e-cigarettes and flying? Tsa regulations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintonmrcs

Sep 1, 2015
Hi all! I'm going on a trip this October, and I'm worried about whether my e-cigarette and juice are allowed. I'm not asking to vape on the plane. I just want to know if it's allowed in my checked bags or carry on. I've checked the tsa-can I bring website. Which says they are allowed in checked or carry on luggage. juice must abide by the 311 rule. However, I was told by my local vape shop, a law was just passed that they are only allowed in your checked bags? I'm flying out of Kansas City international airport into Orlando-mco. Flying Southwest. Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm a nervous wreck. Thanks

Mr Ecig

Unresolved Status
Sep 1, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

CGE

Jun 6, 2015
don't sweat it, I fly all over the USA and the world (in Vietnam at the moment) and in the states follow the 3-3-3 rule and you will be fine. I usually travel with 10 bottles (20 and 30ml) in my backpack with no issues. You are not supposed to lithium ion batteries in a checked bag so keep them in your carryon.

On a side note on the plane keep a napkin handy, close your air on your tank (if you have one) and turn it upside down and put it in the seatback pocket. All of mine leak on the plane if I don't do that.....something with the pressure change.

Reactions: GranFumador

clintonmrcs

Sep 1, 2015
Bless you all! I have been worried sick about this. Whether it's allowed... whether they can go in my carry-on... whether they can go in my checked bags.. Basically if I were to drain the tanks, remove the tank from the battery, put in separate containers with the juice in a bag, I should be fine going through security? Also if it matters, my 2 batteries are vision spinner II, and vapros nunchaku. Not sure if they have lithium ion batteries? So you think they're okay to go in my carry-on? My worst fear is that they'll take them from me going thru security, or they'll remove them from my luggage when I'm not there. Crazy, but just a worrier. Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread