Why Are We Being Misled About E-Cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place

Jacob Sullum has written pro vaping in the past. This time he poses the question of why are we being misled ... He cites the Public Health England report quite heavy. But, he then attacks the "mealymouthed and sometimes outright false statements of public health agencies and anti-smoking organizations ...", Tom Frieden, Ron Chapman, and the alphabet soup of private organizations that spew the lies. The shocking thing is that this was picked up by News Week.

If you are wondering about the source of this misperception, look no further than the mealymouthed and sometimes outright false statements of public health agencies and anti-smoking organizations, whose misleading pronouncements about vaping are uncritically amplified by their flacks in the press.

http://www.newsweek.com/why-are-we-being-misled-about-e-cigarettes-367744

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
It's great to see a predominate publisher pick up this article. It may force honesty into the mainstream.
It's reprinted from Reason Magazine, where the author has been a fierce defender of vaping. I agree with you. The fact that Newsweek printed it is great news, and an important sign of progress.

Reactions: LaraC

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Um, have you tried clearing your 'cookies'?
Not that I have ever done something like that;)
Throwing this possiblity out there, too. I'm using a script blocker, and it was telling my I've used up my 5 freebies, even though I hadn't. It showed me the article, only after allowing every script on that page. It's happened to me before with Newsweek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread