TFA mixing percentages WITH recommend steep time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bezo

Feb 9, 2015
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hello all, so Ive been thru alot of the forums and many many pages of the recomended mix percentages of the stand alone flavors from TFA but in the 40+ pages I read (way too many to go thru all) I dont see anything about recommended steep times. Some of mine turned out ok others a bit harsh and I was wondering if they mellowed out after a bit or if maybe I personally just don't need to go as high as others. I wont even get into the more advanced recipes I noobly tried to jump into lol :facepalm:

Is there a list Im missing?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
This is one of the better TFA mixing percentages I've used : Flavor Percentage Recommendations I don't have any stand alone recipes that have worked for me.

As to steeping I like a week for everything. Ten days to two weeks for creams and /or custards. tobacco is a month. These are just general guidelines I use. In order to "speed" steeping times there are a few options. Hot cup of water method, crock pot method, and ultra sonic cleaner method (the one I use) can all help the juices steep.

Search Results for Query: steeping methods | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Bezo

Bezo

Feb 9, 2015
Cedar Rapids, IA
This is one of the better TFA mixing percentages I've used : Flavor Percentage Recommendations I don't have any stand alone recipes that have worked for me.

As to steeping I like a week for everything. Ten days to two weeks for creams and /or custards. Tobacco is a month. These are just general guidelines I use. In order to "speed" steeping times there are a few options. Hot cup of water method, crock pot method, and ultra sonic cleaner method (the one I use) can all help the juices steep.

Search Results for Query: steeping methods | E-Cigarette Forum
Thank you that helps alot! That post with over 300+ pages wasnt even half as detailed as this one. I was hopeing they'd come around after a week or two. Ill just have to wait and see.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Some flavorings change over time, some don't. Some change for the better, some don't. This is just the nature of the beast.

In my experience, tobaccos and bakeries tend to change for the better with a post-mix rest, while fruits and candies don't change much at all. There are plenty of exceptions. Again, the nature of the beast.

When I buy and mix a new flavoring, I search the flavoring name within the DIY sub-forum to get an idea of others experiences i.e. percentages and rest times.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread