SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
Vapor Flask SX does it justice imo. Whiteout SX is fine too. Renegade X mod also a fine option, even a kit if you want to put it together yourself. Boxer, meh, its good, but 3D printed, which is a turn off for some.
Dan,
Where did you see the SX VaporFlask is on sell for $269? I went to there site but it says it isn't open yet.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I always say a product does not care where it is made. all products are made by humans and machines. the location of these has no bearing on anything. Walmart et al have historically looked to offshore countries for cheap unfair labor. that, has absolutely no bearing as to if a company can build a quality product at a realistic price point. anyone can, anywhere. it simply does not matter. it is really ignorant to bash a geographic location in regard to their manufacturing abilities. trust me, I am pretty well versed on this. the reason you find higher quality in custom mods is because they are made in much more limited quantities. I have had hana and vapor shark fail in scores. in fact what about evolves varies debacles. anyone can screw up and anyone can prosper. anywhere on the planet. quality or lack thereof knows no bounds. besides, to err is to be human. I think the real issue here is these have not reached mainstream consumer device status. it is kind of like beta testing thus far. you are unlikely to find a large number of any lcd tv currently that has a known high failure rate. still, it happens. people make mistakes. all in all I would say a hana for instance is none the better than the sx mini. they both have their issues and benefits. I still prefer the sxm even sans paint. I have an idea though. I am going to use an sxm as a doner to retrofit the 350j in the tophat mod then I am set. a mod maker per se would have legal implications doing that but what I do in my basement is my business.

that being said.... I yearn for a high end mod. thick aluminum, exotic wood, dual batteries and of course showcasing the 350j. I think the issue is yihi does not sell this chip to just anyone. which further goes to show they are in fact concerned about their reputation. no other reason since in fact they stand to increase revenue.

Reactions: burnie71

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Here is a "high-end" dual 18650 SX350J mod: Pre Order Dimitri X Dual 18650 SX350J Variable Box Mod Lowest Availabl - Puff Puff Vape

That is if you don't like the vapor flask SX, or Renegade X mods I mentioned yesterday. I'm not sure how you aren't giddy over the flask SX, it sounds like everything you want, and at a descent price.

I don't see how you could retrofit dual 18650s and a SX350J into an enclosure designed for a DNA board and single 18650, but if you can, more power to ya.

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
I have no issue with China and their ability to produce quality products. They do it all day, every day. I have been in the import/ export business for 35 years. What I never do/ did was buy directly from any manufacturer without an agent or some representative watching , checking QC to make certain that my shipments were made to my standards. I'm not sure this is the case with vaping products. I would like to know of one of distributors that actually have a presence in China watching their production. The vendor I purchased mine from has sold a few thousand. I know the guy pretty well. I'm sure others have sold more. The price of a ticket to China wouldn't break this guy.
When I first started vaping I bought products from China because they were inexpensive.
I kept buying mods, and tanks that all failed some within weeks some days. None lasted or functioned as they should for any length of time. Fast forward to Provari and some high end end mechanical mods from Europe. All still look and function like they did the day purchased them. Unfortunately the technology no longer suites my vaping style. Then comes the S class sexy, great technology I said I'll try it. I still love it and it looks like I just took it out of the box. The production was a fraction of the M class.
The demand has been so great for the M that without any eyes watching out for the distributor we become vulnerable to having to deal with issues. Nic_ you purchased 3 I purchased 3. That's 6 for 6 with cosmetic issues.
I'm a lazy vapor and I'm not into issues. I prefer not deal with returns or videos or pictures.
I think Yihi is doing a great job bringing state of the art technology and advances
to the vape community. I wish they would bring the entire finished product with the same quality that they did with the chip.
I hope no one is offended just opinion. We all know what they say about opinions.
Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Ok after I stopped pulling what little hair I have left out dealing with the silly SX "USB3 vs USB2" issue my SXminiM finally showed 'Connected' and I upgraded to the firmware with Ti support.

Took the Ti tank off the IPV4S, attached to the SXminiM, set the resistance and Ti mode and now I have two SX mods that support Ti wire. Cool. I'll give it a day or two before switching the other tank over to Ti.

It seems to work here. I do like being able to more easily swap wicks without having to recoil (because it got bent out of shape while removing the wick out of flimsey Ni200 wound coil).

Progress not perfection.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Mod/Tank care obviously varies from individual to individual.
    My SXM still looks like new and operates as expected.
    None of my China tanks from the Kanger T3's to my current Orchid tanks work any differently than the day I received and started using them. actually with practice and education many have gotten much better at performance. hmmm.....
    Even the Lowly eVic, hated by many Provari owners, is still working great after over 2 years. They are even v1 versions.
    My RTA's have no stripped screws and the 510's still connect fine. Same for RDA's.

Some peoples extreme expectations just don't make sense to me:confused:

Often it seems to be brought on by:
    It Broke!
    It's Junk!
    It's all their fault!
    Denial of personal responsibility

But not Always
    YMMV
    ;)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    Well I'm kinda sold on the Unkamen so far. I have had it for 2 months but have been using Crazy Wire. I made my first Unk coil today and it seems to have a cleaner taste and a stronger vape and flavor. So I recoiled my fave flavor and so fare its the same way just a little better. Not so much I would stop using the CW and I haven't tried to clean one yet that won't happen for 3 weeks but as of right now I do like it better. It has a lower resistance cause it is a true 26awg and the CW is a little higher cause it is thinner, about .02ohms diff. We'll see how it cleans up.
    Mod/Tank care obviously varies from individual to individual.
    My SXM still looks like new and operates as expected.
    None of my China tanks from the Kanger T3's to my current Orchid tanks work any differently than the day I received and started using them. actually with practice and education many have gotten much better at performance. hmmm.....
    Even the Lowly eVic, hated by many Provari owners, is still working great after over 2 years. They are even v1 versions.
    My RTA's have no stripped screws and the 510's still connect fine. Same for RDA's.

Some peoples extreme expectations just don't make sense to me:confused:

Often it seems to be brought on by:
    It Broke!
    It's Junk!
    It's all their fault!
    Denial of personal responsibility

But not Always
    YMMV
    ;)
    You know I sort of agree with you on that. The only things I have ever had problems with was my Sigelei DNA20 clone, sometimes the screen doesn't shut off and if you don't notice it dead battery. My Silver Bullet threads for 510 wore out and my GG had problems with it from the start but it was sort of experimental when I got it. All in my save box. Everything else I have ever gotten works like new. All Chinese now YiHi and Kanger. Oh and the Ti update on the SXM not being even close to accurate but the NI200 mode work great with Ti so that is fine with me. Made me switch over to completely Ti.

becosemsaida

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2012
    Portugal
    Well all are having fun ........ Mine was replaced by a new one due to paint issues. Got a new (same) device, no laser edged serial nor updated. The only reason i send it back was because of the paint issue but this one is from the same batch so it's just a matter of time. Got a customized sleeve and a silicon "something" to protect it. Good service from my vendor and Yihi combined.

Beco

Jake67

ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2014
    Us
    In an attempt to resolve the battery cap issuesI purchased 3 battery caps from Vaitube. 2of the 3 work perfectly and secure the battery. The 3rd has has the same issue as the one that came from the factory.
    The brass sleeve is in perfect shape. No issues with the threads. Hopefully they will upgrade that feature along with paint issues.
    Still the best chip on the market IMHO

Sent from my iPhone

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    In an attempt to resolve the battery cap issuesI purchased 3 battery caps from Vaitube. 2of the 3 work perfectly and secure the battery. The 3rd has has the same issue as the one that came from the factory.
    The brass sleeve is in perfect shape. No issues with the threads. Hopefully they will upgrade that feature along with paint issues.
    Still the best chip on the market IMHO

Sent from my iPhone

No offense, just my observation...............

It seems you have the crappiest luck with things.:confused:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread