Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Robin, glad to hear you got home safely; now is the time for a little R&R (yes/no ?)

RJ & Calve, also glad you two got things ironed out. I think it's pretty kewl that you met hear too.

On the home front:
Bummer! My iPhone went teats up yesterday after Mama Chak used it to chat with her sister in the US (for an hour). It acts like the battery is dead - the display is blank and unresponsive. I'm thinking that it (the battery) is truly dead and won't accept a charge any more (they can only be charged so many times before they go completely dead). With other phones you could just open it up and swap out the old for a new one - there's no way to open up the iPhone that way. Now I have to find a shop that will service iPhones.

Chak, have you tried simultaneously holding down the Home button and the power button for at least 15 seconds? I've had an iPod seem to die (several times) when all it needed was that type of reset. It didn't even lose its data. One time I had to try that a few times over several days before it woke up.

Edit to add - be sure to wait for the Apple logo to appear. Ignore the power slider if it appears. If it still doesn't work, you can put it on the charger for an hour and try again. There's also a way to use iTunes to force a restart. Here's the link to the steps:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Guys, no more talk about how fantastic Serendipity is! I vaped the last of mine a few days ago. I have to be frugal for a bit until the house sells, so I'm working through the rest of my stock.

Anyone remember how long Adam recommended you can still vape HHV juices? I should know this, but I forget. I could look it up, but thought I'd see if anyone remembers. Was it a year?

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Chak, have you tried simultaneously holding down the Home button and the power button for at least 15 seconds? I've had an iPod seem to die (several times) when all it needed was that type of reset. It didn't even lose its data. One time I had to try that a few times over several days before it woke up.

Edit to add - be sure to wait for the Apple logo to appear. Ignore the power slider if it appears. If it still doesn't work, you can put it on the charger for an hour and try again. There's also a way to use iTunes to force a restart. Here's the link to the steps:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support
Thanks Lori, holding the home key and power button worked! I'll have to make a note about that fix...

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
what were you before??? ;)

I felt like a zombie. :laugh:

Thanks Lori, holding the home key and power button worked! I'll have to make a note about that fix...

That's actually a hard reboot. If you ever have any applications that act wonky, do the hard reboot and it seems to straighten them out. We think we are turning the device off when in actuality all we are doing is putting them to sleep.

Good Morning Army! Got all the laundry done by last night. Feels good to be home.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Guys, no more talk about how fantastic Serendipity is! I vaped the last of mine a few days ago. I have to be frugal for a bit until the house sells, so I'm working through the rest of my stock.

Anyone remember how long Adam recommended you can still vape HHV juices? I should know this, but I forget. I could look it up, but thought I'd see if anyone remembers. Was it a year?
I've vaped year & a half old juice without any mishap, if that's any help.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I felt like a zombie. :laugh:

That's actually a hard reboot. If you ever have any applications that act wonky, do the hard reboot and it seems to straighten them out. We think we are turning the device off when in actuality all we are doing is putting them to sleep.

Good Morning Army! Got all the laundry done by last night. Feels good to be home.
Thanks, Robin. I knew the phone wasn't turned off, but with a blank display it's hard to tell what's going on. Just glad LA mentioned this before I went and changed the batteries.

With an iPhone you can't really change the batteries, they let you exchange your phone for a new one of the same model.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

A year is the generally accepted shelf life. That's what Adam said if it were refrigerated. I know I had some Pirate's booty back a couple years ago that went bad after a year (unrefrigerated).

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks, everyone! Looks like I will have to do some juice clear out. Storage is in a cool dark cabinet, but I do have some from May 2014 that I know needs to go. Some from Aug 2014 is where it could still be okay, but I might not risk it. Think I will stick with the Oct & Dec 2014 stuff.

We have a firm offer! $5k over the failed deal! There's also several others who said they are very interested. Today is their chance to make us a better offer. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. We also plan to counter this offer. They sent along a signed Agreement of Sale - so they do really want the house. Yay!

Maybe I can place a Labor Day sale order at HHV after all. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

I'm so glad that worked! You might know this - it's good to power down completely every couple of days and leave the phone off for a bit. That clears out any running processes and helps keep it from acting up. It can also reset and improve your cell signal.

It's a pain to not be able to replace the batteries. Darn planned obsolescence and short consumer attention spans. I have a 2011 MacBook Air and the battery lasts maybe 15 min. I can send it into Apple for battery replacement for around $200. I probably will since I love that little thing. Then again, the next OS might not run on it. You never know. :facepalm:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well I lost my internet for a little while. My modem supposedly bit the dust. Got a new one yesterday. Had it going for the shortest time ever. Reset it again, and again, because it lost connection. Come to find out the trouble was with my ISP last night, NOT my modem. I was ready to pull my hair out. Then the tech tells me it will be two days before they get the service back. I think she just didn't want to mess around with me. Right after she ended the conversation, the connection was back. Strange indeed. One whole evening, and all of the next day, until late last night, without internet. I was starting to have negative symptoms, and a few choice words. The modem was a kick in the rear expense wise. I wasn't counting on that. But at least I am B A C K. :thumb:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks, everyone! Looks like I will have to do some juice clear out. Storage is in a cool dark cabinet, but I do have some from May 2014 that I know needs to go. Some from Aug 2014 is where it could still be okay, but I might not risk it. Think I will stick with the Oct & Dec 2014 stuff.

We have a firm offer! $5k over the failed deal! There's also several others who said they are very interested. Today is their chance to make us a better offer. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. We also plan to counter this offer. They sent along a signed Agreement of Sale - so they do really want the house. Yay!

Maybe I can place a Labor Day sale order at HHV after all. :)
Geez, all these people love your house while that butthead screwed around. Oh well. He's history and it looks like you'll unload it now on people who are ready, willing, and able to purchase. Let us know when they sign the dotted line. We'll keep our fingers crossed until then.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well I lost my internet for a little while. My modem supposedly bit the dust. Got a new one yesterday. Had it going for the shortest time ever. Reset it again, and again, because it lost connection. Come to find out the trouble was with my ISP last night, NOT my modem. I was ready to pull my hair out. Then the tech tells me it will be two days before they get the service back. I think she just didn't want to mess around with me. Right after she ended the conversation, the connection was back. Strange indeed. One whole evening, and all of the next day, until late last night, without internet. I was starting to have negative symptoms, and a few choice words. The modem was a kick in the rear expense wise. I wasn't counting on that. But at least I am B A C K. :thumb:
So you own the modem and not your ISP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread