Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I think that if a traditionally trained medical doctor tells you to take something that is not a traditional pharmaceutical, he has an open mind, common sense, and willing to see the good that 'alternative' medicine can do. I also think that, since Obamacare, doctors know that the patients are more responsible for the cost of medications, so they give you/us a lower cost alternative in the process.

My dad's ONE cholesterol med used to cost him more than $80/mth. He has replaced that and other prescriptions with supplements and he now pays less than $80 every 3 months. He is more brave than I am, I have never replaced a presciption med, only OTC meds.
My wife has a Rx for Omeprazol which she gets by mail. She has most of it at home and she needed extra so the doc here wrote her a script for 30 to get her home. Since she got it at home by mail insurance wouldn't cover and 30 was going to cost $100. She got some over the counter same strength $26 for 42 of them. With insurance she normally gets 180 for $5 so you can imagine how much the drug company screws the insurance company and the insurance company screws us to the tune of $1100 a month. Glad we went with that option though cause I can imagine what 2 days and 2 pints of blood cost and it is all covered. We could've gotten cheaper insurance but this little deal made uup for it.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Ya'll got me curious about Star Trek movies and shows. So, I looked it up.

There were 5 series, 6 movies with Kirk as captain, 4 movies with Picard as captain, and the third of the new series coming out this year with 2 more planned.

I had no idea!

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Bought myself a new car today

R-Car.JPG

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
My wife has a Rx for Omeprazol which she gets by mail. She has most of it at home and she needed extra so the doc here wrote her a script for 30 to get her home. Since she got it at home by mail insurance wouldn't cover and 30 was going to cost $100. She got some over the counter same strength $26 for 42 of them. With insurance she normally gets 180 for $5 so you can imagine how much the drug company screws the insurance company and the insurance company screws us to the tune of $1100 a month. Glad we went with that option though cause I can imagine what 2 days and 2 pints of blood cost and it is all covered. We could've gotten cheaper insurance but this little deal made uup for it.
If you need it on the quick and fairly cheap just buy the OTC Prilosec. Same drug exactly in a 20mg capsule. Just take a couple to make 40mg. I too take it, cept as Nexium and have done that works fine. There's always a work around if you look hard.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
1.2lt of power + Fuel economy which you need with Australian Gas prices.

View attachment 486224
Nice car. 1.2lt is kinda small. How's she accelerate? I have a 1.6 in my Velostor and it does ok. Not gonna snap you neck but, gets going pretty good.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Bought myself a new car today

View attachment 486217
Beautiful!
Lovely! Congratulations!

Waiting for Miles to arrive. Gonna be a hot day today, maybe we'll get in the pool. He's decided he likes that really big bathtub out back!
The pool sounds like the perfect remedy for a hot day, especially with Miles....what a cutie he is!

Good Morning Everyone. Raining in bright sunshine, only in Florida..
Yep, only in Florida.....we're getting our share of sunshine right now, but don't expect it to last too long![/QUOTE]

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Beautiful!
The pool sounds like the perfect remedy for a hot day, especially with Miles....what a cutie he is!

Yep, only in Florida.....we're getting our share of sunshine right now, but don't expect it to last too long!
[/QUOTE]
Speaking of pools. Found out yesterday that MIL owns a time share right on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale. Not worth much (couple thousand maybe) if we want to sell it. Her week is number 48 and if we rented it out for that week they say it'll bring in $170 a night. Apparently high season for snowbirds. That would pay the annual maintenance fees,. The really nice thing is that once we transfer the deed to Doree and her brother we will have pool, tiki bar and private beach privileges all year round. Looked at the place yesterday and it is really nice. 1 bedroom studio apartment (motel room but, a little bigger) and a great pool with jasmoozy, towel and cabana rentals, tiki bar and a beautiful beach. The room looks right out on the ocean with a balcony (2nd floor) that 5 or 6 could sit on. Anyone interested in coming down to the area and maybe going to the beach with us, just let me know. If your interested in renting it I'm sure I can cut you a respectable break. We get 80% and the company takes 20 (obviously, I'm a math whiz). I'll post pics soon. Completely forgot about taking them yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread