my paint starts to come off I will be upset. My feeling is you shouldn't have to wrap or paint a $200 mod because the paint is coming off. But nothing is perfect I guess.

Reactions: Jake67

Unior

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2015
    Tennessee
    :yawn:
    this is the coil 10 pack prebuilt Ni200 coils • 0.03 or 0.04 ohm or 0.05 ohm – Victory Vape i picked them up in the 0.03 ohm. i did not know it would have been too low..user error on my part.
    Huh? That is crazy those are so low. There may be mods that will read lower but I thought the 350j was the lowest at 0.05. Even if you got the 0.05 from them it is very possible they would actually come out to be lower like your 0.03s. Making all of them worthless if you can't use them. I know they were only like $7 but I would contact them if you had the time. Just for the principle of the matter

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 2, 2013
    St. George, UT USA
    :yawn:
    Huh? That is crazy those are so low. There may be mods that will read lower but I thought the 350j was the lowest at 0.05. Even if you got the 0.05 from them it is very possible they would actually come out to be lower like your 0.03s. Making all of them worthless if you can't use them. I know they were only like $7 but I would contact them if you had the time. Just for the principle of the matter

I just sent them a note asking what Mod those are used in. That is just dumb and the highest 0.05 ohms is the very bottom end for the the SX Mini. That kind of think from someone that is supposed to know what they are doing is really disappointing.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    snow wolf is 0.05. if it is lower though it is a waste. that is very low. stupid to me at least. I kind of wish the sxm did more than 50j but it is okay. an upgrade to 70j would be great. the ni200 upgrade does not do that. not sure about 120w upgrade.

yes, overall even with paint degloved and finicky battery cap It is still my main mod and I have expensive custom mods. sans 350j of course. do not know why custom maker does not toss one in. they seem to prefer sx330. like a twotonian with 350j and dual batteries would be my dream. do not care about dna200 and lipo. you know this is all moot anyways because yihi is bound to have a new chip soon. hopefully with tcr too. I still like the way preheat is on the 350j. evolve just misses the mark for me each round. not hating just my preference.

Reactions: Haylon357

TheBloke

Ultra Member
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    this is the coil 10 pack prebuilt Ni200 coils • 0.03 or 0.04 ohm or 0.05 ohm – Victory Vape i picked them up in the 0.03 ohm. i did not know it would have been too low..user error on my part.

I just sent them a note asking what Mod those are used in. That is just dumb and the highest 0.05 ohms is the very bottom end for the the SX Mini. That kind of think from someone that is supposed to know what they are doing is really disappointing.

Yeah that's absolutely nuts. No mod does 0.03 or 0.04, and only a small handful 0.05Ω. That company is completely clueless. Good job sending them an email.

snow wolf is 0.05. if it is lower though it is a waste. that is very low. stupid to me at least. I kind of wish the sxm did more than 50j but it is okay. an upgrade to 70j would be great. the ni200 upgrade does not do that. not sure about 120w upgrade.

The SXM does 75J with the latest FW, 2.2.3 I think it is? The one that adds Titanium.

Jake67

ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2014
    Us

yes, overall even with paint degloved and finicky battery cap It is still my main mod and I have expensive custom mods. sans 350j of course. do not know why custom maker does not toss one in. they seem to prefer sx330. like a twotonian with 350j and dual batteries would be my dream. do not care about dna200 and lipo. you know this is all moot anyways because yihi is bound to have a new chip soon. hopefully with tcr too. I still like the way preheat is on the 350j. evolve just misses the mark for me each round. not hating just my preference.
    I agree. No more China made mods for me. I have yet to own any China made vape gear that has held up. Not hating on China just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    well, you have to admit the sxm is better than most of their trash but not quite there yet. the 350j is in fact a Chinese made marvel. just not their cases. want to see someone put this in something good and do it justice. I have to hand it to yihi Chinese or not. all my other chips failed and 350j still works.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    well, you have to admit the sxm is better than most of their trash but not quite there yet. the 350j is in fact a Chinese made marvel. just not their cases. want to see someone put this in something good and do it justice. I have to hand it to yihi Chinese or not. all my other chips failed and 350j still works.
    Vapor Flask SX does it justice imo. Whiteout SX is fine too. Renegade X Mod also a fine option, even a kit if you want to put it together yourself. Boxer, meh, its good, but 3D printed, which is a turn off for some.

Jake67

ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2014
    Us
    I agree. Maybe I was unclear. I think yihi made an outstanding chip. I would love to see it in a quality case.

Sent from my iPhone

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread