Status
Not open for further replies.

phager

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Monongahela, PA
Ooooooooooooooo , OK

so you clk 20 times , and could not get a v 1.18 to display ?

(took me about 5-6 times the first time I tried it)

:)
Yep, no firmware display. Just tried it a couple of more times starting from off for somewhere between 20 and 40 clicks. And then just for good measure, tried clicking for about 2 minutes. Never once showed firmware version.

Sent From My Moto E

Reactions: pufZeppelin

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
Yep, no firmware display. Just tried it a couple of more times starting from off for somewhere between 20 and 40 clicks. And then just for good measure, tried clicking for about 2 minutes. Never once showed firmware version.

Sent From My Moto E

That is a lot of clicking in 2 minutes. Maybe you should try 4 minutes and you could be lucky? LOL

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
I sold my used 1.18 version Evic for $75 before prices drop. I'll wait on an upgradable version or may try the Mini. I've decided it's better not to jump on the low pre-order price deals and wait until beta testing is over. You usually get a better price later and get improved versions.:2c:

Considering you can buy just the mod (no Ego Mega) for under $45 new now, you did ok. :)

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Crickets chirping here....I guess no one is having issues with the VT....I couldn't be happier with the 3 I have.

I was thinking of purchasing a mini to get into TC but won an Apollo Reliant, now I don't need it. Still like the looks of the mini though.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
New wire for temp control coming soon. NiFe52 or Alloy 52. It's 52% Nickel/48%Iron. It has many advantages over Nickel and Titanium wire.

Higher TCR: Easier for tc mods to regulate
Higher Res: Allows more coil configs like twisted, parallel etc.
Dryburnable: Easier to clean coils
Workability: Similar to Kanthal
Creates dialectric oxides?: Contact coil capable?

Currently available in the UK?. Not sure about the US yet. @TheBloke will be testing it soon but so far the specs are looking great. May be the best thing to happen to TC.....we'll see.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Thanks @cigatron

Not available anywhere at this moment, but coming to Germany at ZiVipf.com in hopefully a week - it was ordered in a couple of days ago; I don't know how long delivery will take, but I assume not too long.

They already have NiFe70/30 which is similar but not quite as good as NiFe52, due to lower resistance for one thing.

We've also been told that a US vendor will be stocking it from mid September, but it's a big secret so we don't know who yet! It'll be launched at the Vape Mania event.

It will be vapeable without temperature offset on any TC mod with TCR adjustment. Or it can be used on any standard Ni200 or Titanium mod with a temperature offset, similar to how we vape Titanium on an Ni200 mod.

The temperature offset on the EVic VT will probably be slightly different to other mods given how it generally under-heats the coil (at least in Titanium mode.)

In Ni200 mode it'll probably need a setting around 150-160°C to give a vape around 230°C, but I will measure it exactly when I get my hands on it. In Titanium mode the offset will be a lot less, and in the other direction - for example maybe 270°C to achieve 230°C - although in the case of the EVic, maybe that will actually be 290°C because of the under-heating. Because that's getting close to the maximum temp of the mod, it might be preferable to vape in Ni200 mode.

But I'll test all this as soon as I can, including on the EVic-VT specifically.

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
Crickets chirping here....I guess no one is having issues with the VT....I couldn't be happier with the 3 I have.
I am also really enjoying the 2 Evics that I have as well. The LiPo battery is especially good. and the TC works very well. Initially it took a bit of a learning period but now that I have that down I really enjoy the performance. I have grown to appreciate the spring loaded spinner switch on top that is used for menu adjustments in conjunction with the firing button- it is very easy to manipulate while observing the screen.The fit and finish is top quality. I have recently been using a VCT-Pro tank with the Ni coils and that is a very good match. The VCT-Pro by SMOK is identical to the T-VCT advertised as a TC tank but the only difference is
IMG_2269.jpg
it ships with Kanthal coils. These tanks have a nice easy draw and are a good complement for the Evic. Plus they are not expensive at around $22.

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
From he new Evic mini review I have seen it looks like it will be a good device except for the fact it is probably underpowered with a single 18650. I expect battery life will not be up to the demands of an active all day vaper, but with a pocket full with several batteries it might be ok. Evic has seen the light by providing upgrade capability for the firmware. It also appears to have some TCR adjustment capability but not certain how far that goes. It is a cute one though.

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
From he new Evic mini review I have seen it looks like it will be a good device except for the fact it is probably underpowered with a single 18650. I expect battery life will not be up to the demands of an active all day vaper, but with a pocket full with several batteries it might be ok. Evic has seen the light by providing upgrade capability for the firmware. It also appears to have some TCR adjustment capability but now certain how far that goes. It is a cute one though.

Yeah, the reason I purchased the Evic VT was for the long battery life. I am eyeing a replaceable battery mod for emergencies (like when all of my iSticks die simultaneously). I don't vape anything over 25 watts, except in TC mode, so I'm interested to hear the reports on how well the chipset manages battery life. My IPV Mini eats them standing idle, let alone using it.

I finally made a wire order to restock my kanthal and picked up some NI200 while I was at it, so I can finally get a few RTAs setup in TC mode.

My only issue so far is the silicon sleeve is wearing fast, becoming loose with everyday use, plus cracking around the bottom edges. The mod itself is working and operating as expected :)

Reactions: AlaskaVaper

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I have recently been using a VCT-Pro tank with the Ni coils and that is a very good match. The VCT-Pro by SMOK is identical to the T-VCT advertised as a TC tank but the only difference is View attachment 485729 it ships with Kanthal coils. These tanks have a nice easy draw and are a good complement for the Evic. Plus they are not expensive at around $22.

Price sounds right. Tell me more. How many watts will the VTC's reach while bouncing off tp? Example: my STmini w/RBa V1 hovers around 30w using 75vg juice. Temp is set to warm vapor production and airflow is set to the middle position.

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
Price sounds right. Tell me more. How many watts will the VTC's reach while bouncing off tp? Example: my STmini w/RBa V1 hovers around 30w using 75vg juice. Temp is set to warm vapor production and airflow is set to the middle position.
Just now looking at the Evic as it is charging- my setting in Ni with the pro using the SMOK standard Ni coil is:air 3/4 open on the tank, temp set to 520F and 55W but usually watts reaches 37-38F during a vape. The coil res is locked at .15 and is rock solid. It provides a nice warm flavorful vape using Mango/Peach (50% boost) from Vista Vaper High VG. I often take juice down where I am only getting very little vapor before refilling. Temp protection is activating as vapor decreases but not with any abrupt shut downs but with hardly noticeable wattage lowering. I have never had anything resembling a dry hit at these settings and I have tried to get that to occur but it just does not happen. I am a happy vaper with this combo.

Reactions: cigatron

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Just now looking at the Evic as it is charging- my setting in Ni with the pro using the SMOK standard Ni coil is:air 3/4 open on the tank, temp set to 520F and 55W but usually watts reaches 37-38F during a vape. The coil res is locked at .15 and is rock solid. It provides a nice warm flavorful vape using Mango/Peach (50% boost) from Vista Vaper High VG. I often take juice down where I am only getting very little vapor before refilling. Temp protection is activating as vapor decreases but not with any abrupt shut downs but with hardly noticeable wattage lowering. I have never had anything resembling a dry hit at these settings and I have tried to get that to occur but it just does not happen. I am a happy vaper with this combo.

520°f in Ni mode? That's a very warm vape huh? I'm at 520ish in Ti mode which is known to read about 80°f higher than actual. Ni reads about 20°f higher than actual? That would put your vapor temp about 60°f hotter than mine? Is it ever actually hitting temp protect at 37-38w? Curious

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaskaVaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread