Not open for further replies.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Lynn thanks, I did not know you had 4 - 30s this explains a lot

Have you used your 40 with your mini and TC coils ? I think this will become a game changer once people try the mini with TC.

Note: my 3 Nautilus Mini's all have optional metal covered class tanks and don't shatter when dropped, at least so far.

I am mostly using my 40 with one of my mini's with TC coil and have mostly followed your suggestion of temp 400 degrees max and less and use it quite a lot as my now favorite, compared to my 20w and 30w with other mini's

I did get a gs air and TC coils for it when i ordered the 40w, and don't like the gs air so much after trying it and compared to the mini, for several reason. But probably will test it again, or use it as a temp TC alternate for the 40w?
I tried the TC when I first got it. With the GS Tank, the new one and nickel coils, I had to run it at 560 degrees to get even close to the vape of the eVic. So I tried it with a mini nautilus with nickel coils and the draw on it is tighter than what I like even with the airflow on the largest hole. With the mini, I could run it at 400 degrees for a pretty good vape but still didn't like the air flow. For TC, I just prefer the eVic with an ST Mini.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Been using the iStick 40w for about a month now I think. Two annoyances that I want to point out.

The OHMs doesn't adjust unless you pull the tank off and replace it on the battery. Just a minor annoyance. I believe it did with the 30w. Like I would place my coil on the battery, fire it, then compress it with tweezers and I could see the resistance moving. Now I have to take the tank off, put it back on to see where it's at.

Does anyone else get the sudden drop in battery.

My ohm reading changes on my iStick TC40W without my having to take the tank off. I've not had any trouble with that.

The battery on the TC40W seems to last longer than my 30W iStick does. Not a whole lot longer, because I chain vape. But it does last longer. None of the iSticks' batteries that I have (20W, 30W and TC40W) have lasted more than a day for me due to my heavy vaping habits...even though I vape usually around 3 to 3.1 volts, 5.8 to 6 watts, using a 1.5ohm coil. It's always been that way for me. Back in the day a 1100 battery would last maybe 8 hours max, and the 650s around 3 hours. I generally run around 10 to 15ml. a day through my tanks and the batteries usually last me for that long (but I do use the passthrough if I'm near a USB hub and doing something,...so that may not be completely accurate. I never thought to check how many mls I got on a battery charge before).

I have noticed that the ohm readings on each of my iSticks vary slightly ...using the same coil. Easy enough to adjust. I don't do TC or sub ohms at all.

Nightly_Paradox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
East TN
My ohm reading changes on my iStick TC40W without my having to take the tank off. I've not had any trouble with that.

The battery on the TC40W seems to last longer than my 30W iStick does. Not a whole lot longer, because I chain vape. But it does last longer. None of the iSticks' batteries that I have (20W, 30W and TC40W) have lasted more than a day for me due to my heavy vaping habits...even though I vape usually around 3 to 3.1 volts, 5.8 to 6 watts, using a 1.5ohm coil. It's always been that way for me. Back in the day a 1100 battery would last maybe 8 hours max, and the 650s around 3 hours. I generally run around 10 to 15ml. a day through my tanks and the batteries usually last me for that long (but I do use the passthrough if I'm near a USB hub and doing something,...so that may not be completely accurate. I never thought to check how many mls I got on a battery charge before).

I have noticed that the ohm readings on each of my iSticks vary slightly ...using the same coil. Easy enough to adjust. I don't do TC or sub ohms at all.
Mine seems to be alright.

Mine at 20w and 5.54v with a 1.6ohm coil well last me a full day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TrollDragon

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
There's just something about a HUGE tank sitting on top of a small box mod that doesn't sit well with me. I save the big boys for my big mods like the EVic or the Disrupter.

How about a tank sitting on the side of the mod???

Luxury Box 35W All In One-Kangside ecig factory Kangside electronic cigarette the leader of brand ecig all over the world KSD brand e cigarette website ecig website

Original Kangside KSD Luxury Box 35W VW Box Mod-27.99 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Looked like I was going to get a lot more vaping from the Defender but I only got 10ml compared to 7ml from istick40. Working on the MVP20 now.
I tested with the MVP20 and it only got 10ml. Thought that would be the best of the lot. So iStick40 is a little short on battery life. I am not sure if the TC chip does any additional functionality that would cause the battery to die quicker even if it is in VW mode. Any idea? Overall, I really like the iStick. It is definitely the perfect size for me. Not sure if I will ever try the TC on it.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Anybody still on their good old istick 50w? Any rda runs well on a 50w?

My iStick 50W is still working like new! No issues. I run RTAs and RDAs on it without any issues. My Magma clone's 510 is a bit long, so I just make certain not to crank it down too hard so not to damage the [spring loaded] 510 pin. None of my isticks, be they 20W, 30W or 50W have had any battery/chipset issues.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
thanks, gerry! but that seems to be shipping by slow boat out of china ;) thinking, thinking ...................
Where do we ship from?
US buyers from CA by USPS , delivery time between 3 to 5 days.

Buyers elsewhere ship from China by postnl, delivery time between 7 to 14 days.

What about our quality assurance?

counterfeits and unqualified products can be changed or refunded within 30 days.
About Us

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
ahem, bike ;) items in the us are marked as such :D

upload_2015-9-1_11-48-24.png

in the first row the only item marked as such is the lemo. i took the plunge will let y'all know ;)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
ahem, bike ;) items in the us are marked as such :D

in the first row the only item marked as such is the lemo. i took the plunge will let y'all know ;)
Well that's just funky as all crap. I bit too with the free shipping. Not experienced with these Chinese sites, I guess. :)

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
Well that's just funky as all crap. I bit too with the free shipping. Not experienced with these Chinese sites, I guess. :)
Cross your fingers and think positive thoughts.:eek:

I'm still fighting with GB over an 8.00 coil jig.:-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread