Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
So Drott and Bamrz, how was your day?

I worked today and was super busy. The other groomer came back to work today. She was gone for a week since her and her mom got in an argument. I'm sure glad she showed up today because if not I would've had to do 8 dogs by myself. :shock: I would have been quite unhappy about that.

After work had to run to get a gift card for my sister's birthday and then to Target to pick up meds. I have to go back and get the rest on Monday since they had to order a couple of them.

Morgan is doing good so far this school year. She's liking high school. She asked me this morning if she could go to the football game at the school tonight. She wanted to meet some friends there. I talked to hubby and he was an emphatic no. I didn't think so either but wanted to get his opinion too. I maybe wouldn't mind so much if she was actually going with someone and not meeting them there. Plus there is a boy she is supposedly "friends" with that rides her bus and is on the football team. That would be fine except that he is a senior and she's a freshman.

I'm off to find an app for the phone that will let me monitor Morgan on her phone. We tried a couple of different ones but haven't found one that will do all we want it to do and wasn't a pita to work. As soon as I can find a decent one and set it up on our phones we will give her her phone back. She hasn't had it for about 4 months now. I know, I'm an evil mom. :laugh: I now understand all my parents went through when I was a kid. I'm surprised my sister survived it. I was the good one. :lol:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Did I mention how great it is to see clearly again? These new glasses rock! It took a few days getting used to the bifocals since I have only had single vision before but I think I've about got thm mastered. Big change going from wearing glasses for up close like computer and reading only to wearing them all the time. At first it drove me nuts having them on all day but now I barely notice they're there.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I'm talking to myself I see.

Got the parental control app installed on Morgan's phone. Now if it works properly I will be able to see who she texts with and what is said, block use on the phone at certain times of the day, see what she is browsing on the internet, block sites that are inappropriate by putting in key words like "date", etc. It will block any website that has anything to do with that. I can see and remove apps she installs or block access to any app. I can track her via gps and also monitor facebook and instagram. She doesn't have a facebook account because we made her delete her account but she does use instagram. I can access everything through the app on her phone or on the apps website using my password. The app is installed on her phone but she can't remove it or enter it unless she has the password. I told her that she can have her phone back now but that hubby and I can see what she is doing at all times and will be watching her closely. Hopefully it will work correctly.

Time for dinner. Pickles. Yep, pickles for dinner. :laugh:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I only lost 8/10ths of a pound for the week. It kinda sucks but I've been on a streak for a while now so I guess I'm at a plateau because last week I didn't gain or lose. Oh well, at least I lost something.

I just had a bowl full of kettle corn popcorn. I ate a lot but didn't put any butter on it. And I didn't even eat the whole thing. I shared with Morgan and the dogs.

This past weekend was again awful. Not awful for goings to my in laws or to celebrate for my sister birthday. Remember that awful reaction I had on one of my new meds a couple of weeks ago? Then my doc put me on a differnt med to take it's place but in the same class of drugs.
It caused the same reaction. Very strange reaction because it seemed to effect me neurologically. Off balance and no walking a straight line. The worst part is the confusion. I lose my words in a sentes. and cann't think or even spell Still feeling a little fuzzy headed but today was much better than yesterday.

Where is James?

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Mornin' peeps.

Sorry for the unannounced hiatus. We've got a bunch of stuff going on right now that doesnt need to be posted about.

We think the lice and bedbug problems are either gone or almost gone. Melanie's head is the last hold out for the lice, but it's just the nits that just refuse to come out of her hair. The bedbug killer came by again last week and sprayed again. We're still noticing a few, but it's very few. Maybe one or two a day, vs a few dozen in an hour.

Kat's softball season ended this passed weekend. The tournament was exactly the way every other tournament has gone this season. They started out strong, but one person makes a mistake, and the whole team implodes. Kat did really well offensivley all weekend and only "ok" out in the field. She had a lot of misses from simple errors. But now she's going to focus on volleyball until we can find a team for her to play on for the remainder of the fall.

Speaking of Kat, we had to take her to the orthopedic doctor yesterday. She'd been complaining about her foot hurting a lot lately. Turns out she was born with an extra bone in her foot and it had separated and became inflamed. She gets to wear a boot for the next three weeks, meaning even her volleyball is going to be put on hold. She said her coach was less than happy about it. Kat may have never played volleyball before, but she's actually pretty good at it.

Yesterday, CJ decided he was going to try to ride down the driveway holding a water gun so he could squirt Melanie and ride off before she could squirt him. Great theory. Unfortunately, when he hit the curb while holding his handlebars with one hand, he fell. Hard. On his face. And elbow. He's got a nasty bruised bump on his forehead, the right side of his body is skinned in several places. I'm waiting to hear "Why wasnt he wearing a helmet!?" from someone. In this case, a helmet wouldnt have mattered. But I am starting to believe I need to get a couple for them.

And finally, I've contacted the county dept of recreation and asked about becoming an umpire for softball. It was Mrs E's idea. She said since I spend a massive part of my life on the ball fields anyway, I might as well get paid for it. And since I coached for so long, I already know a large majority of the rules. So, Im waiting to hear back from the guy. We'll see how that goes.

Yep. Thats my life for the last week. Gym. Softball. Volleyball. More softball. More gym. Kids falling off bike. Bugs. More volleyball.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Good afternoon! Glad you're back James. Hope you're getting caught up FV. No word from Drott or Bamrz yesterday so hope they are ok.

I had today off from work so I went to Walmart for groceries and by the bank to make a deposit for Alex. He got money over the weekend from grandparents for finally graduating high school. Shew, what a relief that is. I got a call this morning to remind us of Alex's appointment with the psychologist for testing at the GA Vocational Rehabilitation office for tomorrow. Huh? I didn't get a letter about it. I told her he'd be there and then texted hubby to make sure he could take him tomorrow. This is supposed to be about 3 hours worth of testing so they can verify his diagnosis and will help them see what services he may need. I told Alex about it when I got home a few minutes ago. I neglected to tell him it would be 3 hours long and have no plans to do so. He'd just put up a fight and it would cause more trouble so I'm keeping that tidbit of info to myself and hubby. Thankfully things are moving along smoothly with the ssi and vocational rehab. Still no word from ssi though. Presently he is working on getting some info on some classes and certificates he wants to get to move forward. We're moving at a snails pace here but at least we're moving.

My doctor office finally called me back this morning and set me up for a sooner appointment than the one I had scheduled for the end of the month. My doctor seemed a bit annoyed that I stopped this medicine but I sure as hill wasn't going to keep taking something I know was causing me problems. Both of the meds that caused the reaction are brand new medicines. As a matter of fact when I dug for information on the last one I found that it was just approved by the fda on July 15 of this year. I do not wish to be a guinea pig. I say lets go back to some of the old school drugs and see if they will work even if they aren't the newest and greatest creation. Sometimes that is not necessarily a good thing. Besides, the newer ones aren't covered as well on my insurance and there aren't any generics yet to bring down the cost.

I'm off to get some chores done. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread