Cthulhu RTA V2 (similar posts to the velocity rda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecca7979

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
California
Yeah noticed it says that you get a frosted glass tank, weird though I thought it said you get an extra replacement clear glass a week ago. But anyways does anybody know how the top fill works yet? I am really interested in this tank but aside from the single coil option and the velocity style build deck for dual coils, I wonder if performance will be better than my goblin.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Yeah noticed it says that you get a frosted glass tank, weird though I thought it said you get an extra replacement clear glass a week ago. But anyways does anybody know how the top fill works yet? I am really interested in this tank but aside from the single coil option and the velocity style build deck for dual coils, I wonder if performance will be better than my goblin.

Yer we will have to wait to find out what the performance is like but I suspect that the flavour and airflow will be slightly better than the old Cthulhu so if thats better than the goblin then my bet is yes.... I think what this Atty ATM clearly does bring to the table is ease of use if that is important to you then regardless if the vaping exprence is not at some crazy new level it may be worth getting most of the DLI attys at the moment have quite a few issue that this atty seems to address bad wicking, not enough air flow, offset coil placement(hot legs), overly complex or leaky fill systems. At the moment this Atty seems to address all these issue.... it could turn out to be a hunk of junk but it really does have the potential to be something special.

FYI i believe the top fill works by closing of the juice flow (just above airflow adjustment) and simply unscrewing the top piece that holds the Drip tip so similar to a K4 in process (mechanical works rather differently) - presumably this top piece will have to Flat sides or grooves for the air to escape like the k4.

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
Thats strange, its a spaced coil too?
Yep. Spaced titanium grade 1 coils. The offset coil design causes a hot leg and I have even had the cotton burn a bit. The same thing happens in my Goblins, but my Goliath V2 works flawlessly. That's why I concluded that the offset 3 post design is not good for temp control.

From now on, I will only buy 2 post attys for temp control.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Found some new photos of the final product not so sure about the different coloured Oring look (but choice is aways good) or the Juice flow knurling but it still imo looks amazing can wait to get my hands on one checking my vape shop every day even though they will probably only have it late this week!

Cthulhu v2 RTA

down the bottom plenty of images to scroll through and droll over :D
enjoy

JoshuaC

Unresolved Status
Apr 27, 2015
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

JoshuaC

Unresolved Status
Apr 27, 2015
  • Deleted by Misty

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Both tank are pyrex glass :)

Good to hear, any one seen it in stock yet.... I'm not good at waiting...

The idea of plastic has always put me off i know from other hobbies that lots of plastic leach plasticized into fluids like water and the fact that some Ejuice is known crack tanks and its acidic by default makes me think ejuice and plastic is just not a good idea... That said half my ejuice comes in plastic bottles and it tastes fine so it proably just more hypocritical BS that pops into my head from a failure to unders chemistry....lol

JoshuaC

Unresolved Status
Apr 27, 2015
  • Deleted by Misty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread